Joe Abercrombie

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Buffalo Beano, Feb 18, 2015.

1. #1 Buffalo Beano, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    Any Joe Abercrombie fans? He's got to be one of my favorite authors.

The First Law trilogy is fantastic. His character development is the best. I really enjoy reading about all of the characters, even the ones I hate.

He has a new YA series that's pretty good, but I'm eager to get back to the Bloody Nine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fuck ya The Bloody Nine!, love Joe Abercrombie books. Steven Erickson is a bad ass too, hence my Forum name

3. I have Gardens of the Moon and one other book from the series but haven't started it yet. I have to prepare myself for that endeavor.

4. Yeah, you better be in the right mind frame to read Erickson. It is really in depth and can get complicated. But the characters are awesome and I like how there really aren't any good or bad guys. It's like real life in the sense that everyone does good and bad, just depends on who's side your on.

5. Got the first law trilogy for Xmas and about half way through the second, has he done any more novels featuring the bloody nine?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. At this point, Red Country is the only other title that features Logan as a main character.

Even so, the other books have great characters.

7. I have the first in the First Law trilogy just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.