My biggest problem with Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Feb 20, 2015.

1. #41 NorseMythology, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Luke 6:29 ... If someone takes
    your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.

Yahweh is clearly not the God Jesus represented... i really dont think they could be more opposite

Yahweh = God of war

Jesus = prince of peace

2. Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you
    are children of the most High.

Sounds similar to what the serpent told Eve.

3. Calm down man. Your took what I said wrong or I didn't clarify enough. Yes we still live under the Ten Commandments but aren't required to follow the old law when dealing with punishments, warfare, slavery etc.

Do you know the bible in and out? Don't judge me for my lack of knowledge. We are all still learning and will never stop. What I know, you may not. Don't cast stones you can't throw man.

4. May i ask why you believe the Bible is the true word of God (assuming you do)?

I was raised a Biblical Christain and being an inquisitive musing person, i challenged my beliefs quite a bit. I listened to/ watched/read copious lectures/articles/debates from the top minds of many worldviews, and eventually had to dismiss the Bible as the true word of God and certainly had to reject the notion that Jesus was a representative of Yahweh. Trying to justify the Bible requires more time than I care to put forth, and it occurred to me, truth need not be so complicated.

5. #45 Nugagerube, Mar 30, 2015
    Well humans have free will on earth to a certain point. This is the fallen world after the original sin. We are here to show our faith to god. If we succeed here then the afterlife in heaven is where everything is perfect. You can thank Eve for how the world is today. Constant toil and hardship for a chance at perfection in the afterlife.

I think if to guys learned about original sin and the unfallen and fallen world it would explain a lot about why the earth and people are so messed up.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #46 Nugagerube, Mar 30, 2015
    Dp

7. #47 cyr-grow, Mar 30, 2015
    I challenge my belief all the time as well and I'll have voices in my head (whether it be mine or something deep within me) going back and forth with each other. Especially when I'm pretty well medicated. I have had many revelations when medicated and a good amount when sober minded also.

I put my faith in the Bible and God because of what I've experienced in this world. I've traveled all over the country and am very blessed to have done so. It opened my eyes to what's really out there and how this world is and can be. How it operates, why people are the way they are, why we do the things we do. It tells me about my adversary and the games he plays and teaches me to be vigilant at all times. There are just so many things that the Bible has helped me with in my journey of life. It's not the only thing I look to for guidance, but it's a very big part of who I am. I always told myself when I was younger I would never believe in this God figure. Now I'm defending God. Another reason why I believe, He has the power to change my heart.

I also don't think that everything we see could happen just by chance. Just look at a open night sky with no light pollution and tell me you're not amazed by it. I can't say that happened due to a Big Bang. There's too much evidence in front of me for me to believe we were created from a pool of ooze. Too many magnificent wonders for me to deny a creator. Laws were put in place for celestial body's, planets, moons, stars, galaxies to stay the way it is, if it weren't so then our whole universe would be chaos.

There are just too many things for me as to why the Bible is the Word of God and Jesus Christ is his son and died for my sins.

Have you ran across a man named Kent Hovind yet and watched his videos?

8. Yes ive watched his lectures and countless debates of his, as well as those of William Lane Craig, Ravi Zacharias, Russell Humphreys, John Baumgardener, Ken Ham, Michael Ramsden, Barry Setterfield and the list goes on.

I wouldnt advocate Hovind other than the benefit of exposing the flawed methods and assumptions scientists use.

I do find an infinite 'being' (for lack of a better term) is the only explanation i can logically justify. Starting from that premise and deducing, i came to realize Yahweh could not possibly be the god that Jesus claimed to represent, in fact they seem almost completely opposite.

Using Jesus as a model i find to be a good thing, however using the Bible as gods word is frightening.

When you are told things like "thou shalt not murder" or "turn the other cheek" or "blessed are the peacemakers" you are lead to believe in pacifism and at most nonviolent revolutions. But when you are also told it is perfectly fine to kill others 'as long as god says its ok' then you have a moral contradiction. If i killed someone close to you and said 'god told me to' would you say 'oh okay well that sucks but i guess its okay'? If you have a voice in your head that tells you to kill someone, shouldnt you automatically assume its a dark force, or would you think it was god?

I still didnt really see any reason to suggest the Bible is the true word of God, so ill bring you back to that question. Your personal experience of the divine nature doesnt therefore mean the Bible is the true word of that divine entity. If you can have immediate meaningful experiences of God, you dont need a book to tell you anything. Also consider that men have written, editted and translated the Bible, entire books were left out because they didnt meet mans criteria for what the word of god should be. Of course the Bible says his word will be preserved, but this raises two problems. One, that the Bible is actually his 'word' and two, that man didnt inject that statement into the book.

