Green light bulbs at night?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Snowbum415, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Hey guys! Has anyone used green light bulbs for working in the garden at night? I have seen other rooms with them and have seen green bulbs at the hardware store, but I'm apprehensive to use just any green bulb... Does anyone have experience with this? Don't want to hermaph my ladies...

2. I wouldn't mess with your plants at night... let them rest..

Some say green is safe but I woulnd't risk it...

3. i have used green cfl's and green incandescent bulbs without issue. one time i left them on for 4 days without knowing it, didn't phase my girls one bit.

Thanks for the input, guys! Indeed I would want them to sleep without any disturbance, but if spraying becomes necessary then obviously I would need to be able to see while doing so, and my rooms are large enough where I can't time it to do it right before the lights go off, and I have bare bulbs, no air cooled hoods... Anyways, thanks and please feel free to check out my journal if you have any more input :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1357375-snowbums-first-indoor-legal-grow-coco.html

5. Yeah i use a green cfl in all my grows, its nice to be able to come home late and check to see if theure dry or whatever youbwanna check, but i wouldnt do too much work they are sorta sleeping. Cheers

6. Plants dont sleep.
    Or see green.

7. It's said the plants will not absord green lights, searched the internet, also mentioned this. so maybe no worries

Green light is used by plants.... it also induces shade avoidance in plants..