Aerogarden Ultra First Grow *Noob alert*

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Kirufu, Feb 12, 2015.

1. #41 Kirufu, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    I ordered both bud candy and ignitor. I'm not sure about the bud candy though. All it really is is magnesium

2. Yes, essentially bud candy is just dissolved Epsom salt in a bottle, you'd probably be much better off just buying a big cheap bag of that and adding it by the tablespoon along with your nutes.

3. True but it's cool. It was only 9 or so on Amazon.

4. *Update* Day 10
    Looks like we got some new leaves coming in ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424483438.555276.jpg
    And this one again is being really weird. Any thoughts?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424483486.849266.jpg

5. It is probably ph related or possibly temperature related. Those are the 2 most likely causes.

6. It's straightening out now
    Do you know if it's possible for roots to be blocked inside a pod?

7. I suppose anything is possible though unlikely, maybe if they were to get tangled somehow. No aerogarden experience but I don't think there should be anything that would obstruct the roots.

8. Don't worry, the roots will get to where they need to go just fine. Some people suggest bending the white plastic plug holders out of the way to speed up the process, but as soon as that first root is long enough to be suspended in the nutrients, they'll take off. I didn't do anything to mine and the roots always did fine. Plus it's harder to keep the sprouts from falling in the res when you bend the plastic holders.

9. This is so confusing haha but I'll let be and post if anything changes. The reason I asked was because the other one I have has roots coming out and that one germinated after the one that doesn't

10. *Update* Day 12
    I think I need to start over from the beginning because I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing this right but I guess the pictures will tell right.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424657366.500364.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424657403.302605.jpg

11. Is this bulb okay to set up now or should I wait?

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424745277.677606.jpg

13. I wouldn't give up just yet. I thought the lemon skunk I planted was dead for sure when it first sprouted and dried up. Sure enough some patience and it came back full force, very glad I didn't make any hasty decisions. I'll admit one or two of your seedlings are a little strange looking, but that's the beauty of nature! A little random chaos helps keep things interesting. I'd say feel them out for a few days. If your ph is good and they have appropriate amounts of nutrients then you just have to play it by ear. Keep an eye on the problem sprouts day by day and note any progress or decline so you know if you're doing the right thing. Most importantly, remember everything you try when you're growing, every success or failure. That experience will come back an help you tremendously in later grows. You'll also be able to pass on that knowledge to novice growers of the future, and I think I speak for us all when I say that's the best part of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    And I say fire up that bulb now, give them babies all the light they can take!

14. Compared to yesterday and today there's quite a difference ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424746130.121273.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424746154.357204.jpg
    In the first picture it looks like she's struggling like crazy and for the second one I read that if the leaves point up she's enjoying whatever I'm doing

15. I haven't added nutes yet but I've been thinking to add a little just don't know which ones and how much at this point

16. I'd say now would be the time, they look like they need it. At this point, I'm sure they'll take anything you give them. Do you still have the liquid plant food that came with the Aerogarden? I'd give it that now for sure, if not, go to anywhere that sells plants and buy some sort of liquid plant food. If you have to ask someone who works there, say you're growing tomatoes and need plant food. Unless you wanna use this to your advantage and upgrade while you have the chance, in which case I'd say hop on Amazon and cop some advanced nutrients grow micro bloom. A worthy investment for sure!

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424752168.955084.jpg I've had these for awhile. I know I'm kind of slow with this haha

18. *Update* Day 17
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425067054.633931.jpg
    I'm debating if I should change the water now and start at week 2 or not. The roots is finally in the water.

19. #60 Kirufu, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425067614.512141.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425067650.585710.jpg
    Should I just cut this one or let it keep going? In the second picture the roots are still going but there's no new growth