Teach me how to grind

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by J&A, Feb 19, 2015.

1. I don't normally grind when I use a bowl or bubbler, but I'm thinking about getting a vaporizer, and maybe other methods like joints. What is the best grinder on the market? I'm not too worried about price, just want good quality. I've always heard good things about Space Case, now I'm hearing a bit about Santa Cruz Shredder. One of my friends said he really liked his Chromium Crusher. If you have any tips on grinding or tutorials, that'd be great, too. Do you save the kief, or use it right away?

2. those are all fine, using them is self explanatory. you want a grinder with a finer grain than those for a vaporizer though. if you buy a nice vape they usually are included in the package, else you will need to buy one.

3. Go for a 4 piece grinder.  I bought mine for about $35.  Same size shedder was closer to $80.

As for tips there isn't much to tell.  Load up a few nugs, grind them, gently shake side to side to get more keif.  Clean screen semi regularly for optimal keif collecting.  My keif goes into a baby food jar and saved for concentrates or edibles.
    View attachment 142271
    View attachment 142270

4. Ok, so if I have to get one separately, what should I look for? A couple people told me grinding upside down will give you a finer grain good enough for vaping.

Sorry for the noob questioning, but what are the differences between a grinder and shredder? Just took a look at a Space Case, and the 4 piece large titanium is $100, but called a grinder.

5. #5 FatherGanja, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    There is no difference, I believe what he is referring to is a different brand(?). All of the grinders you originally said are great and any of those in the 4 piece form factor (the most popular one) should work amazing.
    Also unless using a magic flight just grinding it regularly should be fine

6. dont spend 100 dollars on a grinder dude, buy a sharpstone for 20 bucks, its the same quality as any other. and yea you can just keep ur grinder upside down for a finer grain, that works too

7. What does holding it upside down do? Just more time to grind before it falls through? 

8. If I wanted to get a 4 pc. large Space Case, which one should I get? Is the titanium one an upgrade over the original aluminum? Looks like they've got a few different kinds. Also not sure what the pollen press is for. 

9. Pollen press is a tool that you put you keif in, twist and it will compress your keif into pucks.  Doesn't seem that useful to me.

Maybe look into a mflb finishing grinder.  Is specifically made for grinding herb fine for vaping usage.

10. KiefKush check it out all the grinders are affordable. They also have it on eBay and they give 10% of the final purchase to a charity.
    Www.KiefKush.com
    Ebay
    I bought mine and I love it because it goes to a good cause and it is a great grinder

63mm for $29.00

Grind the Kush collect the Kief

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #11 CanadianOrganic, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Get an electric grinder. Not a coffee grinder, those suck balls. Buy one from a headshop. I have a green one called the "Herb Grinder" with a pot leaf above the name. It was $40.
    I bought a used one from my buddy three years ago for 3 grams, worked as good the day the motor died as when I bought my new one. So, had to get another one.
    If you're looking for a fine grind for a vape, electric is what ya' want. With grinders they can't break it down any smaller than he spaces between teeth.