Verdict on a SG piece nowadays?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by PotentSponge, Feb 20, 2015.

1. So after typing the whole thing out I realized I accident wrote a paper. So the tl;dr is refer to the title.

I've been spending the past couple months trudging through the Internet in an attempt to find as close to the perfect piece as I can. I don't like things that aren't highly functional, and because money is always tight; I put serious consideration before pulling the trigger.

I was looking into getting a Sovereignty piece after the near fanatical following I'd read about on here and a few other forums. But after a few hundred pages (literally) I started seeing things like the glass blower Steve is a bit of an ass and that the quality control of his pieces isn't what it once was.

There was also more disturbing things like his production line such as the king stem and G-line being basically outsourced to migrant/illegal workers but I tend to take such info with a grain of salt. But I have to believe that such accusations have more basis then people just being haters.

While the dream piece would be an Og hollow foot Peyote Pillar, (it was love at first sight) what I'm looking at was the 60mm G-line to Imperial bent or natty neck, or a 75mm up perc with bent neck. I dig the can to bent look over the Kings.

I was hoping the more knowledgable members of this community and current Sovereignty owners could shed some light on the current state of affairs for Sov before I drop any money on one.

As a side note, I expect the, "go to some head shops in the area and check out some pieces to make the judgement call from their" posts. So to explain that it's because I live in South Texas where finding something like even a Sov or mobius is next to impossible. Everything is basically Grav labs, Chinese pipes or headies.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 IzZ Tip C, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    I've been out of the game for a few years and I recently jumped back in with a shorty 4 arm pillar and I can say that SG is still as good as it was when I first got into the scene
    edit: have a milkshot
    [​IMG]

3. As a owner of a new straight neck hollowfoot pp, I can say without a doubt the quality was astounding. The function, thickness of glass, quality of glass was superb. I can only speak from my experience but I doubt you will have an issue.

4. I have a stem8 and hands down the best flower piece i've owned. I alter through pieces when i smoke, but whenever i get back to my SG stem8 I remember why it's praised so highly. I also dropped $1k just the other day to purchase a SG triple bore stem8 so that should say how the quality control is at SG.

5. My buddies have a few sovereignty, but they are at least 5 or 6 years old, but they are fantastic.
    I don't have any yet, i want some, but mobius IMO has a better draw and less drag. Personal thing though, sovereignty is still a badass piece of glass.

6. I have a 75mm g-line, a bent neck 60mm g-line to imperial, and the Stem8. I can't say anything about the state of affairs at SG. But I can say they make some incredibly nice glass.

7. i have never owned, yet hit many sg pieces and aside from internal shit goings ons in the company, just like any other company may have some issues, i still see the old school hollow foot peyote pillar as one of the top 3 flower pieces ive hit and hope to own one asap...jhst my opinion of course. sg puts out amazing design and functionslity, props to them.

8. #8 Lazyboy808, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015

what exactly did steve do to piss people off? i saw people complaining about him on other forums before but i never really got the chance to read through the threads.

9. SG all day

Attached Files:

10. I really dig those natty necks. Spending over 700 is just a little too much outta my price range these days. 500 is about my absolute limit, which was why I was thinking going with the G-line or trying to hunt down a Mobius 65t stemless stereo matrix.

11. SG is just really quality.. if you can afford it then go for it. Business world if fucked but ive had mine for a whileeeee and it's still the bee's knees.

[​IMG]

12. Beautiful pieces like those make me keep telling myself, "Just throw a little extra into savings every paycheck. In a few months you could have a even nicer piece!" But then I'll just keep infinitely saving money and never buy anything hahaha. Did the same thing with my computer.

13. #13 Lazyboy808, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    New stuff came in today.

shits side ways again, bend yo neck fool!

IMG_9633.JPG
    IMG_9632.JPG
    IMG_9631.JPG
    IMG_9630.JPG

14. That glass is so frosty, dayum that's hella good looking. Congrats man

15. I had a 50x5 upgrid stemline about 2 years ago and it was perfect. I figured i could beat an intruder to death with it and still use it :laughing: . I will own one again.