Smoking and pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by shostpn420, Feb 12, 2015.

1. your a fucking moron if you smoke while pregnant.

2. the same reason you dont smoke cigarettes. they are still getting the carcinogens

3. You shouldn't be smoking anything when you're pregnant.

4. mE ma was smoookin loT wen eye us babEee n thare nucleon wOng mE!

5. Be carefull the doctor may test you for thc. If your on Medicare you may get a visit form the social worker next time you go to the doctor.. We did.

6. #26 SMOCATRON, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    What the fuck, stop smoking! Any smoking is bad for the baby.
    I fucking hope this is a joke or troll...

7. #27 Oni~, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    As we all fondly remember the good ole 60's, women were pounding booze and cigarettes left and right and spawned healthy little creatures over and over.

...except for those who didn't.

All we have confirmed so far is that smoking, granted nicotine is meant, can very negatively affect the baby.   It doesn't have to, but it absolutely can and does in many cases.  

Until you have some confirmed studies indicating there is something beneficient for the baby about smoking Ms. Jane,  why risk it?    

We all love the green here, but if it's making you gamble on your child's health, you might want to reevaluate your relationship with it.

PS.  I don't think anyone doubts that it is "good" for the mother, as it obviously helps with appetite, relaxes her, and  just makes life more fun.   That is however a completely separate conversation since the baby's undeveloped brain then also has to process it and that is a whole different neural environment. 

I'll gladly change my stance if contradictory proven studies are published.   I'd want the woman carrying my child to be relaxed too were I looking to have one, but until that is the case, it seems foolish to gamble.

8. SMH it's def safer than smoking crack during pregnancy.

"May The Force Be With You"

9. I mean if you can drink wine in moderation even tho alcohol is detrimental to the development of the baby, I don't see why you can't get high in the same moderation..

I probably wouldn't smoke tho. Maybe edibles and oil. Some of y'all need to calm down tho lol it is not that serious to resort to personal attacks when there are people who would do things far worse without any consulting. I'm pretty sure if she didn't care about the safety of her child, she wouldn't have asked.

10. This is a tough one, you'll even get different answers from doctors.  Some will obviously say NEVER and some will say it's ok.  I would think at least vaporizing or using a different method of delivery than smoking would be preferred.

My sister in law smoked through her whole pregnancy and the child is amazing healthy and very advanced for her age.  Aside from the combustion byproducts, I wouldn't be afraid if my wife were using cannabis while pregnant.

Just my thoughts.

11. #31 TheAnswer121, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
    don't do it[​IMG]

edit: unless Granny confirms it is not detrimental, which i doubt she would

12. Ive known many women including myself who smoked weed throughout pregnancy and all is just fine. I think its better to take a few hits and relax rather than stress out because you cant have any.