How could ISIS possibly win?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Messiah Decoy, Feb 17, 2015.

Every terrorist has a goal.

They don't just kill innocent people for the sake of doing it.

They want to achieve something.

To these people as Osama put it "It is better to die in hell" then live along side of a non beliver...that is there goal. Sometimes the goal is simply to kill. Thats there end game kill the non believers, acquire territory, establish there Islamic Kingdom all under the Caliph like times of old. In there demented thoughts this will usher in some kind of golden age.

3. obviously Isis has a goal and believes they can win.

I didn't think that was a serious question. I thought it was rhetorical.

Isis's plans are clear. Destroy the infidels and establish Islamic law.world wide.

But in your op you asked why we should bother trying to stop them if they can't win

Its not about stopping their end game. Their end game is impossible. Our goal is stopping terrorist attacks

-yuri

You are exactly right. If these nut jobs never attack the west and would stop video taping the executions then most likely no one would care. There making huge mistakes by doing this. They literally could be left along if they simply stopped killing westerners or like the other day marching Christians to the ocean for slaughter.

Eventually they will do this more and more and then the freight train of war is going to hit them.

5. The goal is to establish an Islamic state, clues in the name. They published maps last year of the territory they wish to take over Im sure it was the old Babylonian empire.

Their goal is not impossible. They could take over two or three countries and establish a vast Islamic State.

So asking if we should stop them isn't unreasonable.

7. It's going to be hard to stop dead a social and political movement with just guns.  You might also need some roses.

8. Many have tried to conquer the world.

Why do you think it's possible for Isis when it wasn't possible for hitler, Alexander, Khan, Napoleon, great Britain, the united states, pinky and the brain....

No seriously though. They are a threat to free people, but i don't see them ever taking over any significant ammount of territory.

-yuri

9. Qft. Part of why we keep seeing these guys appear out of nowhere and start terrorizing people, is because they feel terrorized themselves

-yuri

10. #30 fromTheOldCountry, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015

You are wrong. And here is why, oil is a direct route to military power. Where have you been since the Somme in 1916?

Attached Files:

11. It's a bit late for that.

These regions have seen the dark side of American foreign policy for decades.

Nothing can change their perception at this point.

12. Stop giving them excuses to want to fight and stop being the sugar daddy for the thorn of the middle east - Israel.

IS are blowback, there is very little effort needed to recruit fighters in the Middle East or Europe, the US led war on the Middle East is one big recruitment campaign for IS.

13. The best bet is to sit back and watch them destroy themselves. Jordan is in, Egypt is in.  Then when the dust settles you deal with whoever that is.

14. Hey I'm with ya, anyone who kills someone...and in such a barbaric fashion ought to be brought down to justice. Now...what the future do they actually want? What would satisfy them? What is it that they are looking for in return? Surely these people are of the fucked up kind..however they must have motives. To serve Allah and do as he says? Ask me where the fuck that came from...which line in the qu'ran.

All I want to get at is, we are no better fighting an eye for an eye without having legitimate discourse on their purpose.

All I've seen and heard is "they gotta be brought down, JUST LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID!" - "you can't talk to a bunch of terrorists" - "they're gunna kill people no matter what" - "they're capable of doing much more heinous acts!!" - "they won't listen"

Who the fuck knows? when has there been any talks to figure out at is going on in their heads?

Maybe I got too much faith in the world hah.

^^

that..

IS is a wet dream for people who make money in the war business..

16. #36 J-DILLA, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

What about Egypt? The US gives them aid as well.

There are more technological advances within 100 km2 of Israel than the entire Arab world combined.

17. wrong about what exactly? You think anyone can take over theworld?

I don't think its possible for anyone let alone isis

-yuri
    its never too late to stop adding fuel to the fire

-yuri

18. #38 SmokinP, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    The US gives aid to many countries, what is your point ?

Yip, you have told us many times about how we would have no phones without Israel.
    Does not change the fact that Israel has brought nothing but suffering and misery to the Middle East all because of a sick book of fairytales...

Did your alarm go off at the mention of Israel in a thread ?

19. Send us more money -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LmsI1viJsI

I never said ISIS was going to take over the world.

They could overthrow a couple governments and create their dream of an Islamic State.