Kind l300 LED with Aerogarden ultra LED auto grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by LEDswag, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Leaves towards the bottom of the plant tend to yellow when flowering
    The plants puts its energy towards the buds and not keeping leaves healthy

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. I appreciate the reassurance. I was worried sick last night lol
    They both look a lot better this morning. The lemon skunk is getting so damn frosty, checked with the scope and the trichs are getting cloudy and bulbous. Still wanna give maybe two more weeks before final flush so the amnesia can swell up a bit, I can only imagine how swollen and frosty the skunk will be by then!

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428421959.422213.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428421984.109236.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428422013.284231.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428422033.988919.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428422057.029899.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428422114.605858.jpg

Reminder, this is my FIRST flowering female plant ever, so sorry if you're getting sick of the pics, I'm just excited as hell. so fucking frosty, orange EVERYWHERE, even the amnesia is starting to get orange tips now, but the lemon is covered, at least 75% milky trichs, haven't seen any Amber yet though.

Any thoughts on time til flush? I feel like I could do it now but I at least wanna wait til the weekend to let the amnesia fatten up, but I feel like I screwed her from the get go when I started adding bloom nutes for the skunk. Not a total loss but not expecting more than a few grams off her. Better than nothing I suppose!

I'll start taking guesses on yield now, don't think she'll get much bigger than this. I'm saying two ounces dried from the lemon, agree or disagree? She's 2 feet tall and about as loaded with bud as possible lol

4. Hard to say how much you'll yield
    Looks really nice tho
    Def wait as long as possible before flushing
    My blueberry domina is getting real frosty and the bliss looks phenomenal but might not yield very much unfortunately
    I hope we end up with dope buds

5. get a cheap styrofoam cooler that can hold about a 12 pack at least. On the far left side top cut a hole to fit a powerful computer fan or small fan from wal mart. On the far right side )top too cut a 3-4 inch hole, insert a 3-4 inch l shaped pvc pipe, 6-8 inches, fill cooler with ice block if possible or just regular ice cubes, a room that small should drop at least 10 degrees

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428474276.913514.jpg
    Test bud! Had to clip a little bit, zap it dry and smoke a bowl. WOW. Flavor isn't all there thanks to the quick dry but shit its fire! Highest I've been in a long ass time off one bowl. Can't wait to smoke a flushed well cured bud!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Which strain did you do for the test run? It looks fantastic!

8. The lemon skunk, and yeah it's something else!

9. looks very nice. How long of a flush were you you planning on? It looks to me like you have another couple weeks or so judging by the way those hairs are sticking out and how white they still are.

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428699083.096130.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428699114.511188.jpg
    Yeah, it could go another couple weeks but about half the white has turned orange and I'm not seeing any clear trichomes, so I'm gonna stick with water for the next week or so until I decide it's time to chop.

How bad does the smell get when drying? I've got ona block in the grow room, but it's hardly working. I can only imagine smell will be worse come drying time.

11. As soon as you start cutting and trimming it its going to make your whole place stank. Once it is left alone to dry the smell becomes easier to manage. I usually take mine to a friend's farm to trim but not last time. Place stank for days. I'm surprised my neighbours didn't complain, call the cops, or ask for handouts. This time I will be burning lots of incense or trimming inside the tent with air filter.

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428882563.796267.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428882585.681477.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428882602.347140.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428882615.024099.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428882632.309189.jpg

13. That was an ordeal, but I'm done!
    So, I was gonna chop later this week but cut the lights out Friday and harvested today since I had the time to do it.

Bud is drying now, hoping for it to be ready to smoke by 4/20, what a holiday that shall be.
    If I HAD to guess now, I'd say I got about 2.5 ounces total, about 1.5-2 of the lemon, and a half ounce off the amnesia, she was tiny, but I'm still excited as hell. I also have two fat ziploc bags of trim that shall be blasted in a few weeks when I get the vac chamber. Vaped some scissor hash after chop and OH MY GOD it's so fucking tasty, Lemon Skunk is the absolute perfect name. Citrusy up front and skunky after tastes, absolutely incredible, and the smell is so damn pungent.

I will post more pictures and final weight+OFFICIAL smoke report sometime next weekend. Until then, thanks to HulkHogie, Kirufu and all the other blades who've stuck with me from the beginning and helped me see it through, even though you guys are still going hard, and will probably put my yields to shame, I still can't wait to see how we compare. Aerogardens can certainly produce, though I'm probably gonna use mine as a cloner in the future and switch to DWC buckets. Surprised the aerogarden lid didn't crack from the roots and the stem, it was bulging over so much that i had to cut it out with shears. 

So there you have it, my first grow finally complete. I'll keep the journal going for pics of the jarring and BHO extraction. Hope to see you all again for round two. Oh yes, I'll be back for more[​IMG]

14. That lemon skunk looks fantastic
    Got my mouth waterin haha
    I flushed about as long as you last time, a few days
    This time I'm trying to flush a lil long after some advice from a local grower
    Make sure you look up proper curing methods and times
    It easy to ruin or make your bud bomb during the curing stage

15. Yo what's your electric bill like?

16. Never went over $60 a month the whole grow, only in a one bedroom but I have a lot of other shit, stereos, projector, computers etc. running too so hardly any power was used by the LED, I'd guess more power was sucked up by the 3-4 fans I had in the grow room tbh

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429552541.015938.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429552557.119277.jpg
    Happy 4/20!

18. Final weight was just under 2.5 ounces, not huge but still quite a success for first grow imo. Already sold an ounce of it and now reinvesting into next grow!!! Hello DWC and Dutch Passion?[​IMG]
    Using the blue amnesia trim for edibles, delicious! the buds smell ridiculous.. Like no weed I've smelled before, fruity, skunky, spicey, unbelievably dank. The buds themselves are a little fluffy, thanks to the slight early pull but next grow will not be so rushed for a 4/20 sesh so very excited for next grow. after the ounce sold I still have three fat jars of skunky and fruity awesomeness and a shitload of skunk trim I plan on blasting. 

So glad this worked out, never thought I'd see this day, thanks for hanging in there with me. Time to refine my skills and I'll be back!

19. Starting new thread soon. Supplies for DWC bucket and Dutch Passion Think Different seeds have all been ordered! It's on y'all[​IMG]

I'll post under the same section, just waiting on supplies. See you all soon! I don't think you'll wanna miss this...