Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chances of parents smelling it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Elozlol, Feb 22, 2015.

1. So.. I'm new to this forum, and I signed up to post this.

I've been smoking in my room for about a month, this is my ritual:

I make sure my dad's upstairs and my mum is asleep. I then stuff a towel or hoodie underneath my door. I light some incense, open my window, and smoke right at the window. I only open it a bit and I'm always kneeling so that I blow the smoke out the window. After I'm done, I spray myself and the area with some air freshener, and then I light a cigarette.

Is this a good tactic? So far neither of them have said anything, even my dad who smokes as well. Even the same stuff (he's pretty much my runner). I for sure can't smell a thing except for my air freshener.

2. Yeah man, I do this typa' stuff a lot. Just make sure your parents don't come inside while ur smoking. Also, is it okay that you smoke cigs in ur room? 

Most importantly though, make sure to only take one hitters out the window. Almost every time I Got caught was when smoke escaped into the room. 

Always be smart and never be dumb.

3. Yeah, like I said, I make sure my mums asleep before I go smoke  :laughing:  And yeah, I'm allowed to smoke cigs in my room.

& One hitters? Shit, I've been taking like half joints and half bowls in my room. Better stop then.

Thanks!

4. #4 Mordevic, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    If I were you I'd stop with the incense or the air freshener, especially since you can smoke cigs in your room. I think that if you overdo it, it will obvious. Just light some incense and blow your smoke out of the window (make sure that the wind isn't blowing it all back inside), and if you smoke a cig after that you're totally safe as long as no one catches you in the act.

And also what the others said, smoke 1 hitters or cover the bowl with a coin or something so no smoke can freely fly around

5. #5 cheeto_soda, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    U might wanna try and make a sploof. Basically all you need is a toilet paper roll, dryer sheets and tape and it really helps the smell if done right. Other than that you sound pretty golden

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. You sound like you're being really cautious and smart about it, so I think you should be fine. I use something called a smoke buddy, it's like a more legit sploof. You blow the smoke into it and it makes the smoke and odor just disappear haha. I'm not trying to advertise for the smoke buddy people, do what you want, it's just what I use and it's always worked for me. They're like $12.

7. Or you could just go outside to smoke. Boom no risk

8. Just don't smoke bro, I live with my girlfriend. We don't have kids but she doesn't smoke it nor does she really like the smell. She might not mind me smoking it which might not be the case with your parents but i still respect her. It's my flat but she lives in it as well and she family. Just save the hassle go out haze out a joint in 5 minutes and boom your finished.

9. Yeah dude you'll be fine especially since you're allowed to smoke cigs in there. And I'm assuming there's plenty of time for it all to air out overnight since you said you mom is asleep. Just don't let anyone in right after you're done

10. Thanks for the suggestions all! I'm not really worried about it anymore now.  :smoke:

11. Damn.. you must love her.

12. Honestly op,

Open window all the way
    One hitter with your head out the window
    Your incense and hoodie ideas are something I ain't never even thought of.

Combined with all that and cig smoke, you're golden :D

But you can never be too paranoid either :smoke:

13. It's been forever since I had to worry about parents, but in hotels and a few other occasions I had to do some stealth smoking.  I'd basically do what you did, but don't smoke anymore joints.  That's the smelliest thing you can smoke.  Smoke bowls and smother it between hits so it's not just smoking.  Check the wind, blowing a hit out the window is pointless if the wind is going to blow it right back in.  Close it right after you finish smoking, it's tempting to leave it open to let the room air out more, but chances are you'll forget about it and wake up the next day in a freezing cold room. 

14. Use a sploof just to be extra safe.

15. Get a sploof just in case and you will be fine, but don't stop worrying because when you stop you get careless and make a little mistake that will screw you. Dosent hurt to be a little parinoid. Also just had to say my parents were the exact opposite, fine with weed but never wanted me smoking cigarettes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. What's wrong with that? Because i go outside to smoke because she doesn't like the smell?

17. If you've really been smoking joints in your room, unless your parents can't smell I'd guarantee at least one of them has smelled it. You said your dad smokes weed, so does he even care? 

As for a sploof, it does help a little bit, especially if you blow it out of a window. But the smell of weed is so strong that a flimsy toilet paper with dryer sheets is never going to eliminate the smell. 

18. #19 invinciblejets, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    Hmmmm chances of parents smelling it?

What are the chances your underage??

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

May I mention that I'm 19? Therefore, where I live, I am not underage. Thanks.