Cheeseds Cheese Tent

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Cheesed, Feb 19, 2015.

1. I've been tossing around the idea of starting a worm bin. The idea is starting to look better and better.

Those things are MONSTERS.

2. #42 sb420abc, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

BOO! lol, yeah the california sun and tga supersoil, it's the shit! This is one of the buds from the first plant in the video.

[​IMG]

3. 2 years ago when I was growing I made a soil with information based on ITG's thread here and it was the best grow ever. Indoor and out. Pricey to do but it was worth every penny.

4. I'm waiting on the mail carrier to come through now. There is still 3 ingredients for my tea that need to be delivered. 2 of which will be here shortly, but I'm not sure about the rock phosphate since the company it was purchased from had some sort of shipping mishap and my tracking information is not available.

I have seen some new growth but they are still looking on the rough side. I'm starting to think there is no nitrogen at all in my soil, so getting this tea in there is at the top of my priority list. Hopefully the rock phosphate comes in with the other 2 so I can get it brewing. I'll post another update about a week after I give them the tea.

Attached Files:

5. No pics today, but after giving the tea in both foliar and drench form not much has changed. Now I'm thinking the soil pH is all fucked up. Gonna run tests tonight to determine that for sure. If that's the issue I'll do what I have to to remedy the situation. If not, my next step is a heavy compost top dress and water with Nitron A-35. After that, a super strong tea. After THAT, probably starting over will be best. I'll have to do a mixed genetic screen. Really hoping it doesn't come down to that.

6. Tested today for any potential pH issues and found none. Didn't have the money for a digital tester so I used vinegar and baking soda. No reaction occurred, so there's no imbalance in the soil. My next best guess is the mix that I chose had a serious lack of compost or humus. I just did a top dress with EWC and some coast of Maine potting mix that has compost and seaweed added then watered with distilled water. I'll give it some time to see if there are any improvements. The nitron and more tea materials should be here tomorrow with any luck. That's the next course of action.

7. What is this vinegar and baking soda test you speak of? Never heard of that.

8. Legend has it you can take soil samples, make a slurry, then add vinegar to one and baking soda to another. A reaction in either is said to indicate an imbalance in pH either high or low. No reaction is supposedly a neutral soil. I did use this test, then immediately went and bought a soil pH meter and it confirmed the result from that experiment.

9. Cool idea man, very macgyver-like. Any updates?

10. You bet. I had to resign to using the bottles for this one. Not my ideal scenario but whatever saves them and gets this done so I can build a proper soil and go again. Stopped in to my local hydro shop and had a chat with the guys. They gave me some pretty solid advice and I have since taken said advice and seem to be on the road to recovery.

I picked up some Carbo blast and rapid root to use in conjunction with the biothrive grow solution. They're a lot more perky than they've ever been so far. Just did the feeding 2 days ago so another few days will tell me how much it helped.

Attached Files:

11. Glad to see you've got them recovering, that one on the left is coming along nicely. If you brew up any teas I'd be interested in what you used, about to get one started myself.

Cheers bro!! :smoke:

12. I have the makings for a new tea coming right now actually. I'll take stock of what is going to be used and let you know for sure! Thanks for keeping up bro.

13. I disagree with your bag/bottle comment.

14. That's fine brother! If you care to elaborate why, you can post on my thread rather than cluttering this one up!

Take care

15. Because there a ton of bottle organic foods.
    Dr.Earth Flower Girl
    Fox Farm Big Bloom and the other twenty they make.
    Neptunes Harvest Seaweed
    This list goes on.
    I think you are not differentiating between soil additives and soil amendments.
    Amendments would be usually in a solid form.

Hope this helps.

16. Rebound Update!

I've been checking up regularly and making sure they have enough water, as well as doing regular feedings. Needless to say they are thanking me for the first time since seed. I just fed them before these pics were taken as well as top dressed with the coast of Maine mix to fill in some low spots and avoid the top layer from drying out too quickly. Next watering is going to be a tea I'm just not sure what I'd like to use yet.

Attached Files:

17. I'll bet they really start to take off now. Congrats on successfully nursing them back, that's some amazing recovery. Doesn't even look like there's anything wrong with them.

18. No joke brother. I had all but written them off completely and now this transformation. Further proof that cannabis is the most hardy plant around. I topped the largest one in the photos because I don't want it getting too big for when I replace my screen. Also hoping the topping slows it down so the others can catch up to it a bit.

19. well done on the save!

20. #60 Cheesed, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    Thanks for the kind words folks.

I decided to make the next watering be a tea. Did I mention that? I bought a pre-made tea bag from arbico organics. Ideally you make your own but I want to see what the hype is about with this stuff. My water is a bit colder than I'd like so I'm brewing it for 48 hours to let it come to room temperature(ish). I also augmented the tea with some molasses. I do have a question though...

Should I pH the tea or feed them as is? My water is naturally 7.0-7.5 range when dechlorinated. I haven't tested to see if it has changed with brewing.