Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another pre employment drug test thread

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LegalizeForTheLove, Feb 17, 2015.

1. #1 LegalizeForTheLove, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    So I know there are a million posts similar to this one but I thought I should write something up for all the people out there that are freaking out right now waiting on test results.  Any constructive input would be appreciated.

My background:

I'm high tech, I've run multiple IT companies over the last 10 years and designed truly awesome systems.  I've also smoked at least one fat joint every day for those 10 years.  Although I don't think the reason matters, I did it because I have insomnia, it helped me sleep, in fact, the only thing, ambian (however you spell that) only made me sleep walk, anyhow.

Last year (7/2014), I quit smoking, not sure why, maybe its because of the girl I met, I don't know, no reason to elaborate.

My build is:

6 foot
    180 lbs
    not much in metabolism, I'm 38 and only exercise in the warmer months, I'm in ohio.
    everyone that knows me thinks I'm lean but its not from workout/high metabolism I just eat healthy and reasonably.

Anyhow,  for the first time in my career, a client is making it mandatory that all vendors have all their employees take a drug test so here is my story:

Like I said, I smoked everyday, at least a fat joint at night (really helped me btw) for 10 years.  I quit for something over 5 months.  I was in Key West with my girl and got handed a joint by a random person and took 2 hits.  This was around December 10th in 2014 and yes I was pretty drunk.

Anyhow we got home, I didn't smoke anything, then for some probably alcohol related reason I decided to smoke part of an old joint I had for like maybe 3-5 hits.  Now this joint was old, been in the freezer for 2+ years.

My client had me take a pre employment test on 2/13/2015, about 20 days being clean.

The test was quest diagnostics if that matters to anyone.

As everybody knows that's been in this situation you either substitute or bank on yourself being clean, I decided I was clean and here's why:

1.  5 days before the test I started testing myself with those home tests, my result on day five days before was a semi faint, maybe more strong line on a 50 ng test.  I passed.
    2.  Every test taken after the first only showed a strong dark second line all the way up to the day of the test, I always used first morning void.

What I didn't do:
    1. Never set out to dilute, I'm actually a little worried about that because I am in IT and I drink shit tons of coffee, probably much, much more than the recommended amount of water intake.
    2. No detox, its fake, if the time before you stop won't clean you, only #1 might work.
    3. No pills,etc.  those are fake too and could hurt you.

I could have easily substituted but I'm confident I'll pass (although with shaky knees :) )

Now the internet is full of this magical 30 days clean thing, right now, I don't know if I passed.

Its been 3 days and I haven't heard anything and yes, I'm still freaking out.

Not sure if there is anybody close to my situation but if so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

And yes damnit, legalize, herb is much less dangerous than alcohol, if you can sign the petition, do it, its the only way this stupidity is going to change.

I will update when I get the results.

Peace

To be clear:

5 months clean, one hit in December another on 1/24/2015 so 20 days clean, I pass all the home tests, I need to pass a pre employment 50ng, should I pass?

2. Fascinating story bro.

3. I imagine you will pass since you had not been smoking regularly.  Good luck, waiting for results.

4. Well, day 4, no news yet.

Thanks for the feedback this far, its making me feel a little less stressed.

Quest Diagnostics has a patient portal website that they claim will give you the results, does anybody have experience with it?  I have no results on their portal yet.

Like I mentioned, I'm IT, high tech, this is silly stupid stuff but they should be able to get me this info in real time.  I mean, shit they barcode scan the crap out everything when you're there.

Arrggh, just freaking out a little.

Does anybody think I could pass the 20 or 15 in this time frame?

5. I'm 5/11 220 kinda chunky little to no working out 23years old. Medical patient so frequent heavy user of high grade medicinal dispensery stuff. I haven't smoked since December 15 2014 so a little over 60 days and sill can't pass the home test. My question is if it's still showing positive in my urine will it show recent use in a hair test? I.e. show I smoked yesterday because of it still being positive in my urine even though I haven't smoked in 60 days and by the time the hair test hits it should be five months. And furthermore will it show the tramadol I've recently taken for pain (no prescription just can't smoke because the state of Michigan Or employers in the state don't care if you have your card they still just see you as a pot head) or the acid I ate back in October September area.

6. My chick had her boy go to states for wrestling, today he won!!!!

No news on me yet argg

7. 11 days and no news from quest diagnostics, no news from client either.  does quest actually send you the email they claim they do when your results are in?  I have an account on their stupid portal but no news.

8. 20 days, if it was only a few hits you should be fine. You do realize we have a thread at the top of this section to talk about drug tests though. I understand you wanted to post this though because you are scared. Maybe if we all give you a hug, you'll pass the drug test that you took. Why are you worrying? No point in worrying since you already took it. Worrying about it won't change anything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Thanks for the kind words.  I just noticed the other thread yesterday sorry for posting a new one.

My situation is weird because I've been contracting with them for over a year and I'm still billing the client so fingers crossed that I passed.

I'm just sorta pissed at quest, I mean they must know by now what the results are, they claim they'll email me but nothing yet and their web portal sucks.