Reasons To Buy The PS4?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by M32 Blazer, Feb 17, 2015.

my bad, i didn't check the calender before posting lol. my point still remains the same. 

2. It has been pretty slow getting started I agree. Still, if you are buying cross gen games, you are better off getting the new gen version. Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor are proof of that.

Absolutely. If you have the disposable income laying around, I would recommend upgrading your consoles ASAP. It looks so much better, they feel better, and overall, are more enjoyable. That said, if you don't, you really aren't missing out on much, as of yet. 

4. I wouldn't get one yet. I only want one for Bloodborne. I have a feeling FF15 will come to PC.

5. I got one to play bf4 with some IRL buds, and No man's sky looks interesting too.

I have a pretty nice PC, but kicking back on the couch with a bowl packed and sticks in hand is my wheelhouse. I feel like I need my tryhard pants every time I play PC games.

I also was able to get the white console for cheap! It's s'cute lol

6. Are you absolutely sure though? Doesnt it just look "slightly" better and feel "exactly" the same? "What makes it more enjoyable overall? Ive played COD Advanced Warefare on both consoles (in the same day) and honestly I was SHOCKED why people would pay so much for the PS4, The graphics are sooooooo similar to PS3 I literally had to sit foward and squint my eyes to notice the little differences. Despite what deluded people say IT IS NOT instantly noticable like WHAM! in your face the new generation is here.. it's like SONY are playing a fucking joke on us, wheres the leap? wheres the effort they made? average console to be honest.

i have the xbone and have never played aw on any other console... i felt like i was watching a movie during the cutscenes, and i can't say i ever had that on ps3 lol. 

8. #28 Exhazer, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015

lol Your tv bro must really really suck...My friend just got his PS4 he got pissed off cause he has a 10 year old LCD screen i told him go buy that 50 inch you had your eyes on, its on sale now. sense he got his taxes he bought it. Its a complete night and day difference he can see so much better. And we did set up both cousels on HDMI 1 and 2 switched the inputs real quick. PS3 lacks alot of detail on levels its missing alot, Its also alot "Blurrier" I can see they used Blur effect to blend in some of there rendering on PS3...PS4 is way more better then ps3. and 1080 for ps3..not necessarly yeah it supports it but the games do no run on it. Ps4 is the full 1080P HD shit. and if your going to sit on a OLD tv trying to play on Next Gen counsels your not going to get the experience.

I should Note i made sure he made the switch from LCD to LED for me my opinion LCD sucks, Plasma Sucks, LED is where its at

Same with Xbox if you think xbox has better graphics even though its hard to tell..Xbox runs on 900p while ps4 runs on 1080p..done clearly Ps4 is better but not by much...but with games, a long shot.  

9. I love my ps4.
    I know pc is better take it easy guys.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

10. PC is its own thing, its not considered a console a PC is a PC....i just learned it myself lol

11. #31 M32 Blazer, Feb 18, 2015
    Ahhhh i never even thought about the TVs... well the PS4 was played on my friends 32 inch TOSHIBA TV which was bought roughly between 2008 and 2010. Will that be 1080p or 720p? I'm really curious to find out, so if it is 1080 does that mean it's just as good as any other TV for display the power of PS4 graphics or do you need a minimum 50 inch required to notice the best graphics? And does it have to be a recent model released from roughly 2013 onwards or is a TV from 2010 and earlier just as fine?

So really it doesnt just end with upgrading your console.. If you want to notice the difference in visuals from PS3 you have to also buy a brand new state of the art TV aswell to accompany your new console?

12. Naaah. And out the things you pick the xbox one. First iv been a microsoft fan four years. Till they came out with this crapy shit hole of a brick. Iv watched so many people play that shit its nothing but a waste of 400 bucks same shit as the xbox360 hust a few little modifaction. Ya microsoft dispointed me with that. Now ps4 now thats a step up its almost like a computer! I can go on for days what the features and why its somewhat better to buy ps4. This is my first time owning a sony system but i kinda say if you want 400 bucks to be worth it. I say go for the ps4. And games! Bro. Evil within, bloodborne,batman arkem knight,evolve, that lsat of us! (Very beautiful game) resident evil remasterd, alien isolTion, onse again i can go on for days. And the controller oh jeez just magic for you hand fits right feels right. And helps with gaming experince with that built in speaker on the contoller.. Ima stop there i said enought.

13. This generation of gaming is less on the graphics and more on the capabilities to run massive games. GTA V is a perfect example. The 360 ran GTA V sure, but there were (and are) tons of problems with the game still that we don't see as much on the PS4 version. To me at least it seems like gta v was seriously pushing the boundaries of the 360 whereas the current generation seems to run the game smooth as fuck. 

My conclusion; don't buy a ps4/xbox one (yet). The games out for it so far are just not worth it yet, but in the future I can see this generation having a pretty solid collection of games, but like I said it isn't going to be the graphics so much that we should all get excited about but games of a much greater magnitude (bigger worlds, more immersive experience)

14. #34 TimothyTheFirst, Feb 18, 2015
    I bought mine around this time last year.

I think if you have a few hundred dollars that's not a big deal, it's worth it.  Certain new games really are a lot better than old ones.  My favorite game is NBA 2k15, that game is miles ahead of the PS3 version.  I'm not really a big FPS player but my friend who comes over and plays battlefield on my ps4 a lot always talks about how amazing it is.  Gta 5, I had it on last gen and I got it on this gen...  it might just be because I didn't play it for like a year before I got it on ps4, but it doesn't really seem too different to me.  I got it as a gift so I'm happy with it, but I'm not sure if GTA is the reason to buy one.

There's a lot of other games that look really good I just don't have time to play enough games.  The order 1886 looks really dope, there's a lot of other exclusives coming this year.

If you still play your ps3 or 360 a lot and have fun with it, or you'd be blowing like an entire paycheck, it's not really worth the upgrade.  but for me I was making a lot of extra money, and I wanted to play mlb the show (also a great game), and they didn't make it on xbox 360...  so I just said fuck it and bought one.  don't regret it at all.

15. Middle-earth shadow of mordor, I'm not a lord of the rings fan but this game is the shit! It's like if skyrim and assassins creed had a baby

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. daaaaaaaam if i know that i would of bought that game instead alien isolation. 

17. None, XB1 is the reason you should bot

Chef.

18. At least by now paying for your online services it may not take ages to download games and updates? You may also now be able to play online without the servers fucking with other stuff.

Paying for online is a bonus, all the playstation fans just hate it because it being free has been taken for granted.

Now your paying the experience will improve and now, I can't believe I'm saying it but the PS online experience is now up there with the XB online experience.

Chef.

19. Is alien isolation any good? The trailer looked pretty intense

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. What about dying light? Has anybody played that yet?