History - written by the winners

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Feb 14, 2015.

That's like saying eventually the Taliban would have turned into libertarians ...

of course i didn't personally fact check anything. don't recall anyone in high school going on personal research quests.

my point was that when it comes to history, you usually have more than one truth or more than one version of the events. and given today's access to information you can pick the one you like.

plenty of people believe that confederate states were the "good guys".
    i don't care either way about civil war.

and i have to say that some things that i learned in history, i later found out to be false. or historically inaccurate.  
    (let's take the truth about marijuana as an example). 

3. I will give this one big ass thumbs up. You hit that straight on the head.

4. correct.
    If you know tthis then I don't understand the previous post.

-yuri

i was just saying that history is not always written by "the winners".
    example of that was my link to the view of the war of 1812 from Canadian, UK and USA perspectives. 

6. I highly recommend anyone with enough time to watch this, it gives a unique perspective on history by examining wealth and the control of money creation.

http://youtu.be/iDtBSiI13fE

7. -Henry Ford

8. #48 Nugagerube, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    What about the civil war? Do you think the north seceded instead? By no means do I think we were the good guys. We went through the south and burned everything to the ground. Likewise the south surround our base and attack after they seceded. War generally doesn't allow ppl to pick sides. War is all bad.

Are you saying that the stuff we knew to happen didn't? I don't know bit ill stick to what its typically called fact until their overwhelming evidence that their was in fact an alternate timeline created for the Civil War and the true story was hidden.

The north won. Germany lost in WW2. Persia lost to Greece. So they're made out to be bad (some wud be bad even if they won) but basically who ever the winner was gets to skew the story in their favor but I dont think it extends to flat out fabricating stories unless in extreme circumstances. But generally history is what happened. There isn't a wide spread conspiracy going. Or is there? IMO naw.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. So what is to learn from all this?

-yuri

10. Book history is only a small part of actual, lived history.  We, as a species, have very long memories and they live inside our heads, only some of them are expressed is falsifiable documents.

11. #51 Nugagerube, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    that we have to rely on others for our history because we were not there or know anyone who was. So you can be reasonible skeptic as to how real the stories are but to dismiss all the history because we never can really know isn't a good argument.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app