Buying medical grade cannabis seeds for recreational cultivation

Discussion in 'General' started by heat_filter, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Hey everyone, I'm new to Grasscity and I would like to start off by saying thanks for having me here, where I can ask & learn.

I have a question about a grey area (I think) of the laws of recreational cultivation where it's legal in the U.S.: Is it legal in Oregon, Washington, Alaska and/or Colorado to purchase medical grade marijuana seeds/plants for cultivating as recreational without a permit/card/license? I'm about to move to Colorado and want to know if it'll be legit to such a thing there or if not, maybe in one of the other aforementioned states?

I tried looking around for an answer online and on different forums but couldn't find one. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :confused_2:  :metal:

2. Well, certainly in Colorado, you wouldn't want to be caught cultivating medical seeds as recreational; that's a huge no-no.

3. what's the different between a medical seed and a recreational seed?

4. Nothing.

5. Well the only answer anybody can give you is that you have to buy medical seeds unless you can just find someone on the streets who sells seeds that's the only way to grow for " recreational use without a permit/card/license" or just buy seeds online.