Can the natural high compare with drug induced highs?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Messiah Decoy, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Any examples of potent natural highs?

2. for the most part no, runners high comes to mind but there is no comparison from a magnitude perspective. the most powerful natural high is probably dreams, which are very powerful. i believe dmt is involved with dreams, but i have no experience with that drug. 

3. What about the high of being completely in the moment? I don't know anything that can beat that. Meditation takes me to some damn high places too. Satori is the greatest high. That of seeing your own nature.

4. #5 -13 Amp-, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    i feel like accomplishment is a good "high", like finishing a project ive been working on, meeting a goal, winning a game...think about a kick returner returning the opening kick off for a touchdown in the super bowl...that has to be a great buzz.... and love (or lust) can be one of the strongest highs there is, makes people do really really crazy shit

5. Orgasm count?

6. #7 MaxK, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    No. Orgasm while high>normal orgasm.

OP: Try meditation or Lucid dreaming. Oh runners high, pretty damn incredible too. Those morning runs after 6-7 miles nonstop where you can feel and see the steam coming off of your body and you feel like a Super Saiyan(anime junkie).

7. I agree with the first part haha. And 6-7mi run would be a high... near-death experience.

8. Adrenaline rushes?

9. Weed is a natural plant that contains a drug, THC, so it is a natural high... Unless of course you mean a self-induced high without any third party substances. Love was previously stated and I agree with that statement.

10. Something unexpected like winning the lottery, sky diving

11. a couple days of sleep deprivation will you have you trippin ur nuts off 

12. THC at the most optimal experience causes severe short term memory loss. Therefore it brings you to the now. Unclouded by thoughts of past and future one can observe and experience details, feelings, connections that go unnoticed much of the time but form the basis of deeper reality. Some other dissociative drugs act similarly on humans. One can also reach the present moment with instantaneous concentration and attention, but it is usually fleeting. To make it last longer one must turn off typical brain activity which takes time, usually 10-20 minutes for a trained meditator. Deep meditation will uncover a hidden world and allow you to become familiar with your inner self. It is a better high than THC because it lacks the confusion usually associated with herbs.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

13. #14 Goldmine, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
    being in the same room as a girl

[​IMG]

14. working out.

-yuri

15. Mushrooms and Marijuana are both natural highs!

This is a very insightful way of looking at it.

It talks of the difference between those who experience the present moment with the help of THC, perhaps in a meditation state, and those who practice meditation without any plant assistance. Is the reaching of the present state more important than how we arrive at it?

In a way, for the westerner with our busy western lives, to be able to take the time, master, the kind of meditation states the Buddhist Monks attain may be impossible for most, so the use of THC seems to provide a kind of shortcut to the experience.

But yes, there can certainly be confusion, going from what feels like real peace, real presence, to something else in moments, which is never there after natural meditation. It is why for me I seem to be using less and less and wanting the pure meditation state, even though it is harder to maintain, sustain, even feel like I can begin sometimes. There is a certain discipline about it that seems not to be needed when I use THC - sometimes the easy path is not always the most beneficial.

Welcome to the forum by the way! It is good that you are 'now here'.