Question about airliners

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ReturnFire333, Feb 14, 2015.

1. How is stow away baggage on airliner jets examined or security? By stowaway obviously I mean the large bags that go on the under inside of the plane, stuff that can't be carried on. How are those bags examined for security?

Do they only x ray them? Do they open them up and go through the stuff? Are you allowed to lock stow away luggage?

2. I googled it and it seems the stow away bags are primarily examined by x rays,  with suspicious bags sent to be examined trough a more comprehensive x ray system.

3. #3 Bob Barker, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    The TSA is now watching you since you googled about their search protocol.  

4. I always put a padlock on my hold luggage, heard too many stories about airline staff fucking around with peoples' bags. But I think if they have reasonable suspicion to open it….they will.

Also seen them use sniffer dogs on hold luggage, but I don't know if that's all the time..or I've just happened to see it a few times.