White Widow / Fruit Automatic / DWC / LED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SupaAPE, Feb 21, 2015.

1. #1 SupaAPE, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
    Hello GC, been a while wassup all  :ey:   :wave: 

I like to keep my logs extremely short, tidy & simple. 

Day 4 White Widow Clones A. & B.

Clone A is the larger plant on the left, B the other.

Clone A. has been heavily topped past couple of days, i'm also training it.

Edit: This White Widow phenotype grew about 3 times thicker/bigger than another White Widow phenotype from same seed packet. So this White Widow is my current Quielder strain, that i've been cloning  :ey:  :ey:

Edit2: Still waiting on the Fruit Auto beans to pop!

Attached Files:

2. #2 Hydro42O, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
    they look great.

3. #3 SupaAPE, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    Day 9 White Widow 

Still waiting on the Auto beans to pop. They've germinated and I can see the small stem, but they're taking forever to break the rockwool.

Pretty sure i'm going to have to heavily defoliate the WW's in the near future. My plants just grow wayyyyy to compact, way to bushy and wayyyy too leafy. 

Attached Files:

4. #4 SupaAPE, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    Day 12

Big plant has been topped alot, it has also been moderately pruned 

both plants are being trained, tied em down good

Had some PH issues with the Auto beans, silly. Anyways gonna give them a few more days with my fingers crossed.

Attached Files:

5. I decided to try higher than average nutes this round, since I think the plants will be able to use all the extra nutes

6. It's taken faaaaaaaaaaaar too long for these Auto fruit beans to pop. So I'm germing a northern auto blue seed into a rockwool. I'll probably end up germing the last fruit auto bean I have also.

7. Day 16

20150305_163309.jpg 20150305_163236.jpg 20150305_163246.jpg

8. Northern auto light blue has sprouted and has been placed in it's growing chamber

I really hope this last fruit auto bean sprouts, the last 2 just broke the shell and that was it, they showed a small tail then completely stopped growing.

9. #9 SupaAPE, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Day 23 Veg WW clones

Northern light blue is sprouted and she's a growin. Using a lower powered light for early veg. Meanwhile the WW is looking good i'm super excited this time because i'll be vegging the 2 WW for a long time like around 6 weeks using a much better light, so that she can fill out the chamber and res.

edit: i've also been heavily defoliating the larger plant. What I like about this specific phenotype is that it seems to not mind being deleafed. There was a period is slower growrth earlier, but once that passed it didn't really matter if I was plucking off leaves or not, the plant was just growing. I've raised the light now because it has grown high. 

I've been thinking about getting silver and getting seeds from this WW.  

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. #10 SupaAPE, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Day 28 Veg WW Clones

20150317_122853.jpg

11. Day 31 Veg WW Clones
    20150320_113720.jpg
    20150320_113809.jpg

Northern lights auto blue
    20150320_113921.jpg

Kosher kush seedling
    20150320_113926.jpg

12. What kind of nutes are you running? I'm running a similar setup and was thinking of running either flora novabloom or GH micro and bloom ( all using lucas formula ratios) + so coolbloom --> floranectar --> florakleen before harvest and then just water. I'll be taking clones from my NIrvana Crystal Clone and was wondering what nutes worked well for you under LED lighting (lucas doesn't have much for LED lighting ) 

Ladies Look Great BTW [​IMG]

Thanks man [​IMG]

I'm using the basic floraseries 3 part nutes, i'm also using an additional magnesium supplement. These are the only liquid nutes I have experience with so far.

14. #14 SupaAPE, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    Little update on the WW: The larger plant has completely dominated the smaller one. The larger one is growing soo tall, that i'm worried if I don't flip within the next week and a half it's going to reach the top of my cabinet in flower and the buds will pass/press up against the LED.

I remember reading something about clones with the same genetics sharing, and being in harmony so that they can both grow optimally. This is not the case with my plants. The larger one keeps growing at such a pace that I don't think the little one will ever catch up or even reach half the size of the larger

15. #15 SupaAPE, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    IM HGIH AS FUCK RIGHT NOW KIEF MIXED WITH SOME HOMEMADE TRIM HASH FUCK YEEEE  N!GGAH

been sober for 3 weeks

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

16. Little update: I was getting inaccurate PH readings. As of yesterday, I received a new PH meter, which seems to be much more accurate. My PH was way off prior.

As good measure, I also ordered a bluelabs EC meter along with some calibration solution. I don't know whether to trust my current EC meter, because it wasn't expensive and you get what you pay for.

I also realized that I was underfeeding my plants. Looking forward to next week.

17. Day 38 Veg WW Clones, Day 1 Flower : I've flipped to 12/12. Can't/dont want to wait any longer because i'm running out of space for the WW. I'm still shocked at how much I was underfeeding my plants. I was much more concerned over PH than EC. Anyways lesson learned. The plant will still produce good bud, but next time the grow is going to be even better. I'm starting to get the proper hang of it now.

20150328_010016.jpg 20150328_010140.jpg 20150328_010148.jpg 20150328_010207.jpg 20150328_010212.jpg

Kosher kush: The kosher kush will soon start being fed full nutes. It's bare minimum right now becuse I wasn't sure where I wanted to grow it or if i'd have enough space. I made my own propagator tray and will be taking some more clones from the WW. Then once i've done that, i'll be able to fully veg out the KK.
    20150328_013025.jpg

AUTO NL blue: Since I upped the PPM, and since the roots have hit the water solution, this thing is starting to really grow. I'm still unsure of what it will produce. Got hope though.
    20150328_010744.jpg

18. Looking good

19. #19 SupaAPE, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    The WW clones are growing like mad. I swear to god there is a huge difference between yesterday and today. The increased PPM has made a tremendous difference. The plants are consuming soo much nutrient solution, it's like they've been starved the whole time and now they're pigging out. I'm really worried that i'll have to deal with the larger WW plant growing to the top of the cabinet and pressing up into the leds, even more worried about light penetration decreasing.

There is no way in hell i'll be able to grow this plant without scrogging it next grow. 

The kosher kush is growing and looking like a heavy indica.

The Auto NL blue is starting to really grow now, i'm starting to understand the rapid growth potential of autos in such a small time frame.

20. #20 SupaAPE, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    My fears have come true. The larger WW will outgrow the cabinet [​IMG]  

I've defoliated her a little more today, I need all the light penetration I can get cause there's soo many frickin tops [​IMG]  I've noticed, the more I defoliate, the more the smaller tops are able to grow upwards, they are rising to the top of the canopy, it's great.

The smaller WW plant which is to the left (if you can see it [​IMG] ), is starting to grow and looks much more lively then before. This WW phenotype really likes the higher PPM's.

20150330_234434.jpg 20150331_003251.jpg

The auto NL blue is growing good, I think this phenotype leans more towards an indica strain, because it looks like it's going to stay relatively short and stocky.

20150331_003645.jpg 20150331_003656.jpg

Notes: I've installed some Bubble Walls into the NL blue & KosherK's reservoirs. When the WW gets low on solution, I might be able to slip in a bubble wall into the res. So frickin heavy to lift it though. Airstones aren't really working because i've noticed that the roots have literally engulfed the whole airstone and I can't see it nor pull it out.