Master Kush Organic LED Grow (1st Run)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Juan Bond, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Friday 3-13-15 (Day 30)
    I watered each with a 1/2 liter of the tea. Continuing to mist with distilled water. The tops of each look good, but it's the older growth and the issue is traveling upwards. I have included a couple closeups of the problem. 73 (73.2 plant level) 33% humidity.

J U A N B O N D

Attached Files:

2. #42 Juan Bond, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Saturday 3-14-15 (Day 31)
    The issues seemed to have stopped progressing. Dealing with high temperatures and low humidity. Evaporative cooler should solve both problems once it's cleaned. 73 (73.9 plant level) and 31% humidity.

J U A N B O N D

Attached Files:

3. Sunday 3-15-15 (Day 32)
    Even hotter today, so with a new pump installed, I have the cooler up and running. MKA and MKB look really good. Leaves are increasing in size and are a nice shade of green. My leaf issue has seemed to have been stopped in its tracks. I'm thinking it's a combination of the tea and my amended mixes. 73 (76.1 plant level) and 27% humidity.

J U A N B O N D

Attached Files:

4. #44 gingerb, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015

Personally I think you have your LED is way to high, understand your humidity problems.
    Your UFO LED light should be fine roughly 12" above the plant, I will slowly bring your lights back down 4" a day and see how
    your plants response. When you transplanted, did you transplant into slighly different soil? Some plants freak out when repotted into
    different soil, I've done it in the past also myself and learnt. You just need to find the right height for your LED's and stick with it for a few weeks, go easy on the watering. I'm on day 20 of my grow with x2 autos have my lights roughly 9" above the plants, only watering them every 4 or 5 days currently.

Is your Master Kush a fem seed or an Auto?

5. Monday 3-16-15 (Day 33)
    Growth is looking pretty good on both. Temperature is under control for now. 73 (73.9 plant level) and 31% humidity.

J U A N B O N D

Attached Files:

6. Tuesday 3-17-15 (Day 34)
    Pots still feel heavy. Plants look healthy. No preflowers yet. Raising the LEDs and transplanting was the way to go. 77 (73.2 plant level) and 27% humidity.

J U A N B O N D

Attached Files:

7. Wednesday 3-18-15 (Day 35)
    Everything continues to look good. With a little cosmic mojo my way, these will turn out female. Waiting to brew a tea until the pots start to feel light. I'm thinking about trying the manifold technique, but I'm waiting for side branching to grow a little more. 73 (74.4 plant level) and 40% humidity.

J U A N B O N D

Attached Files:

8. Thursday 3-19-15 (Day 36)
    Pots are getting a little lighter. I will begin to aerate a tea tomorrow and apply on Saturday. Going by physical appearance, MKA might be male and MKB a female. Only a guess as there are no preflowers yet. 75 (75.0 plant level) and 43% humidity.

J U A N B O N D

Attached Files:

9. Friday 3-20-15 (Day 37)
    Started aerating a tea to apply tomorrow morning. They are really growing well. I have been misting the plants when I have a chance each day. I will continue the same course of action because it seems to be working. 73 (75.3 plant level) and 59% humidity.

J U A N B O N D

Attached Files:

10. Way to pull thru

The brown is most likely where the leaves were dying before.
    They don't heal. They just brown and die.

Looking a lot better though. Nice growth up top.

11. Thanks! One looks to have male preflowers, and the other I'm on the fence about. It's ok, I have three seedlings a few weeks old that are looking healthy. I put them straight into my amended mix with no ill effects. It shows me that I don't need a seedling mix. Thanks again!

J U A N B O N D

12. Saturday 3-21-15 (Day 38)
    Applied the tea in the morning, and each received a 1/2 liter.  I believe I see the first sign of a preflower on MKA.  75 (73.2 plant level) and 33% humidity.

J U A N B O N D 

Attached Files:

13. Sunday 3-22-15 (Day 39) 
    I added water to the humidity trays.  Plants look happy, but I'm not sure if they are male or female.  72 (74.1 plant level) and 35% humidity.

J U A N B O N D 

Attached Files:

14. Monday 3-23-15 (Day 40)
    Both are showing what I believe to be early preflowers.  I will continue to monitor each.  73 (73.9 plant level) and 26% humidity. 

J U A N B O N D 

Attached Files:

15. Tuesday 3-24-15 (Day 41)
    I need to clone each and do some low stress training.  They both continue to look happy and healthy.  77 (75.0 plant level) and 27% humidity.

J U A N B O N D 

Attached Files:

16. Wednesday 3-25-15 (Day 42)
    Pots were a little light and the fan leaves were drooping.  I watered each with a 1/2 liter of water.  72 (73.2 plant level) and 52% humidity. 

J U A N B O N D 

Attached Files:

17. Thursday 3-26-15 (Day 43)
    Side branching has increased over the last few days and they are getting taller.  73 (75.5 plant level) and 39% humidity. 

J U A N B O N D 

Attached Files:

18. Friday 3-27-15 (Day 44)
    What I thought were male preflowers seem to be leaf growth at the node.  I decided to top each and use that as the clone for each.  I transplanted them into a larger pot (NC2) and began low stress training.  There are six side branches on each that I have tied down.  75 (75.0 plant level) and 34% humidity.

J U A N B O N D 

Attached Files:

19. Saturday 3-28-15 (Day 45)
    No adverse effects from topping and transplanting.  I will continue to look for any changes.  73 (75.9 plant level) and 36% humidity. 

J U A N B O N D 

Attached Files: