Do you believe in God, or some other higher power?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Klopy, Feb 20, 2015.

1. No, not at all.

2. Nope...don't believe in the easter bunny, santa, or the tooth fairy either....well, I used to, but then I grew up....

3. I believe in Existence.

God is a misinterpretation.

4. I don't know 4 sure but I would like to think there was something greater than all the assholes that surround me in day to day life.
    [​IMG]

I guess this means god is not around most the time ^

5. Yes, but some of his followers scare the crap out of me.

6. I have felt the presence of a higher being but I have never directly communicated. I am also strongly averse to organized religion so this leaves me in a kind of ambivalent state of belief... I would say I am skeptical but also genuinely curious, maybe leaning a bit more towards the side of belief.

7. No.

But if there is, it's gonna be 10000x cooler than any god made up by humans.

8. As a fellow Christian, I first would obviously like to say; yep! Secondly, I am NOT religious. I am spiritually inclined and desire to have a relationship with God. I get ostracized, mocked, laughed at, and ignored by my faith. But I do not care. It takes experiencing the glory and wonder of Jesus to fully comprehend the love He has for us. I have been through too much, many incidences cannot be coincidental. He protects me and shows he is very real. The beautiful world we live in with all its intricate patterns of life down to the molecule is not something to just shrug off, a higher power had to have created such a marvoulus and phenomenal earth.

9. Nah its a load of bollocks!

10. Yes, I believe God exists. All religions started out worshipping the same God -- the one and only transcendent creator of the universe. However, over time, greed and corruption and politics crept into religious texts and doctrines worldwide and quickly distorted them into what we are left with today.

It's okay, though. God not only is aware of this but fully understands and forgives all those who corrupt and all who are corrupted. No one is spared from the one true God's love and mercy. Believe it!

11. Don't know about a Supreme Diety or divine creation, but I do believe in Karma, doing good things is just a healthier way to live life in general.

12. Yes, I do belied in God. I'm catholic :)

13. Yes, people say hes never shown himself, but for some reason he appears in my bed almost every night!

14. You say you are a Christian then you say you are not Religious. Pretty sure Christianity is a Religion.

If you were spiritually enlightened or even connected you wouldn't pull yourself low enough to give or put yourself into category's or ideology's. like "Christianity" for example since you can say your not religious why not remove Christian aswell?

You are born human not Christian.

Not trying to be rude or anything but people don't think before they say things, I'm trying to give you a greater/deeper understanding.

Similar to people who call themselves Vegans yet they are wearing Using Animal products and clothing.
    Or people that want to become healthier and eat healthier to feel and live better yet they put 500 pounds of makeup full of toxic chemicals on their body a day and think they will actually become healthier.

It goes on and on people need to wake up and turn their flickers on because 2015.. We should be far more advanced by now.
    Especially how we think and what we say.

15. I can claim Christianity and not be religious because that's the way it's suppose to be. To be like Christ, not like other Christians. It's a relationship with God, not a dictatorship to be demanded onto other people. That's what true Christianity is.

I cannot control other people who give Christians a bad name and set a poor example. There is nothing wrong with being spiritual and Christian.

And you are being rude by giving Christianity such a discription, saying "pull yourself low enough". Like I have to be stupid enough to make that decision? Your obviously not thinking before you decide what Christianity really is.

16. #76 432, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    Well i guess i was rude which i apologize for but from my spiritual understanding you're labeling yourself which is in a way pulling lower than spirit because if you had any connection to your spirit/true self you would know more and use higher mind/heart mind to think.

Jesus was not Christan nor was Buddha a Buddhist.

They simply Taught Unconditional Love.

Love & Peace was their Teaching.

Here are some links to give you an idea of Spirituality and the differences:

http://www.the-open-mind.com/7-differences-between...
    http://wakeup-world.com/2014/11/11/are-you-spiritu...
    http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/02/21/spi...

http://thespiritscience.net/2015/08/22/what-does-s...http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/06/03/cos...

You are spirit, Spirituality is our birth right. Religion was made by man. Don't confuse the two.

17. God said not to lean on our own understanding. Do not get caught up in the technicalities of what people choose to "label" themselves. How are you showing an example of unconditional love by causing division? It does not matter if we are all looking up and worshipping the same God! Come together and love one another, gods ultimate commandment for us.

We are a spirit, we have a soul, and we live in a body. I perfectly understand.
    You sir, are caught up, and still caught up in the idea that Christianity somehow is related to religion. The world may identify Christianity that way, but God does not. Don't confuse the two.

18. Lol your over thinkin it my man...religion is just a word that means "the belief in and worship of a god or gods"

You believe in and worship god, that is the exact definition, its that simple...

19. Why does the word "religion" scare the shit out of Christians. It's always the annoying ones too, "i have a relationship not a religion." shut the fuck up.

20. #80 432, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
    I don't worship no one, I respect myself as i know i am god within and god is just a misinterpretation of existence/consciousness itself and ALL that is. We are a part of that "All that is" thus meaning we are no different. Just like the cells in our body and a never ending process.

Of course i am not perfect none of us are, Yes we are made perfect but look at the world around us. Its normal that we don't function in perfect harmony with all the distortions and destruction around a globe.

Mother nature is sick and we need to help her heal by healing ourselves. We are all connected whether you like it or not. It has been proven that our minds/bodies collectively effect the world around us.

One day you will realize you are God itself and the whole time you were looking for something that's already right infront of you, You set this whole life up for yourself to see how well you grow and learn.

Think of yourself as a single cell in a larger body, Everything else will fall into place.

Peace