Reasons To Buy The PS4?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by M32 Blazer, Feb 17, 2015.

1. MENTAL GAME! LOVE IT! NUFF SAID.
    Chef.

2. Don't chose the system. Chose the games.

If there are games you want to play on ps4, or with friends that have ps4, then get it. Otherwise dont

-yuri

3. Soon to be the ultimate stoner game.. I mean, hâve you seen the designs?? Wow!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Grasscity Forum

4. I check everyday for news on this game, but it's coming slow. Really hoping to see more soon.

6. If you cant see the difference in game mechanics between the xbox to xbone or ps3 to ps4 your not a gamer.

7. you can pick it up pretty cheap now. Not the greatest game but worth $30 in my opinion. Especially if you're a fan of the franchise.

8. you can get the last of us and the order for the regular price on amazon

the order comes with a physical copy so you can just go trade it in for a good game

9. You can see the difference, but its not as insane a jump as Xbox to Xbox 360. I would've thought the "next-gen" would have been on par with a high end gaming pc

10. get a modded xbox original instead. 100 built in xbox original games and 450 classics of n64 snes etc. what else could you possibly neeeeeed?

Sony and Microsoft still have to make the price of the console feasible for the average consumer. They could make it as good as a thousand dollar computer but it would cost a thousand dollars, you see? It's a delicate balance of price versus performance.

Both companies actually lose money every time they sell a console, because they're selling them for cheaper than it costs to make them.

The average home built PC is always better than 

So if you are a pure gamer the obvious choice is the PC where you aren't limited by retarded hardware, retarded meaning less advanced.

13. You still may be limited by available games depending on what games you prefer...

It's kind of hard for me to "sell" the idea of buying a PS4 because even though I like mine a lot, I don't really game nearly as much as I used too. I do think the leap between consoles is worth it, but it does depend on disposable money. Like it was mentioned before, it can also make a huge difference what kind of TV you are using.

It will take some time but once the processing power is optimized (just like it always takes time for the designers to push it's limits) it will be more noticeable.

14. #54 burned one, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015

Yes, I 100% agree that PC gaming provides the best gaming experience. My intentions were simply to shed some light on why Sony and Microsoft chose the hardware that they did. 

But hey, consoles have their place too. One guy on here (forgot who) likened consoles to automatic transmission cars and PCs to manual transmission cars. If you ask any grease monkey about cars, he's gonna want a manual. But soccer mommy definitely wants an automatic. Consoles basically do everything for you, however it takes a bit of fiddling sometimes on a PC, right? Some people want to slap a disc in and zone out, and some people don't mind fiddling because they're getting the best they can get. Different strokes. Nothing wrong with either.

But the fact is, consoles will always be limited on hardware because of the price. The companies gotta make em competitive. People will spend $1250 on a beast PC and not bat an eye, but people freaked when the ps3 was announced to be $600.

Edit: Also note that these consoles run on x86 architecture, which is the same as windows computers. So the whole "once the devs figure it out" thing is not really a thing this go round.

15. Playstation Home is permanently ending on PS3 next month :( deep deeep deeeep news!

So does anyone know if it's availible on PS4 or not? I sincerely hope so

16. I can't find a reason to buy one yet. I have friends telling me to get it because of No Man's Sky but if it's coming for the PC why am I even going to bother?

17. Bump

18. gonna be b-o-r-i-n-g

19. Oo you grown? But you're contemplating whether or not you should spend your grown money on something aimed for mostly adolescents? The ironyyyyyyy

You know you want to buy it, you're just looking for a reason to justify your purchase!! I used to do the same shit

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•

20. By the way I'm just teasin....I love the shit out of video games and when my tax refund comes in I'm buying one lol I just never have time to play anymore

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•