New grow starting soon.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by RedganjaDown, Feb 18, 2015.

1. #21 RedganjaDown, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    I know about the pics right. I need a DSLR and am trying to decide between a Canon or Nikon. Got both in my cart on Amazon. Waiting for the price drop notice. Need to take a class I guess.

The molasses is something I learned on here for soil growing. The microbes and roots love the carbohydrates and it has good doses of mag and cal. I use 2 tbs. to a gallon. I like to heat it up in the micro because I refrigerate after opening and use it during flowering 3-4 times. Some say it adds more flavor and energy to the buds too. It said to use the blackstrap, unsulphured type of molasses because it's more organic than the sulphured type. Like raw milk vs pasteurized.

2. Thanks man. Growing is very addictive though. I'm going to have to relocate in the not so distant future to an mmi state.

3. .

My snarky comment about your pictures really makes me sound like I dick for what I'm about to say.

I'm a pro photog-woo hoo look at me!! Seriously, you can't go wrong with either brand. Decide on your budget then compare the models offered in that range. Definitely go on dpreview website for unbiased comparisons between models. The differences between cameras of the same price range are so subtle that you should look at features that suit you. Remember that whatever brand you choose you are beholden to their glass. I know an SI photog who decided to switch to Nikon and had to ditch 20-30k in lenses! I'm a Nikon guy.

Like you, I'm having a helluva lot of fun growing & your babies look great!

4. #24 RedganjaDown, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    22 days old and today's birthday pics. My Age Old organic nutes got here today and will be the next supplement these girls get. Ordered a 16 oz each of Bloom and Grow. Thinking since these are Autos I'm just going to use the Age Old Bloom one. The one with blue tape on hand;e is the Moby Dick, the other 2 are White Widow, 
    ***no leaf yellowing, just reflected light from the 600w MH. Still digging those khaki smart pots. Very reflective characteristic.

Attached Files:

5. Ok Canon T5 or Nikon D5300? Those are the finalist.

6. Does the canon have a separate LCD readout on the top? If it does go with it. The 5300 doesn't and trust me, having a setting readout on the body instead of the screen makes shooting a less tedious experience.

7. New pics from his A.M. 03/16/15 plants are 25 days old. A little over 1/3 of the way thru their life expectancy. I'm pleased with the way they look.

Attached Files:

8. here's some more from today, 03/16/15

Attached Files:

9. Wow they are growing fast!  Like weeds. ;)

As for the shitty camera, are you using it on macro setting?  It's specifically for taking photos up-close.  When I started out with cams, I was totally unaware it existed.  The great part is that the setting is labeled with a little plant on pretty much every camera.

Great plants, love the white widow strain. Subbed.  Can't wait to see how they turn out as autos. :)

10. #30 RedganjaDown, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Thanks fuzzlpeg. I do use the macro. I need to bring the girls up and get them outside to take some really good pics soon. Started using Age Old organics Bloom formula. I ordered a small 16oz bottle to give it a go. Supposedly it's really good. The reviews said so anyway.

White Widow is my favorite too. Hope the auto is as good as the photoperiod I grew in the past.

11. #31 RedganjaDown, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Happy St. Patrick"s Day.

I think they are growing. Watered heavy on Sunday, a gallon each with nutes added and split 1 gallon with Age Old Bloom and Grow mixed in at noon today.. The smallest of the 3 is a Dinafem Moby Dick Auto. I'm not seeing the Moby part yet. Putting another 600w light on them and have a garment rack I'll be moving the plants to. Going to grow in the same basement, just not under the stairs.
    I'm trying to see how much I can grow.

Attached Files:

12. Do you see change from 24 hours ago? I sure do. The Age Old nutes aren't hurting anything.

Attached Files:

13. 28 days since seed.  Here;s tonights pics. I got the growing space modified. No more Harry Potter, under the stairwell for the ladies. I'm going for 4.5 ft or 1.5 meters which ever comes first.

Attached Files:

14. #34 RedganjaDown, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    Day 35 pics. The ladies are living well. Loads of flower buds setting on. They've been consuming an avg. of 3 gallons on a w-x-x=w schedule. 

Attached Files:

15. #35 RedganjaDown, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    Day 40 and got some new pics from today. Not sur why they are so zoomed. Wasn't anything I did on my end I don't think. Hoping for an early May harvest. 
    Kolas are forming and flowers are sitting on nicely. The Moby Dick plant is still sorta sketchy, but I'm certain, now, that it's a sativa dominant auto flower. 

The single Moby Dick is on the right side of all the pics.

Attached Files:

16. here is another photography equipment tip:
    glass is way more important then the camera body. if your main intent is to shoot macro you should look for a good macro lens you can afford. then get a body that fits.

most camera bodies become obsolete after 5-10 years, good glass is for life.  i would even recommend looking for 2nd hand glass since if its clean (no scratches, marks on glass that effect the final picture) there is no real advantage to having  a new lens over a used one. (unless you are looking for some new technology like super duper fast autofocus for shooting sports).

nice garden btw [​IMG]

17. Day 49 pics. Hard to believe it's been 7 weeks since the beginning. I added a new nutrient today. It's an organic bloom enhancer. We'll see. 

Attached Files:

18. i dont think bloombastic is organic. they also have a product called bio-bloombastic which they say is "organic with a dynamic twist"...whatever that means [​IMG]

im kind of a noob at organic growing but from what i see other here do, no one uses bloom enhancers. or any enhancers for that matter other then kelp which should be in your soil anyway.

girls are looking good regardless [​IMG]

19. i was about to say why didnt you tell me you had a journal! but now i realize it's from a couple months ago lol.