The Best Glass for Vapor That Ive Ever Used.....

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lwien, Feb 19, 2015.

1. #21 lwien, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015

Sunshinestore.    I heard that they had the best quality control of any of the other sellers as well as prompt delivery.    I was not disappointed.

This bubbler that I refer to above is a Mobius Ion Matrix knock-off (same perc but a bit smaller) but man, they did a REALLY good job on it.

Another tip in regards to using this bubbler.    It comes shipped with an 18mm M2M adapter.   I strongly suggest that anyone using this bubbler also order a few Extreme Q basket screens or a few Cloud ELB's.    They fit perfectly into the M2M adapter and with my LSV, not only do I get a much more even burn (vape) across the ABV, but there no stirring required between hits.    It's my new favorite set-up.

2. Just put my order in for two D020s and a knock off pinnacle water tool from them. It cost me a staggering 80 bucks...

3. #23 lwien, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015

The D020 is smaller than the D020-D.    Just want to make sure that you know that.

4. I forgot to put the extra D on the end I did get two of the D020-D's. Have you heard anything about their pinnacle knock off hydra tube? For 20 bucks I couldn't pass it up

Ahhh, good.   Nope, haven't heard anything about the hydra tubes.

6. #26 Everythingshazy, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    The D020 series is definitely a favorite amongst a lot of vapor-bong users.
    I prefer the gb-186 from Yingmin5 tho (super fast shipping, and proven to relpace goods if they arrive broken, which is always a risk no matter who you order glass from, if it is getting sent through the postal service), and the soon to be released Matrix Pillar I helped Stevenlmz79 create.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The water level is too high, but you can get the basic idea of how it functions. The piece in the video also has a different neck on it which was the result of a whole fiasco over at fc. Don't worry though, the one in the above picture is going to be produced, and made available in March.
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emydRemWN4k[/media]

7. Be sure to post here when that piece comes out. I'd definitely like to pick one of those up. Any idea on pricing yet?

8. #28 Everythingshazy, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
    Will do. It's most likely going to be $69 as of right now. Free shipping.

The closest thing is a peyote pillar which is over 10x the price lol. The glass market markup is such a scam.

9. How long did it take for sunshine store to ship your product? I'm getting seriously anxious waiting even though it's all the way from China haha.

10. I received mine in 8 business days but don't pay any attention to the tracking.     I received mine while the tracking said that it was still in China.   :confused_2:

11. #31 Everythingshazy, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
    With dhgate, and other china vendors, you have to be willing to wait a solid month for some things to arrive. Some will arrive in just overa week, some over a month, depending on when and how they are shipped. It's just one of the downsides to being able to get close replicas of several hundred dollar glass, for $30-80 shipped.

Yea, chinese postal tracking is really only good for telling when the item got shipped, and possibly when it arrives in the states. Usually, only the first.

12. I was told that it might be into April before mine arrives in the UK.  Saying that though, someone got one delivered to London within 6 days of ordering.  Just have to have a bit of patience as it seems it can arrive at any time...lol

13. The Chinese New Year will definitely have an effect on delivery times if you recently made a purchase.

I disagree 100%.

I've owned a good amount of American made glass, Toro, Sov, Goldstein, etc. etc... the quality is so much better than Chinese glass it' a joke.

The Chinese can make things that look correct, and function OK. But that's as far as it goes. Imperfections stuck in the glass, bubbles in the glass, hazy glass, wobbly joints, lack of flame polishing, improper annealing,...the list goes on and on.

You pay for quality because it is quality. You will not get a wobbly non air tight joint when you purchase a genuine Toro or Mobious.

I'm not saying Chinese glass isn't worth it for the price. But it's a bit silly to say American glass pricing is a sham when the Chinese can't even come close to truly replicating the finer points that make it cost us so dearly.

Have you taken a close look at the glass coming out of the Sunshinestore at DHGate?

I own a D020-D from Sunshine. It has a wobbly not air tight ground joint. Bubbles, rough spots, hazy glass by the joints, crooked perc... need I go on?

Like I said, for the price it's perfectly fine. It functions (though only the slits on the back of the perc fire until pull hard due to it's crookedness)

My problem is not with Chinese glass at all. It absolutely has a purpose and place in the world.

My problem is with stating that American glass pricing is a sham, when it's really not. Quality for quality it is 10 times better, which is in line with costing 10 times more.

All that said, I'm much happier perching my Nano on a $34. bubbler than on my $300. bubbler. Less anxiety involved.

I don't have any of that on mine but I guess this lack of consistency could also be considered a downside.

18. #38 walterbishop, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015

Don't get me wrong, I dig my D020-D, it does what it's supposed to do. And the pricing is awesome.

I even named it, "Big Wing Wah," after my fave Chinese take out.

But speaking strictly about build quality vs. American made glass, it's not there by a long shot. And that may or may not be important to a person.

For what I'm using it for, which is with a GonG and E-Nano, it's perfect.

19. #39 Everythingshazy, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    The thing is, glass works the same regardless if it is perfect or not. So a very close knockoff for a tenth of the price is awesome.
    Seeing how $80 can get us something so close to a peyote pillar, in this matrix pillar, or how $65 can get a great stereo matrix knockoff, that will both provide vapor that is the same as out of the authentic American originals, shows that another $50-100 for better quality control is all that's necessary.

Glass does not work the same regardless of it being perfect or not.

Just because a piece functions adequately, does not mean it functions the, "same," as the piece it's knocking off.

and it's not a matter of just QC, it's skill as well.

Crooked percs don't fire the same. Uneven slits don't fire the same. Wobbly ground joints are not air tight. Recyclers made in china don't always vortex correctly. Bad joints that haven't been annealed properly come apart. (Like that guy over on FC whose Mothership egg knock off came apart the other day at the reinforcement.)

To some people it's important, and apparently to others not as much. And that's fine. Different strokes and all that.

But attempting to state as fact that Chinese knock offs are as good as American glass, or function as well for a tenth of the price is absolutely misleading.