First time 20 dollar grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by whereTFamI, Feb 20, 2015.

1. It's not a 300w equivalent is it? Cuz in that case I believe it would only be 64 true watts...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #22 whereTFamI, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424465670.672687.jpg
    Sylvania 250w infrared heat lamp probably 9 inches from the plants with a good fan on them aswell

yeah, but its about lumens, my led is only 368 watts and it replaces my 1000 watt hps....its about efficiency, lumens, and PAR. 

4. Ah gotcha im just a newbie grower.. But hey that's why I asked! I just ordered a led ufo yesterday hopefully it does me good!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. what brand was it? The led's are a bit pricey, guess it has gone past a 20 dollar grow! good to ask, LED tech has come quite a ways anyways. Im a fan of the platinumLED, the p600 is awesome they are some of the most solid and tuned sets. you should check em out, I just got the new version that has the grey housing and the thing is a beast!  

http://platinumgrowlights.com/products#

6. I think it's just a ebay special. 90x3w diodes 2 year warranty 78$ over 900 5 star ratings and I talked to a guy using 2 of them so I figured I'd give it a try

My journal:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1356425-Newbie-grow-journal%2E

7. Read and researched more and I went ahead and threw the cfls back on. The heat lamp is a bad idea to grow with I guess because all it does is provide heat, if that makes sense or you know exactly why feel free to correct me

8. I didnt think they were a good idea heard a lot of people say not to use heat lamps because they get way to hot.

9. Moved entire setup into a "box". Stupidly knocked the plants over but they seem ok, will post pictures later

10. C[attachment=1701187:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424557447.563584.jpg

Very nice growth and looking healthy, should I get fertilizers ?

Attached Files:

11. Really happy with the progress so far, it seems cfl is the way to go for me. Will change to 2700k for flowering.

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424750509.929482.jpg

Transplanted today, lets see if they're still alive tomorrow..

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424894473.511430.jpg

Alive and well. Watering about twice a day

14. Water less. Once a day real wet and then wait till they are good and dry.
    Lookin good.

More Light.. And keep them close.Cant have too many cfl's.

15. Thanks I will try that out, I have 2 lights like 2 inches from the plants

16. They look great. Your off on a good foot. 

17. Been a few weeks since I checked this out - coming along and looking good. Subbing up.

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425680263.959584.jpg

Coming alone nicely, day after its transplant. Other plant seems to be dieing to nute burn because of my soil.