Blue Dream and Girl Scout Cookies 400w DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by CodeName47, Feb 18, 2015.

1. When I snap a branch I put a dab of honey on the break and then scotch tape, seems to help

2. What kind of yield do you get with autoflowering plants?

3. #63 CodeName47, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015

This will probably be my first and only auto flower. That being said, it highly depends on genetics.

The ultraviolet auto I am growing out is by Samsara seeds which is a skunk x white dwarf cross. Because of its dwarf genetics it's pretty small. Mine is showing flower and stands roughly 8.5" tall. The breeder claims 40-70 grams per plant but I can't confirm that yet until she finishes up. UV is like growing single cola SOG.

You also have to take into account your lights and size of bucket, I've read it's best to plant in the bucket you will finish in, any shock can affect yields since you don't have control when the plant will flower. Personally I would stick to photo period plants. That's just my .02 hopefully answers your question though.

Good idea with the honey, hopefully I won't ever have to try it!

1428681519445.jpg

4. #64 CodeName47, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Snuck in about 5 mins before lights on to snap a couple pictures. I'll leave those here for now.

GSC
    1428906594025.jpg

BD
    1428906605746.jpg

5. #65 CodeName47, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Update for the beginning of Week 6, I have both plants on a steady 1550-1600 ppm diet. PH is stable haven't had to do much adjusting at all just adding water back and topping up nutrients. The Blue Dream smells really good really fruity and sweet, the GSC has a smell that I can't really describe it's almost kind of sour smelling I can't put my finger on it yet. Also the GSC was super stretchy almost double the stretch of the Blue dream, so much so that I had to super crop her in the 4th week of flower.  

I read a post on hddanis journal by jras2218 which he suggested pinching the stems about an 1" below bud sites. I did this on my auto flower as it's starting to flower and doing so has really made the side branches shoot out and vertical growth has slowed.   

For my seeds that have been germinated all 5 of the Jamaican Pearl seedlings look strong and very uniform in their growth.  The bubblegum I have not had as much luck with unfortunately, only 3 are seedlings the other 2 are well I don't know what they are. One germinated along with the rest of the plants but has been a bit shy, I can see the growth in the root cube but it doesn't want to come out yet. Then there is 1 seed that just refuses to germinate. I thought all 10 had germinated before but I must have overlooked it. 

I cut back and topped the Blue Dream clones and the GSC clone seems to be growing out of her funk. 

I ordered some neoprene inserts and also some 2" netcups. Also I picked up a 6qt storage tote from the home de pot and intend on using it as a bubble cloner. I was able to fit 15 2" clone sites in the lid which should be plenty more than what I will need. 

IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4598.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

IMG_4600.JPG

20150413_124017.jpg

6. Both girls are starting to bulk up now the Blue dream is starting to look like she's going to be chunky, and she smells so freaking good already. So sweet and fruity.

I don't know what to expect of the Girl scout but shes hella sticky and the buds are super dense. She smells pretty bad I'm not a fan of the smell at all. But I have high hopes especially how much hype I've heard about the strain from friends.

The UV Auto is pretty bushy for a little girl pinching the main stem was definitely the way to go with this plant I think.

Attached Files:

7. Just wanted to share a pic of one of my Blue Dream girls I cut down last night . That strain is really impressive all around.

Attached Files:

8. Thanks for sharing Jerryg, she is impressive indeed. congratulations to you on a successful harvest. I'm sure the dry and cure will go fine, how many times have you grown the strain?

9. First time with these specific genetics. I'm actually running a few days late for round two. Staying with the same two strains BD and purple train wreck, but going heavier with BD this time. I like both strains very much, my upcoming will be the last with these for a while simply cause I have some others that i wanna play with. One negative of my grow style is i can only work with a couple strains at a time. I also have a monster BD mom that's going out in a couple weeks. The pic is a week after taking 60 cutz.

