[PC GROW] Blue mystic autoflower 125W CFL LST

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by max17, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Enjoy. I think she has more than 2 weeks left but that scopr will help you a TON.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Id get atleast 60x magnification scope or something plenty to see trichomes and I think every pest above soil that can affect your plant!

Well i have already ordered a 45x so i'll have to manage with that. What pests are you talking about ?

4. 45x will do great for trichomes and a great % of bugs im pretty sure but some pest like broad mites need 60x to ever see iirc. There are many kinds of other bugs though like aphids, white flys, thrips, fungus gnats, or even lice. A lot more than I can remember many you can see with naked eye but some you can not.

Oh, ok. I didn't realize bugs could be so small ^^ So i still haven't received my scope, if it isn't here by the end of the week i'll pick one up at my local grow shop.

Anyway, Update !! Day 51

Here are two pictures of the stems, i thought they looked cool because of LST :

IMAG0739.jpg   IMAG0740.jpg

An overall view :

IMAG0738.jpg

And sum nug shots !

IMAG0742.jpg   IMAG0743.jpg   IMAG0744.jpg   IMAG0745.jpg

6. Getting frosty buddy! Yes them little bugs can be a big pest sometimes to if you see webs on you plants check everywhere for mites if you see specks that's come and go check everywhere!!

7. #27 max17, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    So today is day 55.

I finally recieved my scope, and it's a good thing it didn't get here any later. It seems to me like there is a good amount of amber trichomes so i'm thinking of harvesting soon.

While looking at the trichs here is what i  noticed :
    On the buds themselves there is not very many ambers, about 5% amber 85% milky and 10% clear. 
    On the "sugar leaves" there are many more amber trichs, about 30-40% amber and 60-70% milky

I flushed the plants for the first time today with 2.5 liters of water. I will try to water them at least once more before i harvest, i am thinking of harvesting early next week.

What do you guys think ? Should i hold off the harvest for a bit ? Should i flush them more?

8. That's is a hard question to answer and why I say that is because everyone is different some will say calyx some will says leaves closest to buds I say take every part into consideration look on the biggest buds and get an average. But sounds like its good to go to me harvest as soon as you want but don't wait to long,

9. Ok, i think i'll look at the buds beacause i think the plants still have a little bit to go. Some of the pistils are still white and healthy. I'll wait till i get about 15% amber on the calyx's, that way i can flush them a little more too.

10. On another note I might just be going this route with harvesting ill examine each bud as it own and harvest in segments to ensure the best possible ratio I can get. I do have link to the topics ive read about this but just research it might be better for you or not.

11. Looks super sick... came in a bit late buy im exited to hear the dr wight of your yeild

12. #32 max17, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015

That is a good idea since some buds are more developed than others (not exposed to light). But i can't do this since i'll have to dry in my PC case all at once.

Thanks, I think yield won't be great but still ok for a PC grow :)

So, i think the biggest buds are just about as ripe as I want them. I'm going to go ahead to cut the plants down tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. That will be Day 60 or 61.

I'm thinking of doing a quick emergency flush, just because they got less than a week flush and if it makes it taste better then why not :) So i'll cut them down tomorrow and stick them in the dark, stems in water, for 24hrs.

That will mean i'll dry them starting Friday. Planning on a dry trim, so i'll just hang the whole plants upside-down. I'm hoping this will slow down the dry process and start the cure.

13. Oh, and the smell is already pretty strong right now but does it get stronger during the drying ??

14. I don't think the smell gets worse during the drying. It goes by in stages of smell if you dry it to fast it could end up not smelling good but just like hay. But the smell will transition from smell to smell might start out as a little hayish smell then transition to piney/ citrusy smell but once all the moisture Is out it should return to the dank smell and by then it will be contained to and wont smell it til you crack your jar. Sorry for the crap typing and all in a rush o/ 

15. #35 max17, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015

Alright thanks, that's good news.

Update, Day 60 from sprout

So i chopped the plants down today and started the emergency flush. Here are some pics, i apologize for crappy quality, auto-focus was turned off...

Here is plant one, chopped :
    IMAG0771.jpg

And plant 2, still in soil :
    IMAG0772.jpg

Here they are in the dark, in pure water :
    IMAG0775.jpg  

I used cold water (fridge temp), some say it helps resin production so i decided to try. I'm changing the water every 6hrs.

Here is what the root system looked like : 
    IMAG0782.jpg

And this pic is to illustrate the piece of plexi-glass i used to seperate my container into 2 :
    IMAG0780.jpg

I am almost at the finish lie and am quite happy but i don't think yield will be great, they feel light. If i can pull about 10-15g off them i'll be happy.

I'll keep you posted ;)

16. :yay: Congratz on your harvest now to get some trimmed pictures and wet weight! What do you do with your trim?

17. #37 max17, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015

I think I'll make coconut infused oil with my trim. Or maybe i'll just dry sift and make hash if i'm lazy.

I had to relocate my PC today, smell was intense and i was getting paranoid (with good reason). The plants will be left to dry by themselves in a discrete location until Monday, at which point they will hopefully be dry and i'll trim them.

Photos and final weight to come. No wet weight sorry, i'll post dry weight for sure ;)

18. Well hopefully all that paranoia goes away! I was asking about the trim to get ideals to do with mine since ive never messed with it before.

19. Yeah, i'm not sure what to do with my trom yet either. Once it's dry i'll just freeze it until i figure out what to do. I would love to try to make edibles but i tried a few firecrackers before and they didn t work so i'm hesitant...

Update tonight after i trim. Hopefully the plants will be dry enough to start curing

20. Well i did it !!

Trimmed both plant today, here is a picture of the work space with final product :

IMAG0788.jpg

Here are some nug shots :

IMAG0796.jpg   IMAG0791.jpg   IMAG0792.jpg
    IMAG0793.jpg   IMAG0794.jpg

And here is final weigh in :

IMAG0786.jpg and  IMAG0787.jpg

Final weight is : 14.6g +14.8g - 2*3.7g(cup weight) =  22g dry bud !! 

I am very happy with my yield. I haven't weighed my trim yet, i'll try to do taht