Jesus was a living demonstration that there need be no intermediary between us and God, that we can have a direct connection to the divine.

9. If you were to kill someone close to me and you had justifiable evidence showing they did what you claim they did and if the punishment calls for death, then yes, I would not stop you. If I know that person is a believer in Christ, I will see them in heaven. The spirit can not be destroyed. Which is what I believe we are under this shell of a body. And yes, you should automatically believe that voice in your head to be dark if you have no enemy's and find yourself to be a sane person.

The part about if the voices told you so.... We are suppose to test the spirit to see if it's of God.

I completely agree with you on the fact that my experiences don't make the Bible 100% fact and truth to others. I'm just saying it's what makes me believe there is a divine creator and the Bible to be of the Word of God.

I can't say as to why books were left out, but I have my speculations. I try only going by the kjv translation. Man also has an issue of controlling his pride and ego while being in power or having a little power at his fingertips. That shit goes to our head more then anything. Especially if it has to do with history.

Dude you are all carnal, you can't understand the Holy Spirit by deducing from science or whatever. How many times did Jesus reference the Old Testament prophets who spoke of god?! Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever and was revieled as the Son of God referenced by in the old testament. The old testament dedicated to the true god, the god of aaron, isaac, and jacob.

11. #52 cyr-grow, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Word. Quote next time then. Cool it with the name calling brother. You'll probably get hit with that. I just did. (Not very Christian like calling people names) Norse is actually respectable. He is actually debating (in another post) rather then just laughing and not backing himself of his belief.

I completely agree with everything your saying. You can plant seeds. But if a seed is already planted, you water it. There's no rocks in the way, only shades blocking the true light from getting to the seed/plant. Atheist/evolutionist know the Bible very well, but who's to say we don't know our enemy like they know their enemy? Goes both ways on that one.

12. Because i dont buy the yahweh religion im an atheist? You couldnt be more wrong my friend.

And ty cyr, i do try to be respectful even when the other person is not (up to a point).

13. My break is over ill reply to your other reply later :)

14. I can understand spiritual experiences leading you to believe in the divine, but just because youve learned of the divine from the Bible doesnt necessarily mean everything the Bible says about God is accurate nor does it mean its the word of God. Suppose Jesus had true insight into Gods nature, that doesnt mean the Bible is the word of God.

I encourage you, check out William Lane Craig if you want some philosophy/reasons behind your belief.

15. Will do. Thanks for the little debate.

16. Let me add one more thing.

Dont force your mind to hold something as absolutely true. Hold your beliefs, your brain needs them as your computer needs an operating system. But, if there is even a slight chance what you believe could be wrong, but you have your mind made up that it cannot be wrong, then your whole life will operating on a framework that is not true. Look for the best explanation for the moment but be open to more accurate truths.

17. My thing is I haven't seen any evidence showing me there is a god, and I don't follow things blindly because I feel as if that is unwise. That being said quoting the bible isn't really proof because I can quote Harry Potter and it doesn't make it true. I'm not trashing Christianity I was just saying my part.

Sent from the traphouse

From the Book of 1 Timothy Chapter 2, verses 11-14:

<sup>11 </sup>Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
    <sup>12 </sup>But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
    <sup>13 </sup>For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
    <sup>14 </sup>And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Christianity is a religion. Religion: from Latin "Religare": to bind, obligate. Religion was invented by small men in order to subjugate other men, women, children, and animals. In fact, I would go one step further as to say that religion is simply the human assertion of planetary dominance. And I don't buy it.

All religion is based on explaining this Universe. All religions claim that you as an Ego are precious, and that you as an Ego will go to another world after this one. Egos do not exist in the physical world. They are akin to lines of Longitude and Latitude: imaginary lines drawn on the physical world for purposes of measuring and discussing its behavior.

I am really sick of the hold religion has on this world. We could be so much more advanced if it weren't for people taking mythology literally.

19. #60 EsNero, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    God showed us prove thousend's of year's ago, did we believe? ( some did, but for a short time). He want's us to believe/have faith without the prove, that way it's more real/truth. As for the prove, if you start doing god's will and when your faith in him start's to grow, you will see all the prove you ever need.

Jesus (meatsuit) / Christ (soul) warned us to stay away from priests/church/religion's and not be deceived by them.
    Matthew 23, acts 5:29, Rev 17.

Who say's god didn't talk to he's people back then? If you lack faith, the holy spirit will be weak and he can't even talk to you. Beside's that, you have to be willing to see/hear.