So I finally got my nutrient solutions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by almostgrower, Feb 18, 2015.

1. [​IMG]
    I ordered this off of Amazon because I knew my plants would need their nutrients but now I haven't any idea hoe to use them really I'm growing in organic jiffy soil growing with CFL lighting someone please help

2. Well the three numbers on the bottom tell you what ratio of Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium there are in the nutes.
    For vegging you need lots of Nitrogen and I believe during flowering you need more Phosphorus? Not sure tho you'll have to check. The dosage should be dictated in the back I guess but if not ask someone around the indoor grow area I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

We call him Chief Kief now

3. Ok the micro is for roots, the grow is for your veg cycle and the bloom is for flowering after flipping and stretch, also only give about half of what it tells you on the back
    I would advise you to search for cfl grows and ask for general advise not just your nutes as you will have some challenges ahead, people are friendly round here and will help you,

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

4. #4 exaaact, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Hey, looks like you got a great deal on those nutes, they will last you for years if they don't recrystalize!!

First thing to do is buy medicine injectors/syringes 5-10 ml! You can get a 5 pack on Amazon for like 3 bucks. This let's you draw up the solution and measure it before adding it to you water!

When mixing always start with the Micro first and basically follow the instructions. Always mix each type of fertilizer into the water seperately. Start with the Micro, add it to the water, then add the grow and then the bloom. Don't ever mix the fertilizers together directly without mixing them in your water first. pH your water after everything is mixed

I would start using 1/4 strength on the "Drain To Waste" Formula listed below:

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH_FloraNova-Simple.pdf

so it says for the first week use 1 ml of Grow per gallon of water, I'd use .25 ml per gallon. Keep this in mind when buying your medicine dropper you will need to able to measure out .25 ml which is just a couple drops.

5. Thanks everybody for the help

6. Ok so my plant my plant is 16 days old && do I mix the solution in a gallon of water then put it in my containers because I don't water my plant a whole gallon of water wen I water her and I just planted another germinated seed how long should I wait til I give her some nutes

Attached Files:

7. Hi almostgrower.  I use those same nutes.  Check out my buds from my last harvest. You might want to look into "lucas formula" where you only use 2 of those bottles, the micro and the bloom. 

029.JPG 058.JPG

If growing in promix HP you will use 8mL/gallon Micro and 14mL/gallon Bloom alternating plain water ever other watering. Watering once every 2-3 day.

If growing in coco coir you will use 6mL/gallon Micro and 9mL/gallon Bloom feeding with every watering. Watering once or twice every day.

That's it!  It's that simple, but you will need to adjust the pH of your water and nutrient solution. pH 6.2-6.5 for promix or pH 5.9-6.1.  I wouldn't recommend it for jiffy soil nor would I know how to use it in combination with.  I highly recommend investing into some promix or coco coir.  Both of them have ZERO nutrients and you can control exactly what you are feeding your plants.  Both have excellent aeration as well.

Hope this helps.  You might have to invest about $100 on a pH pen and some new medium but after that you are on a very simplistic path to growing yourself some fine herbs. Cheers!

8. I'm growing in Jiffy Organic Soil.. && It's No Problem To Get A Ph Balance but why should I change my soil.?? I know I'm going to have to eventually but shes on 16 days old right now.

Attached Files:

9. I have things like this around the house would this do the job

Attached Files:

10. It says the mix contains 50%-60% peat moss, vermiculite, coir pith and lime for Ph balance..

11. Sorry I just know this method works great with a plain medium with no nutrient amendments like promix HP or coco coir.  That mix might work.  IS that all that everything the mix has?  If so it should be ok, but no guarantees.  If you notice the feed portions are different for coco and promix HP(peat moss) so I have no clue what ratio would be fed on your mix.

Just trying to tell you what works great for me.  2 bottles. 8/14. promix HP.  feed every other watering to 10% runoff.\\

Cheers!

12. Hey bud, you might wanna check out the modified Lucas formula for Coco! It's called H3ad Formula. 6 ml micro and 9 ml bloom

Yep, it's in the post if you read the whole thing.

14. Thanks everyone for telling me about the Lucas formula but I paid money for all 3 of the solutions && I intend to use all 3 I hate wasting money...

15. #15 exaaact, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    That will work too. Those 3 will help balance the pH, all it really does is switch from an ammonical nitrogen (grow) to a nitrate nitrogen (bloom). Therefore, the grow fertilizer will drop the pH down while the nitrate will raise it up. This will help you drift through the optimal pH range throughout the plants life cycle.

16. I'd say switch to some new soil, I tried using that exact same jiffy mix for a grow two years ago. The issue is that it's just for starting seeds and doesn't have much value as a potting soil. I'm a CFL grower as well and I use FoxFarms ocean forest soil. Around $22 a bag. Very reliable and easy soil for MJ. Growing can be very simple, or made really complicated. I'd advise anyone to not cut corners when it comes to soil. A lot of other things you can compensate for. Start simple and with time, mistakes, and experience, you learn a lot. At least that's my look on it. If you ever need help, I'll try my best to assist you. How's your set up looking ?

If that photo is your plant at 16 days, then you have some major light issues. What are you using for lights and how close/far away are they from the plant?

18. my baby is a bout 22 days now I'm using 100w replacement cfls daylight spectrum 6500k my lights are about 5" or less on the top && side these pictures are about 2days or a day old I've moved the pot a Lil so she can get light coverage on more Leaves cause she sprouts more everyday I have more lights to put on her but I didn't think it was time Wat do yu think.?

Attached Files:

19. I heard that stuff is great but Idk where to get it from I live in Ohio && how does it work wit nutrients

20. you can order it online. And with FFOF, you won't have to add nutes until awhile through veg. Sometimes not in veg at all, but I still would.
    It'll feed your babies til they're a nice size