I dont believe in God but...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by benjohnston332, Feb 15, 2015.

1. #1 benjohnston332, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    Read this when you're high it might make more sense (if that makes sense...).

I am an atheist and I do not believe in God. However, when I look around I see the world and how perfect Earth is for sustaining life. We are truly so lucky that earth, out of the billions of planets is able to cater to our needs. Animals how they adapt to the environment and nature; it's just so pure bliss. How can this perfect sequence of events be the outcome of a scientific phenomena in which atoms collide. I honestly think there has to be a higher being who has planned all this out.

But then you look at God's followers. They're mindless who would do religious things without questioning their beliefs; which is something so significant in their lives. Times have changed from early day humans who lived mainly to survive. When we look at other animals they live to survive. We now days are so smart that we mostly live for pleasure and surviving is just something that takes care of it self. We are placed into a confinement and forced to plan out our future by the time we are 17. The world is painful. The weak will stay weak and the strong will continue to prosper. The middle class work hard and the higher classes benefit most. I feel mentally slaved until I can make it into the higher life. And that brings me back to Religion...

I do not believe in God but I want to be part of a Religion. I feel as though religious people are kind and loving. Religion to me is more of a love type of thing. Being religious blesses you with kindness and love but also poisons you with ignorance. Is the thought of being infected with ignorance worth love? To me yes. I'm too high to continue this anyways..

What are your opinions on this guys? Stay safe and toke up before answering.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Dryice, Feb 15, 2015
    I think it's pretty easy to feel like you're feeling. My belief is that the physics suggests to us that the world is inherently chaotic and disorderly, entropy being a big part of that, the Lorenz system, etc... and we're extremely lucky to find ourselves in a very orderly part of the universe.

I think Susskind says it best, try to ignore his ego at the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDgzRIiQ4b8

3. Study islam and ignore the haters telling you not to and you will have the awnser.. even if you decide to follow it or not.

4. Guys I will take the time to read and reply to your comments because I find this subject vey touchy to me. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

5. What!?

Chef.

6. ?

7. #7 ProSmoke87, Feb 15, 2015
    He said he thinks there may be a god and appreciates gods creation - thats including the herb you smoke. So i am pointing him in the right direction.

8. Just some food for thought guys

9. #9 Messiah Decoy, Feb 15, 2015
    I agree that Earth being perfectly suited for not just life, but human life and the evolution that resulted in human life is evidence of a creator or a planner.

Religion, on the other hand, is man-made IMO and I would never trust what another mortal claimed to know about God and the afterlife. Anyone claiming they know what God wants and what the afterlife involves is full of shit. I like religion as speculation, nothing more.

So these make me a deist. Someone who believes God is real but religion is nonsense.

10. .

Messiah Decoy just said how I feel, and he even gave a name for how I feel! Great man.

But yeh. I feel like it's obvious that the universe is "created" by a deity. The first obvious clue being, energy does not come from nowhere, this is plain and simple. I believe, notice I said "believe" and not "know", that at one point "the creator" (is what I like to call it) was just chillin, heard that song "don't you want somebody to looooove, don't you need somebody to loooove", and started expanding his energy from one point outward. This theory coincides with the Big Bang Theory, all I'm doing is adding counsciousness to the pin pointed energy in the beginning.

This is a fairly new theory of mine, and I'm sure in due timew that I'll have more to add.

Sent from a Pineapple under the Sea.

11. Sure thing. I discovered the term "deism" on grasscity so I pass it along when I can. :)

12. #12 TesseLated, Feb 15, 2015
    Deist thoughts all well, but believe in a Source of Consciousness that has no beginning or end...Energy that has developed the capacity to create and organize...and that conscious in in us and in everything....in every atom..permeating everything and even gives us the ability-with that Consciousness to express our/It's soul through music, art, and language.

When we create these positive actions with our words thoughts and deeds, "God" /Conscious Energy/Conscious Awareness is realized through us. This is why were are here....to experience pain and joy through this physical life and go through the next stage.

IMO
    *Supposedly the Founding Fathers (lol) where Diests.

13. I believe in karma and pre-destination.  And suffering.  And heaven.  I believe in God.  I don't believe in any organized religion though.  You don't have to believe in christianity to be religious or believe in God.  I've had much of your thoughts.  Ive witnessed nature in a manner that said "God must be real".  And so on.  Thanks.

14. I would recommend you explore the nature of 'God' yourself, dont rely on few thousand year old religion to tell you. Even if they are based on truth, they degrade with time, this isnt to say you cannot study religions and find some degree of truth in them, but as a system to which you must adhere, i would steer clear of that.

