Midwest growers unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TreeBird43, Feb 14, 2015.

1. I'm in. Until I move that is.

2. Mn. Has changed to medical but it's going to be hard to get a card by what I've been told.

Anyone know for sure?

3. #563 SenecaIndian, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    I go by when they first show bud set.

4. We have some nice young flower formation... And a shot of the full foliage ... I am keeping them pruned because it was blocking a lot of light with them growing free, growth seems to stay the same. I leave the smaller immature fan leaves on and let them grow up before pruning them. 

Attached Files:

5. Picture of the mother 'Amnesia Haze' I had to take her out of the tent for a bit to get her enough light not to flower... I stopped at home and shut the lights off while I was working, I was paranoid about the storm maybe causing the dreaded E2 error on the A/C which shuts off the compressor ... I really need to get my sensor to shut everything off if the temp gets too high so I don't need to worry about it when i'm gone.

Attached Files:

6. Whats cal mag deficiency do to plant growth in flower?

7. Most likely it will either be stunted and not produce as much, or it will be shocked and just stop growing for a few days. With any deficiency from what I have read you need to first check the Ph and make sure it's not a high or low Ph situation causing the plant to not be able to uptake nutrients.

8. Yeah i know what it is cause i haven't added it to my res for two weeks,,, r,o, water, not adding cal mag,,,

9. it kills them slowly depending on how progressed it is.

You will see slow growth, minimal stretching, yellowing/dying off from the bottom of the plant upwards. Yield will be shit, the bud will be airy with no density. Magnesium is important in flower production. I recommend using some Epsom salts at 1gram per gallon for a feeding to help correct it. Depending on how long they have been blooming you might not get them fixed before harvest. Note when you started seeing the def and plan accordingly on the next run. Epsom is also chock full of sulfur which is a key in flavonoid and terpene production. Hope this helps!

10. And to add to the discussion about flower times,

I always judge strains from the day they enter the 12/12 area. For me it is much easier on my schedule to keep track of how many days that plant will eat up real estate than to add and subtract days for transition ect. I know from the day I put a chronic thunder into bloom that in 60-65 days I will be trimming it. When I put a sour d into bloom I know that it will hang out for 70 days before I harvest it. Just easier for me to say ok I moved a sour d into bloom today, in 70 days that plant comes out and I can utilize that space for another plant.

11. If thats the case then wouldn't it be in my additives and bloom boosters? Advanced nutrients

12. im unfamiliar with their products but you could easily look at the nutrient profile your running and see what lvls your feeding at. I use General Hydroponics nutrients but use Epsom over cal mag due to the high cal content of the coco coir medium I'm using.

13. Roots shot

Attached Files:

14. that's very impressive! :metal:
    I didn't realize your were hydro..

15. Need you a bigger bucket, girl!
    Great roots!

16. Mine have a ways to go yet. 
    This is them today.

IMG_0843.JPG   IMG_0844.JPG

17. #577 yinjnvb, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    Glad to read your thread. I call Cali my home now but happen to dabble in the hand shaped state a little. [​IMG][​IMG]

18. So i have a cal mag deficiency,, since i neglected to add it for two weeks,, and emptying my res last night and cleaning out the bucket im assuming i caused some shock because i woke up this morning and it didn't eat, just water,,, ,, any ideas? Or am i spot on? Everything has been fine up till last night,, even with the cal mag deficiency it was eating and drinking fine,,

19. What's up guys, this is my first grow here and I'm looking for some help. I just had two seeds sprout up, one has the first set of leaves on it and the other still has the seed on it. I put them into pots and under a light yesterday around 4. They are under a 600w mh about 30" above them. It is air cooled so they aren't feeling any heat really. Humidity is 60 and temp is 79 in the tent. They haven't grown much at all from yesterday. I'm running an 18/6 light cycle. I watered them yesterday until I got runoff and then about 24 hours later they were still a tad moist so I only watered a little bit. My question is why haven't they had much growth at all? Or should it be a while before I start to see any significant growth. The one on the right hasn't done much at all but the other has gone up a little bit. Idk if the leaves are supposed to be curling like that right now or not but I need some advice. As I said, I am a new grower so all advice will b considered. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432950141.924331.jpg
    You can't really see the stem on the one on the right but it's about a half inch long. Someone give me some advice asap please!

Thanks guys! Hope everyone is having a good Friday night!

20. They look good to me, seeds take time lol just be patient and you'll be alright