Knowing what you need.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dannyszu, Feb 17, 2015.

1. I think the compulsion to 'achieve' is a deep-seeded will to realize potential. We feel discontent when we feel we are not progressing our potential. The internet is a poweful tool but a kind of double edged sword. It seems like we are wasting our potential here discussing this, the vast interconnectedness makes our contributions seem insignificant, but i think we are accomplishing potential here. We are spreading ideas and information, building the potential like waterdrops in a hurricane. We simply cannot fathom how powerful our effect may be when the time comes. We can determine the roll we play so long as we dont let the opportunities slip by.

I have a ticket i was supposed to pay and i didnt. It would have been easier to pay it perhaps but i feel the obligation to challenge the suppressors of humanity every little chance i can. If i sit by pacified, i will feel guilty as i have let 'them' defeat me and trample others unchallenged. Fuck that.

2. Any time brother.  :)

3.   You know I agree with you generally, but I would never think we are wasting our potential discussing this.  
    Perhaps OUR potnential is to discuss things and debate how reality can/should shift, and as such i'd value all of ours' input on this very relevant topic   :)

I'm encouraged by your act I have a situation with tickets myself that I need to sort out and I've been procrastinating. If i can just conquer that energy of procrastination I feel like I could do anything. At one point I was actively practising and developing myself, but my practise has stopped. It's like an unconscious apathy and a lack of excitement that stops me.

But we have access to that higher potential of real action as well. I think some people have seen a lot of talk and are set to act but maybe feel a bit powerless and confused about how to go about it all. We all have ideas on how society can be better, whether on a personal level in our own lives, or on a bigger scale. I'm sure there needs to be some sort of figure head behind which a movement can emerge, but we can seem to find that movement. There's not much cohesion between many peoples ideas, but they all emerge from a general dissatisfaction that his permeated our society. It is really people denying their responsibility out of laziness, out of fear that prevents a change. If there was a single spark it could change our whole world.

6. That was my point ;-)

7. www.thebyteshow.com/RandyMaugans.html

Listen to 'the sovereign spirit' then 'debt and other issues'

That might cure your apathy

8. Right on. Thats when the drops will form the hurricane. IMO once people realize they are free and no one has the right or the power to stand in our way, shit will change. Its coming no doubt, seems like everyone feels a momentous future event is nearing.

9. To know that there is no ruler behind or in front of you and that it is unanimously your world is immensely powerful to digest upon first acknowledgement. This is a double edged sword as always, follow ego or follow creative creation? Oh what power we conceal.

10. #30 Deleted member 847250, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    unless you waste it and run out. 

11. I need to go off the rails every now and again. To the edge and then step back.
    It's like a shot of renewal...

12. You just ...know. Ha ha. But really, a good chunk of life consists of actions that don't require knowing. They just require doing.

13. I'm stunned by how coorelated your thoughts are with mine, unlike almost every person i know. But i am wondering now what is the best way for us to think? I mean maybe every piece of knowledge you've added to your way of thinking, is just wrong, and shouldn't be like that in the first place, like you've been stuck in the same box for a long period of time, and that very box is actually this, these thoughts. That are making the most sense for us right now, but maybe they're wrongful or unpractical or maybe good but not for now, or not like that.

Regardless of all that, i cane to a realization that somethings are there just because you are looking for them and or not there because you're not looking, this can affect every single aspect of our life, and this can be the main difference between an optimistic and a pessimistic person, we know that everything is possible, but if you think about it, some of us compromised they're since of winning and positiveness in order for us not to feel dissapointed ever again, we decrease our ambitions more and more, until we are different people now. But why do we do that? Do we feel dumb when we don't reach our expectations? Is that it? Just because we don't wanna feel dumb we aspire for less than our potential? Why are we so afraid of dissapointments? What is actually going to happen next really? We just feel less good for a certain time.
    But in order to avoid feeling sad, we are feeling sad every single day eventually, we didn't think about this plot twist, why? How should we think ffs?!

14. All of these questions arise, in part, I feel...because some of us have high/imbalanced/open "third eyes" and crown Chakras. It's funny cuz that line of thought, I'm sure has come up in my life...especially: what are we supposed to be thinking? And how is the best way to think? I really do believe life is full of lessons, if you're aware of them...so it is important to be attentive, yet calm and cool. Pertaining to the thread, it's ultimately balance, in all possible senses. So as to revert back to a ground within yourself that is grounded as the core of the earth, and curiously fun like looking into the sky.

Meh

15. I agree.  The feeling of freedom in this is somewhat overwhelming at times when you draw your attention powerfully into yourself and realize what you are.  People want to be enlightened and know their true self, but trust me from experience, knowing our true self is very powerful indeed and can actually seem like too much for the mind/body to comprehend at first....I know I was confused at first.

This knowing being that we all are is such a powerful realization, but so liberating and beautiful at the same time.  

Here's some beautiful and VERY powerful quotes or pointers that can really get us to realize what we all are.. I know they've helped me: 

"I am only the Self , which is universal and imagines itself to be the outer self, a person."-Nisargadatta Maharaj

"I am not an object in Consciousness but its source, its Witness, pure shapeless Awareness."-Nisargadatta Maharaj

"Only the feeling "I am", though in the World, is not of the World nor can be denied." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

"In every body there is a dream, but the dreamer is the same, the one Self, which reflects itself in each body as "I am". -Nisargadatta Maharaj

“You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.”-Alan Watts

“Through our eyes, the universe is perceiving itself. Through our ears, the universe is listening to its harmonies. We are the witnesses through which the universe becomes conscious of its glory, of its magnificence.”-Alan Watts

“You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing.”-Alan Watts