Midwest growers unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TreeBird43, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Midwesters I KNOW there is a special deathstar cut up in here. Were is it at.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I had some death star the end of last summer and found a seed but haven't grown it yet

3. I've got a 6' in veg atm. :p , been a staple of my garden for years.

4. She is a staple of ours now. The Death star is some good week.[​IMG][​IMG]

5. I wish I could get my hands on some death star clones or seeds. I found a bagseed in some a while ago but it could be anything honestly, I didn't grow it so who know but its was amazing bud whatever it was

6. Hey guys!  I spend most of my time over in the Organic subforum, but I'm glad I stumbled on this thread today.  I'm in the 515.  My journal (link) hasn't been getting much action...feel free to stop by and check things out.  I'm still a rookie for sure and I'm working on building my organic soil, so things should only get better from here.

The Skunk Haze I have flowering right now has had a colorful life, so I'm afraid she's a little too ugly to post here right now.  At least until she really starts budding out.  

I was just gifted a local strain called Void Ripper this weekend.  It's super stretched, and went from hydro to soil when I got it, so we'll see what happens.  I've also got a Medusa male from Nirvana that is under a CFL till he drops pollen, two more Medusa (probably) ladies that were going to 12/12 on May 6, but I decided to give them some more veg time, so they'll go May 27 instead.  And then there are three Papaya babies from Nirvana that are just about a week above ground. 

7. Subbed from badger state!

8. #368 TreeBird43, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  9. interesting stuff I will drift over and check your grow out.

I wouldn't worry about moving from hydro to soil. Give the roots a chance to grab the soil and it will take off.

Show us the skunk haze anyways. No shame here. A lot of us fail to post our mistakes on GC but our mistakes our the best teachers and exactly what I hope new growers stumble on when joining GC. Maby they won't make the same mistakes we have made. We can only hope.

I've been neglecting the city and this thead lately but I'll try to do better. Got lots of fun stuff brewing in my camp.

Current Grow: 1k Multi-Strain

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1252985-cloud-delta9.html

10. Right on. Here's some Haze pics. I have a hard time sharing my mistakes, but you're right. They're usually the best teachers. Basically, stuff started going wrong and I panicked and tried to fix it and made it worse. Then I realized I was going to miss the deadline for this plant if I vegged it out so into the bloom room it went. It then there doing nothing for several weeks while it recovered. So I may still miss my deadline, but I learned some stuff. And the deadline wasn't critical, so all's good either way.

uploadfromtaptalk1430265887660.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1430265916489.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1430265928075.jpg

First pistils showed on 4/20, more popping up every day now. Should at least harvest something. I'm hoping for an ounce, since despite the stress it's bigger and in a better environment temp-wise than my last plant, which yielded a very fluffy ounce.

And since this is the Midwest thread, the deadline was to have it dry and semi-cured for the Project Earth festival in MN in June. Anyone else going? It's a pretty small festival so probably not.

11. Looks good to me man here's our bag seed almost a month since lights filp ed had a few problems started out vegging under a 150 w hps.

Attached Files:

12. Looking good! Mine took 27 days just to show pistils lol. She was apparently SUPER pissed about the wet feet and the topping...

13. That blue dream that I had running. Chopped it down awhile ago
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430283695.501630.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430283706.105260.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430283718.213141.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430283737.223853.jpg

Hope all you Midwesters are doing well! Smoke em if you got em

:wave: :smoke:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #374 omarfolks, Apr 29, 2015
    im a neebie had to kill my first grow unfortunately because my inlaws moved in for 2 weeks and now that they are gone im moving
    so im going to start my grow soon hopfully
    going to be doing some nsn seeds even though they arnt what they claim and going to be ordering from ngr once i move wich i just noticed they are 6 hrs from me
    are they open to the public?

Btw the ones that wer killed were candy kush from auto seeds and sweet dark devil from sweet seeds

15. #375 84VetteGrower2, Apr 29, 2015
    Here they are 1 week in ... The one to the left is Amnesia Haze from Seed Supreme in the U.K , the other 3 are Pinapple Punch from the same .. Amnesia is feminized , the Pineapple Punch is Auto-fem... I'm planning on using the Amnesia haze as a mother since it's female I can just clone it whil eit's in veg the whole time and never take it out. Also since I don't need to adjust the lights for the autos all should be good to keep a mother going.

The one in the top right had a little mishap and i just planted a new seed so it will be a few days behind the rest.

My ghetto a/c rig is really working nicely too , with my modifications to it, I keep both temp sensors taped to the floor where I have found it to be the coolest , I keep the thermostat on the A/c at around 80 and that keeps it around 75 in the tent.

I'm thinking early July the autos will be ready to go. This strain is supposed to be a high yielder, and damn that tent makes it bright in there.

And to clarify ... that is one week since starting them in water to germinate , not 1 week of above ground growth , only about 3 days since breaking the soil top.

Attached Files:

16. Just chopped the ak. Toady was day only day 55 but it looks done to me and I couldn't help myself so I chopped her

Attached Files:

17. #377 84VetteGrower2, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
    Man these babies are growing fast ... The next pictures probably won't be until they are a little more impressive but still i have a 5 finger set coming up on both the Pineapple Punch that were already broken ground. The 3rd one is now up out of the dirt from planting the seed.

You can see the pictures better if you open it in a new tab.

Attached Files:

18. What's up midwesters?

Chopped this Red Purps down yesterday, will have more pics once I do the dry trim
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430588467.209835.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430588480.181813.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430588497.940117.jpg

:wave: it's got some decent coloring to it

19. Hey vette. Were running a pretty similar setup. I think you'd benefit greatly from taking that AC out of the tent and running passive intake or pump it in. I'll post some pics of how I set up mine. Twas brutal on my ladies till I dialed it in proper.

20. That color man and mix in the frost just beautiful good job man :).