Pasco, Washington

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dokc, Feb 12, 2015.

1. #1 dokc, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-0uqFTBclo

Yahoo News
    Officers Ryan Flanagan, Adam Wright, and Adrian Alaniz arrived at the parking lot of a Fiesta Foods grocery store around 5 p.m. local time on Tuesday, where suspect Antonio Zambrano-Montes threw rocks at them, Pasco Police Chief Bob Metzger said in a statement.
    The officers attempted to use a stun gun to incapacitate Zambrano-Montes after he would not obey commands to surrender, before they opened fire and killed him, the statement said.
    "Fleeing from police and not following an officer's command should not be sufficient for a person to get shot," ACLU of Washington Director Kathleen Taylor said in a statement, according to the Seattle Times.
    Two officers were hit by rocks in the incident, police said. They were treated at the scene, and the extent of their injuries was not provided.
    \nThe officers were placed on administrative leave, as per department policy, the statement said.
    Full article:
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-washington-state-fatally-shoot-man-threw-rocks-064717719.html
    \nNBC News
    Metzger said Antonio Zambrano-Montes threw at least one "softball size" rock and did not respond to the officers' orders to put down the projectiles. He said officers deployed a Taser, but that it had no effect on Zambrano-Montes.
    Amateur footage was posted to YouTube but its authenticity could not be immediately verified by NBC News. A request to police for comment on the video was not immediately returned.
    Full Article:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pasco-washington-man-fatally-shot-police-after-throwing-rocks-n304921

And of course, for anyone who finds these invalid:
    Its called google.
    Full Site: 
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl

Just some food for thought....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azvSWAwFG1s

2. #2 yurigadaisukida, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    I'm thinking the shooting is probly justified but I'd like to see video evidence before deciding for sure

Stoning is assault with deadly weapons.

We used to throw stones to execute people

-yuri

3. I think that the Taliban still does.  

4. That video was pretty convincing for me.  It looked as if a gang of police ran down the guy and shot him point blank.

5. #5 yurigadaisukida, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    the video shows after the fact.

The person was allegedly throwing stones. The video shown is extremely biased. I can't help but wonder what videos and testimonials were left out

If a man was throwing rocks at cops, then the cops are 100% in their right to sshoot him

Also wtf is up with the second video? Animal control captures an alligator. OK?

Still on the cops side with this one

Lets not let cop hate make us blind and 100% anti cop regardless of evidence

-yuri

6. #6 ReturnFire333, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015

The man didn't get shot because he was throwing rocks. He got shot because of that quick jolt forward while extending his hands at :17 seconds. As soon as I saw that move I dismissed the video/title as more police brutality sensationalist garbage.

Edit: I was partly wrong they fired shots at him across the street. That is reckless, overbearing, and unnecessary but technically justified. He probably would have been fine if he was not hit from the first shots if he did not make that sudden movement at :17.

:17 seconds the man jolts around and extends his hands. Looked even to me like he could have been trying to point a gun.

8. He had just thrown rocks and couldn't have had a gun in his hand.  It was in broad daylight and the cops were close enough to see clearly.  I do think it's hard to really judge with certainty from seeing a grainy video shot from down the block and would like to think the cops didn't simply gun him down but it looks to me like that's what happened.  My first wife threw big rocks at me and if I would have had a gun in my hand I may have shot her (not really) but not because I thought she was dangerous, I was crazy mad. She hit my '54 VW bug.  Second thought on the video, it was probably justified. Fuckin bitch rock thrower...  

9. Ultimately it seems that cops didn't act recklessly and don't deserved to be charged with anything. Despite that, it seems that the best thing would have been to approach in a non lethal manner. Of course it's easy to say that now knowing the guy didn't have any weapons on them. How big of a rock are we talking? Cause if it was some pebbles then it's completely different from him having a big stone. All in all it's pretty hard to judge based off the video.

He was turned from the police (back facing them) he could have easily produced a gun from his waist band.

11. Maybe he could have but turning your back on cops isn't an excuse for them to shoot.  Having said that it does look as if he could have been acting as if he had a gun.  Either way, gun or no gun, he was too stupid to live.

12. If a person opened fire and killed someone for throwing rocks they would almost certainly be charged and tried, not given a paid vacation and let loose. Whether or not the shooting is justified, every pig involved in a shooting should have to stand a full trial every time and prove their innocence. This shit about taking a pigs word every time needs to come to a screeching halt. They should be held to higher standard and punished far more harshly that a human would be for the same crime if found guilty.

Except for calling them pigs, I completely agree.  They are supposed to be fully trained professionals, with their emotions in check and have better judgement than us schlubs.

14. we thought forty winks was for us, not the cult leader

15. Who is "us" and who is this cult leader you speak of?

the head?

17. Forty winks is the cult leader

18. the head?

booya