Can I live off of Snickers?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by BirchPlease, Feb 23, 2015.

1. So, I realized lately I've been skipping buying groceries and using the money for other stuff, since I get fed one meal a day at work 5 days a week. I usually don't eat most of the day, then I grab a Snickers at the gas station on my way in to work in the afternoon. Eat dinner there around 9. Then that's it for the night. Maybe a piece of chocolate cake from dinner when I get home at 11 if we have some leftover. Rinse repeat. Sometimes I eat a bowl of ramen midday before I go into work. Sometimes I grab McDonald's or something awful on my way in to work. On my days off I usually cook something at home for dinner at some point and like to bake (like baked goods, no cannabis, just brownies and muffins and things) too. I know it sounds really unhealthy, and it probably is, but the food I get at work is a really well balanced homestyle meal, usually as much as I want.

So I realized today that I'm basically living off of a few random groceries and ramen, Snickers, and the dinner I get at work. And I thought to myself, I wonder if I could I get a case of Snickers so I would have one for every day. So I googled it, and it turns out, you can. And they were cheap. Like $35 for 48 standard sized bars shipped Prime to your door. So, I started wondering how bad it would be for me to replace the other stuff I've been eating with the Snickers because they were so cheap. It'd save me so much money on groceries lol.

But, I'm just high and this HAS to be a terrible idea, right? Somebody bring me a Snickers.

2. you'll have cavities like crazy, you'll put on a lot of weight. i mean A LOT. faster than you could imagine. i mean you COULD..but thats not something you wanna do lmfao. 

3. If you want to go that route, replace the Snickers with a baked potato and butter. A baked potato with butter has everything your body needs to live and will most likely be better for you than Snickers.

4. This! This is what I'm going for...something basic and sustaining, cheap and maintainable. And the best part? I have like 20lbs of potatoes in my cellar. This ridiculous idea might just become something usable.

And on the gaining weight...I've actually lost quite a bit since this kinda became a thing. I work on a farm, and I work hard.

Rub your potatoes with Olive Oil and salt before you bake them, it makes the skins tasty. You'll want to eat the skins, also different potatoes have different tastes so experiment.

6. Eat some fruit, its delicious.  You could buy a dozen apples for like $2.

7. When I was almost homeless I lived off of bananas, apples, trail mix, multivitamins and mr noodles

Dropped like 40 lbs in 1.5 month but I lived

[​IMG]

8. Damn, lol. I highly recommend you not living off of snickers bars. They're really bad for your nutritional health. I love the idea of baked potatoes!!! If you want something sweet, sweet potatoes! They're good for you, a pinch sweet, and you can make healthy fries with them. They're cheap too. Like 60 cents a pound? Or cheaper a pound. Don't quote me. Trick is to eat every 2-3 hours to stave off hunger. I would suggest Quest bars as a snack, but they're super expensive as an alternative to snacks and food. Like upwards of 3 bucks each!!!

Anyway, farm work is super labor intensive. Definitely keep the calories up (healthy calories) and processed foods LOW.

:wave:

9. I don't get why nobody has suggested cabbage...I mean come on cabbage is full of protein vitamins fiber sugars and if you cook them with some oil you got your fat in there too and great thing is....they cost something like 25 cents for a head of cabbage which would EASILY sustain you for a day or two haha

10. fruit and veggies are cheap. like ramen noodle cheap. you don't even have to cook most veggies. just eat them and you don't have to cook fruit. 

11. Oh wow...this thread is still alive. Okay. Well, I failed in my stoned state to mention that in addition to working on a farm, I live on an acreage and have a HUGE garden. Vegetables of all types abound all summer long. There are fruit trees, but they aren't mature enough to produce yet. Luckily, I get seasonal fruit from work for free. Along with raw milk now that our calf is born and all the eggs I can eat. So during the growing season, I eat a lot for free. All of this came about due to a little bit of poverty and a LOT of laziness. I love to cook, and I cook well. I just hate cooking for 1 and eating leftovers for a week. I'm also super busy right now and just don't have time.

I never did buy that case of Snickers. But the winter slump is almost over. Fresh greens coming soon!

12. #12 Trevon-Loyd, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Look up a recipe for pasties (not the things strippers wear). Ground beef, ground pork, potatoes, carrots, rutabaga, onion, and a few spices wrapped up in dough. I make them in batches of about a dozen and freeze them after cooking. They reheat excellently and taste great with a dab of catsup. Tasty, filling, cheap, and easy/fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. We have these at work during the summer. Well, basically. Its just ground beef and sauerkraut in bread dough. They do freeze and reheat well.

14. No, mix the budder or replace with oil.. You know, because saturated fat

You could theoretically live off of snickers if you were intaking sufficient carbs, fat and protein to maintain your body, but i doubt snickers contain all vital amino acids, which would ultimately lead to your dimise. Plus, the amount of sugar would end up causing diabetes