First grow finally started

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Ingrid27, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Nice grow, keep up the good work :D

2. For that space, take a look at the older mars 300w or the newer 400. Typically for flower you want to have at least 50w a square foot of draw from the lights, I believe the mars400 draws about 220W so I'd say its pretty close to what you should be looking for :)

Talk to Sara here in the city, she will rt you a better price than the website! Blades get a bit of a discount ;)

3. $ounds good!
    I have 1 white widow, fem.
    1 original skunk # 1, fem.
    The White Widow is doing great, The skunk on the other hand...

Here's a look at my little space.
    BTW.. Using to veg only, will put outside in few weeks.
    Thanks again!

Attached Files:

4. #25 Ingrid27, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    Also, since you're only using it for veg, you may never end up using the full function of the 150w reflector since there's both grow and bloom switches. I was going to recommend the 400 as well if you have the extra 80 or so dollars.
    And I'll second that Sara is very helpful, she'll be able to help you if you do want to go the mars hydro route.

Your plant looks nice! Can't wait to see what it transforms into over the next few months! I've always dreamed of having plants bathing out in the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Hey guys,
    Been smooth sailing since the last update.  I've been watering with about a half dose of veg nutes when they need it.  The smaller pots need some every other day if not every day, and the bigger ones are about every 3-4 days.  I took some clones on 3/31 and 4/1, 10 and 11 days ago, and still no signs of roots.  They're healthy, but something's holding them back.  2 are in a makeshift bubble cloner made out of an old cat litter box, the bubbles are strong and the stems are immersed about a 1/8" with the water splashing the rest of it.  The others are in peat moss that I keep moist, and I mist everything a few times each day.  They're only getting natural sunlight from my windows and the little light from the cfl lighting my room. I've heard clones don't need much light at all.  I'm thinking the problem may have to do with how wet/dry they, but I really have no idea.
    I flipped the 6 plants to flower on April 1st, and tied them down a few days earlier to manage the height once the flower stretch starts since I don't know how extreme it'll be with my strain (bagseed but I'm pretty sure most are bubba kush). Still no sign of sex, any idea how much longer until I'll be able to tell? I have a 10x magnifying lens but I've never had to sex a plant before.  I'd love to thin my closet out as soon as possible because of the smell once they start flowering, hopefully I have at least 1 female after all this time and work!
    Here are some pics.
    Also -Still to come! I build a smaller veg box mounted with 2 PC fans, this will be the box my clones will end up in.  I have a bigger box that I'm still working on, and my plants will be moved into that and equipped with a carbon filter to manage any smell.  

Attached Files:

6. 3 weeks into flowering tomorrow, starting to see some buds forming

DSCN0986.jpg

DSCN0987.jpg

DSCN0988.jpg

7. Hey guys,
    Sorry for the poor updates, I've been super busy with other things. So theres a lot thats happened! First big news is that my two best plants ended up being male! [​IMG]   But the good news is that I have 4 females, 4/6 isn't too bad in my opinion! Im keeping all of them for now, but one plant is clearly the least developed, smallest, and has the most problems so I won't be surprised if I only end up harvesting 3.  The official flip to 12/12 date was April 6th, so they're 24 days into flowering.  I've started using a bloom formula that I picked up from a local store, it was only $10 so I was very happy to get it.  It doesn't seem to be harming the plants too much...the leafs on two of the girls curl down for about a day after watering, maybe a sign of the nutes being imbalanced but it doesn't seem to be harming them too much.  If the problem gets worse, I'll stop the bloom formula.  I'm watering with a solution of 1 tsp/gallon every other watering...I'm keeping it weak until I really learn how it effects the girls.  
    Let me know what you lads think about my girls! I'm very proud of each and every one of them!

Oh! Almost forgot! I have 5 clones going that I took as soon as my plants showed their sex.  They don't look too bad, but during my last attempt at cloning I only got 1 of 7 clones to root....and it was after like 20 days!!

Attached Files:

8. #29 Ingrid27, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    Another update here! As my girls approach 6 weeks I'm starting to worry about them! They still look healthy as far as I can tell, but I have a nasty fungus gnat problem in my closet.  I can see the little bugs flying out of the soil and I am worried that they could be effecting the roots.  I've tried the vinegar trick but it hasn't worked so far...any advice on getting rid of these pests? How harmful are they to my final yield?  I included a picture of one of them hoping someone could confirm that their fungus gnats.  Im using FFOF, so Im pretty sure they just came in the soil.  

Also, for a few days past 5 weeks, do you guys think they're developing on time?  The buds are starting to form and get more thick/dense, but they haven't gotten very big.  I'm not expecting huge buds, but I really hope they get bigger...taller....even though there's only just about 3 weeks left.  

Please let me know what everyone thinks!!
    ~Ing

Attached Files:

9. Update!
    Got 1 million beneficial nematodes and a fungus gnat killer spray and my problems already diminishing. Here's some pictures, tomorrow marks week 6. It's also my birthday! Wish I could be smoking on some home grown all day

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431561285.964871.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431561317.615477.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431561334.932250.jpg

10. Trim a couple fans

11. Yes sir thank you

12. I've been thinking about for a bit but I couldn't decide since they're still absorbing light for the plant

13. Very nice grow Ingrid, plants looking healthy! I hope you had a nice birthday yesterday! :)

14. It's today and it's amazing 👍👍👍

15. At this point most of your light absorbtion will be in the colas you can trim 15-20% fan leaves at this point in flower to give more light to shaded buds without any I'll effect on light uptake or stressing your lady you will actually increase with this method

16. my birthday was the 14th happy birthday yo

I hope you had a great day! I went on a nice day hike through the woods on shrooms with some incredible people.  I trimmed up the leaves earlier today, I can already tell it'll make a huge difference.  Some of the canopies were thick and blocking all the light.  I also set up a separate veg box with 3 seeds that just popped along with two clones that managed to root. There will definitely be a round two...Im thinking only one or two plants. 
    Put the trimmings through a nutribullet and I'm going to make some butter tonight.  I'll let you guys know if it works, the fan leafs might not be potent/mature enough yet.

18. Sounds like fun were they cubenzes?

Sounds like a perfect birthday :D Did you grow them yourself? Its very easy [​IMG]