Aerogarden Ultra First Grow *Noob alert*

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Kirufu, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Yes, but I would suggest to dilute your ph down/ph up before you drop it in the reservoir, I shake mine up with half a bottle of water so it mixes more evenly and you don't get crazy hot spots of acidity and inaccurate pH level readings. Go a little at a time too, like by the drops.

2. Dilute the ph up/down? I'm using the kit so I'm not really sure what you mean.

3. Like whatever you're using to raise or lower the pH in the reservoir, if you just dump it in the res, it won't mix as well as if it's diluted with water first. That's just how I do it though, what type of kit do you have? I might be talking about something totally different haha

4. I'm using the general hydroponics kit. What I did earlier was get some water from the res, tested it, adjusted it back to the yellow with a few drops. Airstone was going basically everything was still on when I did it.
    I only have 3 more gallons of distilled water because my plan is to use them once a week and buy a few more when I use the last one.

5. Sounds like a plan, keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Okay cool I was thinking I should've asked first but the sample I first tested was off and the pump was running so I just did it

7. I'm not sure if my girls have made any progress. The first one looks like it had no problem getting up but I cut the of the top of the sponge and put it on the bottom to give it some room to sprout.
    The second one just started germination but the taproot isn't fully out yet. This is day 3 by the way

8. Patience is key. Just give it time, it's not anything wrong. Last seeds I planted in aero took maybe a week or so to sprout. They'll get there

9. #29 Kirufu, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    I'm too excited haha

10. *Update* Day 5
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424046728.895480.jpg
    It's getting there.. Any day now it'll sprout.. I'm not a very patience person am I
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424046839.101669.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424046894.758723.jpg

11. *Update* Day 6
    What's going on? I mean like is this okay? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424113766.667124.jpg

12. It's cool if it stays out? I had no idea that that was possible

13. Yeah, you can get used to seeing a lot more of those! The roots are watered by the pump until they're long enough to be suspended in the nutrient solution, don't worry, just put the plug back in and let the plants grow.

14. Right on just know you'll have even crazier roots pokin out very soon!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. *Update* Day 8
    Everything seems okay. I Lifted the aerogarden light a little, changed the water, and add another light on the side with a zip tie haha
    This one looks good besides I looks burned a little or it could be from the seed it came out of ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424297244.110133.jpg
    This one is the odd ball haha ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424297317.526534.jpg she decided to go sideways instead of the middle

16. So I ordered big bud nutes is there anything I should add to that like bud candy or overdrive because I was just going to use it alone

17. I would say bud igniter if you can get it, I never got a plant that far into flowering but that was definitely the most effective one in veg, plants totally bushed out. Also used bud candy and big bud though I wasn't really supposed to that early. Plants seemed to like the combo quite a bit. Can't go wrong with advanced.