Cover Light Brightness

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by kemisthekid, Feb 17, 2015.

1. I like to keep my plants close to me so I have them set up in the living room. I just bought a nice growing lights unit but the problem is the lights are too bright. What can I do to minimize the brightness? Any suggestions are welcome...

2. I don't think thats a dimmable lamp, but I'm not sure. With more information we can give more advice :)

3. dont put them in your living room? Terrible idea. you cant control anything about the environment from Temps / humidity to contamination. its fine for veging your plants but soon as you flip to a HPS and flower you rooms temperatures are going to rocket your house it just gonna Wreak of dope and its going to get very wet and soggy feeling and again your going to have all the environmental issues (stable temps / humidity). 

Now for what growing in an unconditioned area is going to do to your house and you.. Keeping plants next to an un treated / covered wall at high humidity will rot drywall and studs, bubble paint cause mildew / mold all these things that are going to come back and ruin your plants and house and cause health effect to yourself. This is just problems i can see from the video, you living area isnt not a place to keep these types of plants. 

4. #5 WeedleTM, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    I agree with hemptation, after watching your video I see water + electronic equipment on the floor. Thats dangerous man!
    You can't also control the perfect light cycle for your plants in your living room without a tent or closet.

I see rubbermaids in your video, why not making a nice grow box from them?  :hello:

5. Why do you think the lights are too bright? The more lumens, the better.

6. Thank you for the feedback, I'm going to invest my money on a tent. For now, I will keep a close eye on the electrical equipment.

7. This is the lighting unit

Attached Files:

It looks like me this is not dimmable. If its dimmable, it must be readable on the package.
    Why should you even dim it? The more light the better  :D  

9. The light gets in my eyes but I found a temporary solution. Thank you for the respond. I'm gonna check out some tent and hopefully I'll find one that suit my purpose.

Its just 2xT5, yes its bright for your eyes, no its not too bright for your plant.
    I like to wear sunglasses when I look in my grow closet  :ey:

11. What is lst?

12. Low Stress Training.. You put screw or tie points around the outside of your pot and as the plant grow you tie the plant down.and run it in a circle it causes the plant to grow more Cola buds.

If your going to put the effort in to LST you misewell SCRoG cleaner more manageable set up and with the lower branch trimming your focusing your growth on the top bush. Both methods work very well.

Looking good, but you should raise them up closer to the lights. 2-3" from the lights is what you are looking for with those lights.

14. Thank you for the advice IslandHippie. hemptation420, I'm looking into LST. I wondering if it might be too late for my tall plant...

15. Update on my plants :rolleyes:

Attached Files: