Existence vs nonexistence. Insanity.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MaxK, Feb 12, 2015.

1. I think thats an identity problem not an existential problem.

"To be nothing it must be something"? I think you are having difficulty with your definitions my friend.

Maxk, check out psychedelic salon podcast 431. Its pretty relevant to what your thread.

2. Nothing is defined as not a thing. If you can define something as not a thing don't you need to technically have something in the first place?

3. In a sense. I like to use sine waves as an example to help visualize this concept.

Two opposite waves (two actual waves) produce a net zero wave. If you subtract one of the waves, the other wave immediately appears. When we have a net zero wave can we say it is something? Well its not a wave because it has no frequency, no differentiation, it is nothing, but out of that nothing, it can become something if its opposite wave is removed.

Attached Files:

4. That's almost exactly what I'm trying to say! Albeit less clearly. That was a very relevant analogy. Two elements dependent on each other. Except the relationship is the reverse of the analogy you gave. I listened to that podcast btw and it was interesting. The whole idea of the voice not being your own but rather a constant narrative of the events occurring. But if you listen to it it quiets itself..