Father John Misty

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by modestMOOSE, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Any Father John fans on here? Just picked up his new record I Love You, Honeybear and its damn good. A little bit of a downer but a great listen. Favorite tracks so far are probably the title track, chateau lobby #4, and the night josh tillman came to dinner. Anyone else pick it up yet?

2. #2 forty winks, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  3. Cool, thanks for the link man. He's pretty odd and out there but he makes some good tunes. I've heard he's awesome live but I've never been able to catch him.

4. Yes I Love You, Honeybear is a phenomenal album with exceptional song writing.   I actually really loved Fear Fun but I think this new one is even better.  Gonna be a strong album of the year contender for sure.

5. Not really into this type of music but this album is great for the mornings. Puts me in a good mood.

6. Love the album in your profile pic ^  That track with Kendrick Lamar is beyond awesome.

7. Man I can't stop listening to the new album, so fucking good.  Love this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2dAu6yYOjk

8. Yes, 'Never Catch Me' is brilliant!
    The album as a whole is great but 'Los Angeles' is Flying Lotus' Best album in my opinion.
    The album cover is a masterpiece though ha.

9. Yeah for sure, im kinda pissed the vinyl I got is a little warped. It doesn't skip but you can definitely tell. My cousin is gonna see him in Asheville in march so he's pretty stoked. Haha idk why but my girlfriend can't stand FJM, she thinks he just seems like a whiny bitch and that his songs are boring but idk I definitely dont agree with that.