Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any indica aficionados in the house?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by LEDswag, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Smoking on my hybrid dank right now, just had a thought. Who out there is really into indicas? I understand the appeal of a couch lock or body stone after a long day of work or maybe on a day off, but everybody I know who has been smoking for years and years always prefer sativa. I know I've preferred the uppity head high of sativa as for quite a while myself, and would like to know if there's any devout indo-life livers out there who can explain their experiences with the two and why they prefer indicas.

2. i'm probably the odd man out, but i cannot really tell any difference between full sativas and full indicas. i have gotten many up beat, wide awake highs from full indicas and full sativas. i have also gotten the opposite. i realize i didn't answer your question but i think a "great deal" of any high starts with how we feel at the moment.

3. Both sativas and Indicas contain exactly the same chemical constituents. Sativas TEND to have a higher thc to cbd ratio accounting for the maxim sativas give a better head high while Indicas tend to have a bit more cbd which  gives a more body high..though the hybrids can be all over the place. 99.9% of all the weed grown out there today is Indica or Indica hybrid. TRUE pure sativas are rare if just because of the time it takes to flower them. A pure Indica can give you a good head high if picked early and a late harvest sativa will resemble an Indica...Hope this helps.

4. In the medical marijuana states it seems that it's much easier to find indica strains on the black market. It's like there's 8 indicas out there to every sativa.

5. I only smoke indica when I'm wanting to sleep

6. I can only get indica

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I believe that's because the Indicas don't take as long to produce.

8. no they don't for certain, the last full sativa run i did, Ace seeds Purple Haze, took about 22 weeks in flower.

9. You're not alone...what most people call sativas are usually indica hybrids. It is rare to find sativas on the market. I grow them for myself...but I don't care if they take 8 months to flower. I'm a stubborn cuss who will wait em out.

10. #10 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    If I had smoked an Indica the first time i smoked, I wouldn't still be using Cannabis 57 years later.

11. Truer words were ne'r spoken. Pure sleeping medicine that stuff...it takes some sativa influence to make it worthwhile..unless you reallly love sleep.

12. I love indicas, especially indica hashishes. It's rare to find good indica bud around here tho because everyone here's all about sativa so that's the market, but when it comes around I tend to go on binges  :bongin:  :yummy:

I've always been kinda lazy, distracted and laid-back anyway so maybe that's why I love them so?

13. Medical pain relief seekers like Indica.

14. #14 HBK, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    Eh, I'll smoke everything as long as it has a nice smell to it and it's tasty, smooth, and just a good high.

EDIT: I do love NL#10 though.

15. #15 DabsOnTheMountain, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    LOL... I never have any idea what I'm smoking. It's the only positive to PA. I feel like people get caught up in names. It's always something different here. The only strains we ever got were Alaskan Thunderfuck, Grape Ape, and Green Crack. Nothing else with a name ever comes through. And if it did, none of us cared, I didn't even ask. It just goes in my jar and i smoke it. The Thunderfuck had giant fluffy round nugs, and smelled like lemons. I got a half O but the bag looked like 2 Os it was so fluffy. They let it sit way to long in flower. Foxtails everywhere, the hairs pulled back in, completely yellow leaves and golden trichs. It actually wasn't strong at all, but was amazing medicine. It supposedly  had a very high cbd content, and you could tell. It was great for after work, it gave amazing relief from everything physical with a clear head too. The grape ape was nothing special... The Green Crack was the first good bud I ever smoked. It was insane. A bowl actually lasted me two sessions. I layered the bowl with GC, hash, GC, oil and then kief. I do that all the time to celebrate shit but this bowl was different. I messed myself up.. I got so high I forgot to smoke the rest and just wandered back inside laughing at random shit with a half smoked bowl in hand.

So i guess any well grown bud is good to me really. I don't know what cut of Green crack I had. I've heard people say it's pure indica and it's pure sativa too. And then I'll never know what it really was to begin with anyway, but in 8 years it was the best. I've never even had the chance to pick pure sativas or indicas. So really, I can't tell you I know the difference in high. Of course all bud feels slightly different, but the high is sort of all based off your feelings all around before smoking to begin with. Based off my favorites and the way I felt from them I guess a strong hybrid, leaning towards indica is my perfect strain.

The Green Crack... I miss it. Das a half in them 3 nuggs.
    downsize.jpg

16. This. All the bud I have been getting is a hybrid 80% of the time, the other 20% is indica.

I think it's because those strains are the most popular for medical users. I don't know of anyone growing solely for the black market. It seems black market is whatever the dispensaries can't use.

18. Indica guy right here. All about that purple.

19. The wife likes me to smoke them so she can touch me anywhere she wants.  I am very ticklish and they remove it completely.  So she can rub all over me and I don't immediately stop her.

I like her to smoke a sativa though because she gets a bit freaky. :)

So we try to keep both types around.  Have some Kali and Blueberry right now.

20. #20 Abe421, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
    I'm not the biggest fan of indica. I would want it sometimes, but it depends on my mood and time of day. During the day, Sativa. At night, Indica. But I always want a good mix.
    I actually had a piece of a Indica Bhang bar (single strength) a couple days ago. It was aright, but it felt empty without the Sativa. Still was nice tho, but lasted a pretty short time.

If I had to pick a side, it would probably be Sativa

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum