When is a TI nail too old?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by NYCchronic, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Alright guys so here are some details I have owned my HE dualiti for about 1 year. I am a daily dabber I dab about a half gram a day maybe more sometimes so like 15-20 dabs a day. This would be about 7000 dabs give or take taken on this one nail (20x365=7300) but I have other nails that I use. The HE is by far my most used nail. Use it about 85% of the time.

Anyways of course the nail doesnt retain heat like it once did or heat up as fast but that doesnt bother me. I want to know at what point you guys think a nail is actually deterring the experience. Mine doesnt seem to have rust on it, Idk if you guys have ever had a rusty nail just a heads up.

Let me know what you think!!!! 

Thats the nail there!!!

Attached Files:

2. I dont think it gets "too old"
    Maybe over time it wont work as well and looks nasty. Just buy a new nail theyre not thst expensive

3. i consider a nail done after a year. really its less than that, as every time you heat the nail up it does something to reduce its ability to heat up and retain the heat. what really ruins a nail is heating it up red hot, if you keep it heated just to where you need it then it will last a bit longer. the main risk is the oxidation, but its unlikely that any dust would get through the water and up the mouthpiece. its best to clean it though, obviously. easiest way is to scrape it out, but you can also dip it in water and dry it off really fast (not with heat) and that will work as well

4. I heard water ruins ti and makes it oxidize faster.

It can if you dont dry it off fast enough, but when you have a really oxidized nail, even after dipping in water and not drying it super fast the nail will still have less oxidation. Obviously that depends on how old the nail is though. Usually after a quarter of shatter my nail has a gunk thats hard to scrap off without water

6. 20 dabs off a half G? You take some small dabs sir. I can get 5 nice dabs off a half G. Anyways I would get a new one if I were you. When it comes to Ti its better safe then sorry. We are all the test subjects for this as its relatively new. You should get a HE Infinity nail. It cost a pretty penny at first but saves money over the long run as you can just get new heads instead of a whole new nail.

7. Should have replaced that nail 6months ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I'm going to keep dabbing of my ti nail till the taste is noticeably different

9. I guess nails get too old when they start to get a white film. That's the oxidation.

Or when they fill with gunk that can't be scraped. Bubble ruins nails.

10. good question, i wondered this my self. I have that oxidation. so maybe its time. ive had the nail since end of summer.

11. I replace my infinity head every 4-6 months

12. #12 CanadianOrganic, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    Yeah...if it's shitty bubble hash. Well made 90u can be dabbed cleanly. You need at least an 8-bag kit.

13. #13 DabsOnTheMountain, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Yup.
    It's some shitty bubble hash.
    No denying it.

But even the best hash leaves more residue than oil. Oil leaves none.

14. #14 CanadianOrganic, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Honestly I haven't made ice water hash yet; my bubblebags are on the way ^.^ very excited though. I had always thought nice bubble left no residue. But I guess everything does somewhat.
    Been a BHO fan till my buddy Urbmon convinced me to try it