Advice on purchasing bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 420tooblown, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Hello everyone, I have around 150 to spend all together on a nice new bong but the issue is deciding on which to buy. I do not want china glass/cheap glass. I would like a quality piece that is going to be my "daily driver". I would prefer a thicker glass such as 5mm because I know I/friends can sometimes be clumsy. So far the bongs that have interested me the most is either the Ehle 500ml (not 5mm :/ ) or the 18" Zob OG straight tube. One preference that I would like is a bong that is around 18 inches. I have never tested either brands so I came here for advice. What straight tube brand would you guys recommend from experience? Cheers

2. Thickassglass.com

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. If you spend more than $50.00 I shake my head at you.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

4. #8 theicemanmypass, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    🙈

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429210321.401226.jpg

Just got this blaze glass bong four $62

6. I disagree.

As for the topic at hand; https://www.facebook.com/Blackmarketglass420 these guys make nice tubes IMO, and really solid hexagonal bases on a lot of their tubes as well. Treehouse is decent, a little more fragile, however. ROOR is nice but I find that a lot of their stuff can be overpriced for what you really seem to get, but that's just my opinion. I don't own a ROOR but I have smoked from them and they are nice, so I'm not knocking them. I would still say look into black market if you want a taller, slightly more durable tube that isn't shitty china glass.

They're out of Portland, OR, by the way. I'm not entirely sure how you go about purchasing straight from them, I'm sure you can email them on facebook or the email they have on that fb page.

I know my big black market (you can see it in my profile) I paid ~140 for at my lhs. I'm not sure what their online prices or shipping are like, though.

Bs, where?

7. #13 theicemanmypass, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    I'm pretty sure their Chinese knockoffs mine came definitely from China took about 2 1/2 weeks

8. Zob for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. That's pretty lame, haven't looked too much but that's kinda how it seems.

10. Well depends on what China you get. I got a 9mm glass bong. The quality and look is good but plane Jane( clear "scientific"). And I don't see it breaking any time soon. well maybe ......something else that it touches.

I guess its more about thickness then anything else imo.

11. It's no just thickness.
    Glass isn't just glass, there's soft glass (cheap in bulk) and harder glass (not as cheap).
    Then there's glass made for skyscrapers which are even harder (usually mixed with metals).

Most knock off bongs will use weak cheap glass, you will see pitting and bubbles, maybe even molding/cast marks.

You get what you pay for generally.

12. +1

13. I can't speak for the zob, as I've never hit one, but I do own an Ehle and have zero complaints about it. The hexagonal bases are awesome, I've bumped mine but it has yet to fall

14. I love the dh gate stuff cause it's so cheap. I dont mind it being China glass or whatever but reviews say stuff takes forever to get to you.