Do you believe in God, or some other higher power?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Klopy, Feb 20, 2015.

1. No. I used to think I was (because thats the way I was raised) til I was about 10. I just can't buy into it. 
    I do identify myself as an athiest. I know it has negative connotation but I prefer that over non religious or agnostic. I'm okay with people having a religion. but I find if I'm not blunt about being 110% not religious and not interested in finding religion then people invite me to camps for the summer or want me to come to their Sunday service. No thanks.

2. That is called the argument from ignorance, also known as the god of the gaps argument. It's perfectly fine to say that you don't know something. However, to say that you don't know something and therefore it's god is not logical at all. 

3. I asked a question, not sure how you decided to interpret it.

4. Science cant even explain what matter is, muchless where it came from.

5. I'm an atheist. I don't believe in any higher power or supernatural creatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Actually there wasn't "nothing". People tend to misunderstand that. Empty space isn't "nothing". There wasn't matter per se but energy. There was a shit ton of radiation. Energy can convert into matter.

Now where radiation came from is something scientists are unable to answer, but not having an explanation yet doesn't mean there isn't one to be had.

7. #47 ganjaJeff, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    yes

8. Yes, thanks to dreams, mind-expanding unmentionables and psychosis.

Started off atheist, turned agnostic and recently became deist.

Now, I basically cherry pick religions to formulate my own speculative belief system.

9. No I don't believe. I can't believe with all the knowledge of the universe, particle physics, history, nature and biology I already have.

I can't say that God doesn't exist but the Abrahamic God I know doesn't exist.

That God is connected to one or either of the Abrahamic faiths through the books. And those books are extremely flawed. They're illogical, contradictory, superstitious and unscientific.

But I do understand the comfort and warmth religion gives and that's nice.

10. IMO people like to look at god as a old ass man that sits in the clouds and reins with a golden thunder bolt. If you were to stop this thinking, open your mind and look into yourself you'll quickly find out that the realization of god is unfathomable. Our little human brains cannot compute that type of information. (that's what pisses of non believers) WERE NOT ON THAT LEVEL YET. I like to believe that if a human was to see god its fuccin' conscious would collapse upon itself and dissipate. It's funny, we don't even understand ourselves yet we contemplate what created this multiverse.

[​IMG] = The moment i realized religion was a "TOOL" to "FIND" god and not a tool "BY" god. 

O, and god is not a HE, it's an IT. imo of course.

11. I believe 'aliens' put us on this planet.  These 'alien' should be referred to as "god'.

12. Plausible.... Lookin' at the Andromeda galaxy through the Hubble makes this statement very plausible. But if they made us, who in the fucc made them? See where that goes?

13. I believe that there are forces beyond our comprehension in the universe, but i refuse to believe in an omnipresent all-knowing creator such as monotheistic people believe. As far as where life came from, i'm just gonna go with the theory that some primordial ooze hit the cosmic lottery and formed life on pure chance, but that's just as far fetched as anything else imo.

14. Modern science has proved that comets can transport the building blocks of life.  A civilization like ours could take what we know, build a rocket and crash it into an earth-like planet, essentially kick starting life.  If our civilization were to do this you can bet that we would invest a lot into studying it and understanding how life forms and evolution takes place.

15. I grew up Catholic, went to Catechism till I had my first Communion & then life got in the way & didn't get confirmed till I was an adult. Left the church for some time, was absolutely miserable & then came back after a tragedy in my family. I'm now a practicing Catholic, go to church every Sunday. So I have faith & I'm religious. It works for me 😃

16. I believe I AM god because I'm just such a fucking top bloke.

17. Technically yes. I have been a Christian all my life and have always depended on God. But as I have become older, I question is more and more. I have always felt that religion is a play of emotions. When people say they "felt God", I have always felt that feelings are such a mortal thing when it comes to a higher power. So, in order to test this, I have stopped most praying, thinking about God, or reading the Bible. To be honest, I enjoy living with this mindset. I feel more free to be who I want to be. I don't think I am an atheist, but who knows. I just feel like my life is just as good without religion.

18. I believe in almost everything. I don't understand the conflict between God and science. God created the universe. The universe evolved. Whats the problem?

19. The only higher power I believe in is I.

20. I strive to have a relationship, not a religion.
    I believe in God and the teachings of Jesus.

That being said, I try not to judge others and love them whether we have the same beliefs or not. They're still a human being.