15. I am of God. Follow the breeze like the down feather, and you will know it too. The reality of your existence can shine through and the true self may be known. That blessed awareness! That pure and primordial, which is before all things, housed within your own heart, vibrating the unstruck sound-current of the Naad. In Sunn Samaadhi true knowledge blooms from the source. Wisdom becomes the body, the speech and the soul. Place single pointed attention and find the way.

This is me. My description of my path. I've clarified it for my self. I continue to do so. Yet these are just words. So to you have words, but you must find them within you. You must seek out what you are within yourself.

Perfection? Earth does not adapt to living creatures. Living creatures adapt to earth.

Question is if you have read the Quran? I spent my entire life having Islam confirmed to me by my surroundings. Its teachings being deemed as the only truth. But when I read the Quran myself I, ironically, apostatized. It doesn't take a genius to understand that this entire religion was made up by mortals as they went along. And it doesn't take a lesser genius to understand that Muslims are the ones convincing each other that their religion is in fact the truth by taking every single detail they can find and turning it into something that justifies the religion. But the matter of fact is that the Quran is full of contradictions and errors in the fields of science, morality and history.

18. #18 ProSmoke87, Feb 15, 2015
    Believe whatever you want to and do whatever you want to but from my own experiences in life i know for a fact god exists and i know for certain that the Quran came from god also. Yes i have read it and i dont see where you found contradictions? I would ask you to tell me what those are but frankly this is a weed forum and smoking weed is a sin because it intoxicates you. As is alcohol.. and i do have respect for islam no matter how i act (yes i am a sinner) but would not want to talk about it on here out of respect for it. I follow my desires as do a lot of us but i am not going to actively give out false information and lies about muslims and a religion because i have faults and sin and want to turn my nose up at it.
    I just follow my heart and i try not to give up in gods mercy and forgivness... god is known in islam as the beneficent and merciful one and also as the most loving one. So you are a fool to yourself if deep down you have the truth infront of you and want to actively try to lead others away from it because your so stuck in your own sins.......
    Also one of allahs names he is known as the forgiving one and it teaches if your sins where to fill the full world and be as deep as the ocean if you where to turn to god sincerely and ask for forgiveness and not do it again or at least try your best he would forgive you. 

The guy asked a question and i am telling him to actually ignore everyone else trying to put him off.. because yes we all know how in the west especially how islam is made out to be. I can tell you though the lies that are told regarding it are absolute bullshit and they are mostly told by corrupt people or ignorant people who are being lead astray. 
    As i said i am not perfect and at the moment i am not practicing the religion either. It was only a few months ago i was drinking myself to death until i found something online saying that drinking alcohol can permanently damage the brain (no joke) Islam says not to drink and look at how a lot of people are when they do. It can make you stupid and violent and do things you sometimes regret.

I was drinking for years i started when i was a kid about 13-14 so its a constant battle at times giving it up.. as is any desire.
    Then again i think lifes a test you either pass or you fail and you have the freedom to make your own choices in life.. but in the end theres a price and many people dont want to come to terms with that or their evil doing.

Yes.... Islam teaches you to ward off evil and keep away from harmful and dirty things.
    By the way i am a white Englishman 27 year old and i used to be an ignorant racist with some support for the BNP so i have no reason to lie. I have turned my back on those beliefs completely anyway.

I know theres people out there that will probably respond to this with a load of bullshit and nonsense saying how evil the religion is and in reality your not only lieng about islam you are also lieng to yourself.

Listen to nobody else.... just read it and if its not for you so be it but it takes an intelligent person not a stupid one to gain knowledge and think for themself.
    Oh and a muslim has to help the poor and give to charity... its one of the 5 pillars of the religion... its far from bad and evil i just think people hate any kind of control and dont want any accountability for their actions at all so dont want to admit the truth.

I am different.
    PEACE

19. #19 ProSmoke87, Feb 15, 2015
    So yeah in my view dont be so cowardly to lie to yourself and others if you know the truth.. and if you are just going off what you are told by other people and the media then its your problem for not finding knowledge yourself because in reality it is an important subject.. and if you are a wise person you should want to know where you came from and what is the meaning of life but dont put your ignorance onto others and speak about things you have no idea about if you simply do not know or have not bothered to study and learn or simply do not have the awnsers.

Oh and have the balls to just come out with it and tell people about things like i do instead of joining an ignorant crowd.

Laters everyone.

20. Had to edit my message a few times made a few mistakes heh