How could ISIS possibly win?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Messiah Decoy, Feb 17, 2015.

1. What's their end game?

Why should we sacrifice anything to stop them?

3. I just read a story on this exact thing, and to be honest, no one had a definitive answer. I do know they see themselves as connected to the end of the world, a sort of harbringer. And from what is happening currently, they hope to impose Sharia Law on at least all of the Middle East. They say they fight a holy war, but I have read from escaped captives that their captors did not ever read the Quran.

4. Well I guess we're being haunted by the ghost of Saddam and Ghaddafi.

Arab Spring my ass. More like an Arab Winter.

• Like Like x 3
  5. They must partially believe in that shit if they're willing to kill or die to bring Shania Twain Law to the entire middle east.

Though I'm not sure how they can convince themselves that doing evil things and getting killed a couple months later would result in being welcomed in the pearly gates.

Their soldiers are beyond brainwashed.

We have brainwashed people on our side but our Manchurian Candidates don't want everyone to live under Shania Twain Law.

Big fucking difference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 iAmBetty, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    They'll "win" by not losing. Keep fighting and surviving until everybody else gives up. Keep the region unstable

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think their leaders are just using Islam as a tool to manipulate the masses. Maybe their footsoldiers believe they're carrying out Allah's will, but the people up top must know no God would condone genocide of a people they created.

• Like Like x 3
  8. #8 Julius Caesar, Feb 17, 2015
    There are so many non-believing Islam apologist it frightens me. Young muslim men are flocking into Syria and Libya in order to join the Islamic State and live under Sharia. You are trying to inflect your rational thinking onto their mindset. That is where you fail. These people are not rational in our sense of the word. However, every single last one of them believe they are the instruments of god's will. That is a more compelling force in their life than you or I can ever truly comprehend.

Anyone you criticizes an ideology without knowledge is ignorant. Anyone who defends an ideology without knowledge is also ignorant. Read the Quran and Hadith before trying to rationalize Islam as an ideology. Simply because it has 1+ billion adherents and is called a religion does not change the simple fact that it is an ideology, and therefore open to criticism in all forms.

This is a great documentary on the Islamic State by Vice News. They were imbedded and let the IS speak for themselves. This is what Islam does to the mind when left unchecked and unchallenged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUjHb4C7b94&list=PL7IlRqv9KObhP4EzNETLDrFWDfZd0aaC3&index=1

and another excellent Vice News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFZhQ4u2Cbg&list=PL7IlRqv9KObhP4EzNETLDrFWDfZd0aaC3&index=8

9. #9 SmokinP, Feb 17, 2015
    IS recruit online, not in a Mosque.

IS is an idea, a "crusade", an adventure, call it what you want but to a disillusioned young man in Saudi or indeed a ghetto in Paris IS offers an escape, a reason, a purpose and most importantly the possibility of fighting the state that has slaughtered 100's of 000's of their brothers - the USA...
    To IS fighters the USA really is the great Satan, they believe their "crusade" against the West is both honorable and righteous.

IS cannot win but they can also not be beat.

10. They win by enticing the West, in particular America, into yet another fruitless military excursion into the Middle East, which ramps up military spending and further increases national debt to the point of economic collapse. Same thing that happened 10 years ago, same thing today.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Thats a hallucination, we are all in this together, there are no 'brothers' who are seperated by a 'nation' or 'country', those are scapegoating titles they/we use to divide our selves. The sooner we begin to acknowledge this reality, the sooner we can begin to target these issues that are preventing us from moving forward.

• Like Like x 3
    A-rab Nuclear Winter you mean. More people then every in the middle east live under the thumb.

There end game is easy. There leadership's belief is steeped in end times insanity. There nothing more then a collection of bullies and idiots.

In terms of what there end game is...expansion to fulfill there idiotic belief system. They will continue to grow, do more brazen acts until there stopped.

There also facing some real issues as they grow larger. They produce nothing. There main source of revenue is selling oil on the black market which was great when it was 100 bucks a barrel but now that its super low its not the deal it was.

• Like Like x 1
  14. These idiots have made enemies of most of the Islamic world now...at least the parts that are in control of their people..like Egypt, Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Kuwait. ISIS is a fundamentalist SUNNI group who despises SHIA Muslims (think IRAN) so they will come to blows at some point with that lot if the 3rd Marines and maybe some Armored Brigade doesn't wipe the face of the Earth clean of them before hand.     The main reason President Obama is reluctant to call these criminals Religious fanatics is frankly beyond me....they dont represent mainstream Islam but they sure as hell do represent a sect of it....

This President is attempting to get a new authorization which will LIMIT the use of groundtroops and the time it takes to do the job which is infuriating. Under the current authorization for fighting terror he could use the entire Armed Forces for however long he so chose...setting some self limiting rules to tie your hand behind your back is just foolish. I'm hoping the Republicans and whatever sensible Democrats (yeah, I know, WHAT sensible Dems?) tell him HELL NO. don't limit what we can do. If there ever was a good reason to go fight someone this is it.

15. Indeed Rotties...

The IS jihad fan boys don't see it that way though, they are wound up from propaganda that they are being fed online. They are no different than their American brothers who have also been radicalised by propaganda fed to them by the US government.

Join the US military, serve your people and country and be a "hero". There is very little difference between a patriot/hero and a jihadi martyr. Both put their own lives on the line for some bullshit war their leaders have instigated.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 forty winks, Feb 17, 2015

Is there a way in which they will or might defeat themselves, or can they go on forever and a day?

17. It's as though each side is telling each other what to do. Does that work out ever? Why not try to listen, understand and go forth? Yes the pundits will say "oh, they don't know what it means to reason, these people are ruthless, etc." Well I say to you, our politicians act no better.

18. win? Dude they are terrorists. We arent sstopping them from winning. We are stopping them from slaughtering innocent Americans

-yuri

• Like Like x 1
    Agree on what the politicians say but in terms of listening to ISIS. There is no listening to someone who puts a human in a cage and burns them alive. There is no listening to a group of humans that rape boys, girls, men, women. List goes on and on. There is only one solution for them and that is there destruction be it by Western Powers or Middle Eastern or some sort of Coalition.

Expect there acts to increase in escalation and attacks on the west to be more frequent. There recruitment goes up when they do bold things. Eventually you know it, I know it the world knows it they will do something big or piss off the wrong Arab nation and they will be done.

• Like Like x 3
    Thats because we have perplexing leadership that fails on every level. The decisions or statements that our government make are so retarded that you could not even make this shit up.