Attached Files:

10. #70 CodeName47, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    haha jesus dude! I went to your profile to check out your grow, and that damn banner picture you have... I wasn't prepared for that. That is a great looking mom, when you say out you obviously mean outdoors? Just want to clarify, if so she is going to be massive I would love and can't wait to see her at the end of the season. Makes my mouth water, I unfortunately live in an apartment in a urban environment. I'm limited to a small walk-in closet.  

Figured I would do an update post while I wait for the Vikings season finale! So stoked. Here are some pictures. I feel like I should be typing more on my updates but there honestly isn't anything to say. PPMS are a bit on the high side for these plants hovering around 1650-1700 have some very light leaf tip burn-age but not too worried about it.  Week 6 day 5. 

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4612.JPG

UV Auto

IMG_4616.JPG

Blue Dream
    IMG_4614.JPG
    IMG_4627.JPG

Girl Scout, looks like she has some nice purples showing  
    IMG_4629.JPG
    IMG_4630.JPG

11. Haha, i was going for the "shock value " with that pic!
    And yes, i do mean outside . She already is massive at almost 7 ft, not sure what comes next but I'm excited to find out. I grew her out in a fairly small stand up shower . Unfortunately I'm not in the country either. Not really urban either, kinda in the middle in suburbia. Seriously considering a change to the country .
    I ran pretty high with ppm's this last table without any burn. I was planning on taking it up to 2k next run. Not sure if your using co2 but i do which allows for a lil more.
    I'd be willing to bet your Blue Dream will out preform the others. I'd also like to fuck with the cookies but typically she doesn't put out. I've only seen one grower with stellar yeild but not yet sure which cut it is.
    Who is the breeder of your BD?

12. Well it was shocking. I would love a move to the country, but that's not going to happen unless I get lucky on a job offer in a better location than the bay. I am not using co2 perhaps I will in the future. Wanted to keep costs and difficulty as low as possible on my first go around. I wish I could remember the name of the breeder. I got my clones from harborside in oakland. The BD was top shelf cuttings for what it's worth.

13. Here is the list of breeders and cuts they had on hand the day I got them though. So that narrows the possibilities.

Attached Files:

14. Topped all the Jamaican pearl plants. I lost 2 of the bubblegum seeds but it's ok I suppose. There's not enough room for them anyway. Pretty excited about getting clones ready to determine sex in about 4 weeks.

Attached Files:

15. Damn hydro the BD and GSC are coming along great!

16. #76 CodeName47, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
    Checked the ladies last night and the humidity was in the high 60s, not good. I noticed the interior structure of the plant was pretty crowded with leaves so I took a lot of the fan leaves away and I also ordered a dehumidifier should be here this week. Taking the fan leaves away dropped the rh about 8% since yesterday.

1430211742094.jpg

*Edit*
    Here are some additional photos I took with a better camera. I'm really impressed with how the Blue Dream is looking. The GSC so far has been unimpressive, as of right now I honestly don't know if I will grow her again, I will see how she smokes in a few weeks.

IMG_4646.JPG
    IMG_4647.JPG
    IMG_4648.JPG
    IMG_4649.JPG
    post-846127-0-17548500-1430229322.jpg
    post-846127-0-19816300-1430229253.jpg
    post-846127-0-44757300-1430229294.jpg
    post-846127-0-61633700-1430229355.jpg

It seems taking vertical pictures and uploading via "full web version" on mobile orients them horizontal. *shrug

17. You talking about hydro my growing medium or getting me mixed up with hydro420? Hehe thanks tho. They are looking great, I took some photos of the donkey dick colas with my good camera I'll upload in a little bit. Excitement to the max.

18. LMAO!!!! I wasn't fully awake and had a few threads open to catch up! got the name mixed up but not the plants they look dope!

The same thing happens to me with the pics orientation being off, so what I do is rotate 90 degrees save then close, reopen and rotate back to original and save again. Seems to work and my pics get uploaded right side up instead of oriented.

19. Haha, I figured you were about 3 spliffs deep and forgot where you were! Thanks I'll fix the images later on today.

20. and at work! bahaha