Smoking and pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by shostpn420, Feb 12, 2015.

1. So im almost five months and I love to smoke. My husband loves smoking too, he doesn't see a problem with it. But I keep hearing some say I'll hurt the baby. I don't believe it, but what's your say on it?

2. Don't do it man! What do you love more smoking or your baby?

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

3. Who knows if it'll hurt the baby....I'm sure if you've been smoking the first 5 months of your pregnancy the harm, if any, is already done.

Personally, I would forgo smoking for the sake of the baby and the worry it would cause me by possibly harming my child's future health...

good luck....

4. I ask opinions only to know how others feel about weed and pregnancy. I have an almost four year old who is above average mentally. He amazes me every day, and extremely healthy. I smoked during my entire pregnancy with him as well. If it causes birth defects...why is it used for so much medical use? this is the first I ever.heard someone tell me it could hurt my child. Which is why I turned to others I don't know.

5. I have a lot of friends that have babys that smoked when they were pregnant. None of the kids have anything wrong with them. I have always noticed that they are always hyper as shit though, but that could be completely unrelated. Everything you put into your body your baby gets a taste of, so me and my wife would assume the baby would be high too and it felt unnecessary. My wife and I were highly against smoking while she was pregnant, but everyone's different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. If you were pregnant with my child I can tell you right now, you would not be smoking.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

7. Don't don't don't

8. #8 SlightlyStonedSD, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  9. Why would you even consider doing it?

Chef.

10. Cannabinoid ingestion, especially if it's to help with appetite(in those rare cases with pregnancies) or sickness and general stress (which are detrimental to growth), can be beneficial.

But smoking lowers o2 concentration in blood. So vaping would be a much better route while pregnant for Cannabinoid ingestion.

11. We have a vapor that we use, I just have problems with my eating habits and blood clots. I was told it could be beneficial from a doctor. But my friend said I'm harming my child. Last pregnancy I was encouraged to smoke.

12. I read an article about women in Jamaica that smoke while they are pregnant. Like you mentioned earlier, they also reported that their children seemed to be intelligent. Idk though, don't take anything I say for good fish.

13. #13 Buffalo Beano, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    There have been very limited studies on the subject so you're not really going to find a definitive answer.

When we were pregnant my wife quit completely and if I smoked I would not do it around her. I'm sure in moderation it would okay but we didn't want to risk it.

Our baby's health is more important than smoking.

Just keep in mind what you take into your body will also be shared with your growing baby

14. you might as well ask the same about all the pharmaceuticals we ingest. Just because something is used for medicinal purposes doesn't mean it's harmless.

15. I'm a pharmacy technician. The medicine we take is made with so many different things. It not grown from the ground. I have been prescribed heparin for my blood deficiency while being pregnant...I don't think I should take it instead of a natural plant. But all in all everyone has opinions and I have respected every one of them

16. I would rather take something natural as well, but again, just because it's natural doesn't mean it's harmless.

Ultimately all you can do is what you think is best for your family.

17. You guys remember something bout a heparin contamination that had traces of synthetic heparin in it, due to overseas outsourcing.

18. You're asking because you don't know and no one else knows for sure either.  If there's doubt, do without.  Why risk anything as important as the welfare of your child?  But it's your kid, if you feel getting high is worth the possibly non existent chance of damaging it that's your business.

19. This is beyond fucked up and even more so that you are asking about it in a forum when it could possibly harm your child. Nothing is even worth the possibility of that.

It makes me sad that some people cannot conceive and you are taking a gamble with the child you are ACTUALLY carrying because you love to smoke so much.

20. I've heard some doctors prescribe mj to help with the sickness.  I've read a little about it, and what I read was positive. 
    In Jamaica it is common apparently to smoke while pregnant :)