Low_Key Grow Op. (first grow)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Low_Key, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Hello and welcome to my Low_Key grow op. This grow was started with the aim of producing excellent quality buds with minimal overhead and decent yields all from the comfort of my own office. It began when a precarious balance between tolerance and financial capability was tipped to heavily in the formers direction. As a result I began looking into pre fab grow boxes and decided for budget purposes to purchase a cheap model from a fellow off craigslist. I got it for 95$ so a reduction of 155$ from the original price of 250$. Unfortunately the fans were not operational when I initially purchased the box and it didn't have a functioning thermostat or a method for the lights to be lowered from their stationary position 2 feet above the net pots. However, with a little tlc and 50$ at the hardware store I was able to get the box back to full functionality. So without further a due I give you my first grow box and indeed my first ever grow!

Attached Files:

2. What are you growing?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. That's not all the lighting you're going to use right?

4. I'm growing AK-47 auto fem, cream of the crop auto fem,420 auto fem, blue dream auto fem crazy miss hyde regular (going to be transplanted), and amnesia haze auto. And no it's not :) I've got more lumens sitting in waiting then i could ever use with the box's minimal heat capacity (the cpu fans don't provide much in the way of circulation) but for now I'm just giving the seeds a guide light for direction I won't add in additional high power bulbs (and accompanying extra fans) until they've sprouted their first real leaves I don't want to overwhelm them or create to warm of an environment and have them start dampening off.

5. Added a higher power cfl and a home made reflector here's some pics of the babies two days after being put in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum