First Grow Setup - Need Tips Please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FirstEverGrow, Feb 17, 2015.

1. #1 FirstEverGrow, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    After some research, I've decided to start my first grow!  I haven't yet received my seeds (North Lights Auto from Nirvana seedbank) but I've tried to set up a decent let system.  I will be growing 3 plants (you guys think I should do more or less?).  Here are some pictures of my setup, please be aware that all of these lights are rigged to move up/down and sided/side to fit my plants needs.  Will I need more lights?  The tubes are 40W~2,900 lumen~6500k.  The small lights are 20W~1,250 lumen~2700k.  What do you think of this space?  The total high is just under 6'.

Edit: I'm using this guide
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/cfl-coco-coir

Attached Files:

2. The space should be good for three plants. As for your tube lights, you will want to move them nice and close to the plants (6" away), and raise them up as the plants grow. You will also want to get a fan in there.

3. Oh yea, the tube fixture can be moved up and down, I just put it in this position for the photo =D.  Do you think the lights are strong enough?

4. Well, the more light the better. You want no less than 5000 lumens per plant for flowering, but you can certainly start them with less. Maybe just buy more cfl's as you go.

5. #6 Emma & Dave, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    6"??!

with t8 bulbs no farther than 2"
    With t5 bulbs no farther than 4"

These lights will not properly flower out 3 plants. But you have an alright start to a nice cloning area. :)
    Grab yourself a 300+w led (not just any led) or a 250w hps/mh system.

6. Do you think you can give me some pointers?  I googeld LED and HPS systems but they're very expensive D=.  I am moving the T12 down to just above the plants once I put them in.  Do you not recommend this setup?  Also, I just put an order in for an 85w CFL.  IS that good?

7. Meh. T12s will need to be touching your canopy. Haha.

I would suggest the hydrofarm sunburst 250w core and coil ANSI59 hood/ballast combo. And a hortilux eye blue bulb. Should be able to find it for 250 on eBay or amazon. Don't cheap out on lights man... You'll end up with cheap product
    Or grab yourself a t5 fixture and some varied spectrum bulbs, a couple 6500k and a couple 2700k maybe even a 10k bulb in there for flower for increased trichome production. You get out what you put in every single time with cannabis, no way around it. You don't need to spend a bunch of money, but you DO need the right equipment. Keep looking Man. Keep looking...

8. By the way guys, lumens mean almost NOTHING to plants. Lumens are the measure of visible light to humans, it usually pertains to light within the 450nm-550nm range... This just happens to be the range of light that plants use almost none of....
    PAR, micromoles, einstines and photon density are what matters.

9. I would ditch they lights altogether and get a 600watt HPS. Get a 6" cooltube and a 6" fan cut a hole in the ceiling to vent the heat. Look into SOG growing.

My friend had a space similar to this 6 Big Budda Cheese plants from seed in Bio-Bizz Allmix. 3 Months and about 2 weeks. He got roughly 13oz dry bud and it was his first grow.

10. I found a decent 600w HPS on amazon but I have no way to vent something like that here, unfortunately  I cant just cut a hole in teh ceiling xD