I dont believe in God but...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by benjohnston332, Feb 15, 2015.

1. The OP is considering a religion. I gave reasons why its unnecessary to believe in God.

2. Do me a favour next time you are thirsty dont drink any of gods water and next time you are hungry dont eat any of gods food...
    dont do anything else in gods planet either... especially with the body god gave you... if its so unnecessary

Well it seems you would rather post things like this than even bother to read my posts or even find out anything about the subject i have been trying to discuss with you for a long time now.

I will finally take my leave after saying i will about 10 times now its just strange to me reading these responses it make no sense at all...

Not sure what you're trying to say. Have you or haven't you?

I never give links to anyone when discussing any matter with them. When I want to get my message through I write it in my own words.

Whether there are sites with "fake ayat" or not I don't know. But if there was those would probably be refuted pretty quickly since those fake verses are not in the Quran. What I know is in the Quran.

What makes you think I get my Quranic verses anywhere else??

You're calling me a liar without looking anything I've stated up. You can't just presume I'm making things up.

O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong-doers - 9:23

Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking security. Allah biddeth you beware of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying - 3:28

Therefore shun those who turn away from Our Message and desire nothing but the life of this world - 53:29

O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people (Didn't have a verse nr on this one in my notes, you could probably find it on Google or something)

I don't know the answers to what I don't know for a fact and I won't believe in any stories made up by someone who claims to speak to God even though their God couldn't reveal anything to them that we humans (today) could find using science.

I do believe in things though. Or rather don't believe. I don't believe there's a meaning or a purpose. I don't believe there's an afterlife and I don't believe in things told to me by people who couldn't present any facts or a trace of evidence.

I believe in physics, evolution and humanity. Religion insults all of the aforementioned.

Had God told us about atoms, bosons, quarks, fermions or any of the other particles then I would probably be convinced of your religion.

But "God" couldn't tell us about anything that the people who wrote down his message couldn't see with their own eyes. Except for all the superstitions like angels, spirits, souls, heaven and hell.

God didn't tell us that we lived in a universe with trillions of stars like our sun. Or trillions of planets, many of whom resemble ours. WE had to find out all of those things on our own. Even though God should know that we'd eventually find these things out and he could convince us of his message by telling us these things beforehand. But he did not.

God couldn't even fit evolution into this message. Or SEASONS. I mean how is someone in the far north of far south supposed to fast as the Quran requires when the day is 22 hours long during the summer? Because God didn't know about these things.

The Quran tells us that ALL PEOPLE received a messenger like the Prophet, Jesus and Moses. But the Quran didn't realize how big the world is and how many people lived in so many places. When did the Chinese receive their messenger? Or the Huaris? Or any of the African tribes? Or the Germanics?

They thought the whole world was made up of Asia and Europe.

First off I'm not saying the Quran is bad. Just wrong.

Yes, it is better to go to the source. That's what I base my statements on. But no I wouldn't say anyone should read the Quran unless they want their faith challenged (ironic I know).

But I'm not the only one who has apostatized that I know. Five people I know have left Islam. And I'm sure there are a lot of people near you who have done the same. But it's not something you talk about. It's dangerous to tell people you've apostatized. I didn't realize there were others in my city until after I left.

Did you become a Muslim because YOU read the Quran. Or did you listen/read about things that made Islam look nice and pleasant. Because those are the parts usually emphasized rather than the whole things.
    My parents sent me to sunday school where they taught us, amongst other things, the Quran. But they didn't teach us half the things in the Quran and especially not the history of the Prophet or Islam.

But when it comes to contradictions and errors, well people either don't understand/believe or want to believe they're there.

I've read the explanations to a lot of the contradictions and errors by Muslim scholars and they always blame it on misinterpretation or say it only applied to that time then and there. But their explanations are always a matter of wishful thinking rather than logic.

Thank you for reading. And I'm sorry for the long, long post. By the way I will be posting my evidence against Islam soon, if you're interested in reading it. I understand if you're not.

4. You have a deficit in communication and reasoning skills, thats likely why you like a book doing your thinking for you. God gave us a mind, i choose to use it.

5. It's cool how so many people have such different views. Jah bless my friends and thank you for your input

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I think that if you realise that organised religion is bullshit, it's not worth deluding yourself for the sake of "kindness and love" because you can find more genuine and true kindness and love elsewhere.

7. I wouldn't call religious people mindless per say. They just prefer to believe in something finite and allow themselves the piece of mind that their existence isn't haphazard and purposeless.