Reasons To Buy The PS4?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by M32 Blazer, Feb 17, 2015.

1. #1 M32 Blazer, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    Convince me!

It's been on the shelves for over a year but is it just me or does it still seem like an unneccesary purchase? Is it really so amazing?

If so convince me to buy one because i don't see any reason to. Apart from GTA V, which is just a slightly touched up version of what I already own and have completed on current gen.

PS4: The average titles, The graphics, The XMB Layout it's all just sooooo "Meh" 'shrugs shoulders' to me. And please NOBODY mention that useless novelty of a share button. I wouldn't ever press that button anyway

EDIT: And of course being forced to now pay for online (such a mediocre PSN aswell) makes it no better than Money$oft

2. Haven't gotten one for the same reason, I'm actually gonna sub so I can get convinced too, but I doubt there's anymore compelling reasons to get a PS4 other than maybe access to new and upcoming games, which is all in all fun but most are repeats of older games so it's like Meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. To play games on. Honestly the new gen is not that much better than old gen. I have an Xbox One, got it for free essentially, and I love it, but I wouldn't have bought it or the PS4 for full price. I'd wait for better games or the Steam machines to get released.

I'll bet DonHoolio comes in here posting something about No Man's Sky

4. So basically theres nothing to convince me? Apart from new game titles.. which are just bog-standard and generic recycled garbage at the very most, and the graphics are freakishly similar to current gen anyway.. The upgrade in consoles is utterly pointless

5. Three words...No Man's Sky.

6. Seems like you've already made up your mind so idk why you want to be convinced otherwise?

I got my ps4 because of exclusives like bloodborne, uncharted, mlb the show, and of course no mans sky. If none of those interest you I would just hold off until the price drops.

7. Care to elaborate? Is that the childrens space game which is releasing soon where you visit all them cartoony planets? Nahh im a grown man

8. A grown man with no sense of exploration or wonder apparently. If you don't think that game looks the tits then I cannot help you.

9. There is no reason, I got one, only to trade it in for an xbox. To which I'm gonna trade in for the Alienware steam platform.

10. mine will be here tomorrow morning :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

can't wait to play The Last Of Us

11. Honestly, there isn't one. They have done an absolutely horrible job at segueing from the old generation to the new one. There aren't any incentives, because all the games are still being released for all consoles. You still have to pay to play online, etc.

If you wanna upgrade, do it. But don't expect to be blown away. Because the only reason I upgraded to the X1 is bc my PS3 died. It's just meh.

12. While I agree with you about not being blown away by these "new" consoles I completely disagree about games still being released for the old systems. More and more you're going to see games only being for the x1, ps4, and pc. Its already happening, evolve, dying light, witcher 3, arkham knight, bloodborne, etc..

If all you're into is fps like cod then yeah those are still going to be on all systems but the games that are trying to do bigger things will be left out for the older gen.

13. @modestMOOSE I don't disagree that it is being done slowly, but surely, I'm just amazed at how little effort the developers of the consoles are putting into making people upgrade. 

I remember when the Xbox 360 came out, and it was like, BAM, no more Xbox shit at all. Pure Xbox 360. Within three months, almost everyone I knew had an Xbox. With this generation, we're going on three years and people are still like, "Eeeeeeh convince me to upgrade and I will, otherwise I just like this fine" 

14. If the exclusives don't appeal to you or you don't have people to play online with, don't bother.

I have one because my friend wanted me to play online with him so he fronted me the cash to get one since I was leaning towards not getting one. Got the destiny bundle too so I have the sexier white version.

I still like my pc more though. Would totally be rocking gta 5 on that if I wasn't already running the streets with my friend on ps4.

I honestly probably would've rather gotten an xbone. Interface looks waaaay better and the controller's probably more comfortable. Hate the analogue sticks on ps4.

15. #16 PigBenis696969, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Almost missed this.

This man is right.

Youll wanna have a PS4 when No Mans Sky comes out for sure. Im saving up for one as we speak.

I hope Travilanche(sp?) sees this so we can get some more support. Gotta fill that huge galaxy with blades, feel me?

Edit: he had already posted lol. Props to him for introducing me to this game with his thread a few months back.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Yeah for sure the jump from xbox to 360 or ps2 to ps3 was huge compared to the current jump. I honestly feel like consoles will be obsolete eventually. There wont be anyway to make them better without charging a price the average consumer would be willing to spend. They already said this gen wont be nearly as long as the last one.

17. Lol highlight the empty space on my pos

Lol I knew you'd be in here. Not gonna lie the game has me interested, but as of now it looks like it will be a bore

18. We are going on 2 years. The new systems came out last November.

19. Yeah man, I don't know how other people are not losing their minds over this game. It looks incredible. Would love to see the universe filled with blades.

Glad I could get you interested at least.