The Best Glass for Vapor That Ive Ever Used.....

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lwien, Feb 19, 2015.

1. #61 Mr Horsepower, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    Not to derail this little confrontation, but I have to put my two cents in here. A LOT of snap on tools are EZ red, Mac, Matco, save phace, etc. witch a snap on logo on it with 3 times the price. Some things from snap on are high quality and some things are not it's all about the types of tools you can acquire the easiest and get warrantied the easiest. Some of snap on tools are not even able to be warrantied at all on top of the astronomical price. For all I care I see no shame in buying Sears brand as there is no turnaround time when exchanging your tools for a warranty whereas snap on you have to wait 1, 2 maybe 3 weeks just to get a tool back you use on the daily. End rant...for now XD

2. #62 walterbishop, Mar 2, 2015

So you're saying that knock off vapes can have inferior materials, and unsafe manufacturing standards?

So the same exact argument I've made against Chinese glass?

How exactly do you know the make up of the glass in your D020-D?

edit:

This is the perc of my personal D020-D

[​IMG]

See the bottom slits, how some of them are virtually a pin hole? Yes at least 3 are pretty much pin holes, and about 7 are half slits. None of the slits are flame polished.

If you think I couldn't tell the difference between the genuine article, and this knock off that chugs like am MF'r due to the terrible slits, you're kidding yourself. they would hit very different.

This piece is good for one thing. Making sure I don't break any of my expensive glass due to my E-nano being perched on top.

You dodged the fundamental point of the question, but OK.

Health concerns aside, a very simple glass bong with a simple single opening down stem will get you just as high as the matrix pillar you're so happily waiting on.

Why bother? Why use the pillar?

You made the point that the genuine article will not get you higher than a knock off. My point is that it goes beyond just getting higher. More factors than just ,"it wont get you 10x higher," make the pricing worth it.

Why do you prefer complex designs to a simple bong. Neither will get you higher...

Because it's cool. Pillar percs look awesome when being hit. By no means is it awesome enough to warrant $700-1100 for one tho.
    If these pieces weren't so cheap, I wouldn't even look into more than one because that's all you need. Anything else is just for fun, and not the kind of fun that is worth paying a few hundred dollars for either. Just to have something cool to look at while you vape.  

Different pieces do provide different levels of diffusion, but not as sensitively as people think. Of course there is a difference between a piece with a single showerhead perc, and a piece with three fritted disks, in terms of flavor, but those are extreme ends of the spectrum. Most pieces are indistinguishable from their close "relatives", aside from looks.

4. #64 lwien, Mar 2, 2015

As long as I keep the water level no higher than the top of the perk, my D020-D has absolutely no chug whatsoever............absolutely none.

They don't just look awesome, they are unlike anything else out there. When used for combustion, they smooth out the hit so much. It's unreal actually.

Vapor is a different universe, there is no need for complex percs at all, in fact I find them to be flavor robbing. The vapor is so much cooler than smoke, that many of the benefits you get from a piece like the peyote pillar are lost on really vapor.

Which is one reason I think you strict vaporists don't get it.

Do you combust at all? Have you ever hit a genuine peyote pillar. And not with vapor, I mean have you ever combusted with one?

if you have, you know I'm talking facts regarding the hit. It's very unique.

Mine chugs. Sorry. I just showed you completely unfinished slits on mine. Are you going to claim what I just showed you isn't real?

The quality is just so.....meh.

6. #66 lwien, Mar 2, 2015

I'm not saying that yours doesn't chug, nor am I saying that what you showed me isn't real.   All I can do is relay to you my experiences with mine, but when one considers the low price on these, variables from piece to piece, I think, should be expected, eh?

Like I said before, if I was combusting through these pieces than perc tolerances would become pretty important but since I only vaporize, these issues become much less of a factor.

7. #67 Steams71, Mar 2, 2015
    @Walterbishop

I didn't mean to imply that nobody can justify that price, I was only saying that I personally can't.  I don't use one enough to be worth my while.

Also, I was abit stoned last night so missed off the point I was trying to make about the snap on v ebay cheapo one.  I meant to say that if you only need the tool for a quick job, you wouldn't buy the snap on.

I don't doubt that American Glass is very good, and nobody is saying any different.  It's just a cheaper option for me.