Kind l300 LED with Aerogarden ultra LED auto grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by LEDswag, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424934372.928634.jpg

Been a few days, here's where we're at so far...

Lemon skunk is looking healthy and green. One of the leaves is cocked to the side a little but I'm not trippin about it. The easy bud is just about to surface, getting closer every hour, and trying to decide between leaving the garden at 2 plants or planting the amnesia in place of the great white, which was a bad seed.

Everything else is running very smooth, haven't updated in a while due to a lack of any real excitement, but I have a very strong feeling this light is going to produce some very sticky delicious dank. Only a couple of weeks and this baby will be getting nice and frosty. Thanks for hanging in with me, this is only getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Planted the blue amnesia xxl, did some research and see that these don't have a chance of growing beyond my space, so going with three plants total, the sprouted lemon skunk, an easy bud that's successfully been germinated, and the blue that went in today. At this point I believe I had a stroke of luck, as the lemon skunk advertised 10 weeks from seed to harvest, and the other 2 are 8 weeks, and the lemon skunk is ahead at the perfect interval for hopefully one grand harvest?
    I guess we'll find out..

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425014306.142874.jpg
    Progress, sweet progress.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425014334.911576.jpg
    Twax. Mmmm

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425049497.693809.jpg
    So I have a root, but...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425049589.257578.jpg I've found out that the easy bud's cotyledons were stuck inside the grow plug, keeping it from sprouting for nearly a week. I assisted the leaves very gently with some tweezers, and now hopefully she'll get back on track.

I'm not terribly worried though. I have two more easy bud seeds to replace it if it dies, but after what I saw with the lemon skunk sprout coming back to life, I'm pretty confident she'll pull through. Speaking of lemon skunk...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425050243.999879.jpg

A sketchy first few sets of leaves I learned wasn't terribly uncommon from strain to strain, especially in autos, so I'm very pleased. Very green and looking 100%, I'm very excited to see what the next few weeks have in store!

5. Looks way better than my blueberry domina auto did I think you're good

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. Yeah, you can't see in the pictures but the nodes are stacked super tight. The light is kicking ass and the amnesia has taken root. Can't wait to see where I'm at in a month!

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425230754.423499.jpg
    Hell yes.

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425493643.246119.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425493703.907298.jpg

The lemon skunk has taken off, looking lush and healthy, no problems, aside from a reservoir flush due to suspected algae but it's all good now. She's on week three now, while the blue amnesia is now fully sprouted and looking good, pretty much day 2 or 3.

I'm gonna start using the aerogarden LED panel as a supplemental side light, hopefully that'll make for some proper full growth where the PAR of the kind can't hit.

I can only guess I'm about a week away from seeing pistils, then as soon as vertical growth stops, bloom nutes go in and hopefully good things afterwards.

I honestly wasn't expecting things to go so smooth for this grow. Keeping pH and nutrients in check is a breeze, now it's back to attempting to have patience. Need to focus my energy elsewhere!

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425782896.534182.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425782953.514544.jpg
    Green and healthy, perky and growing fast. I see new sets of nodes pretty much every day now, potential areas for bud sites are everywhere. My led side panel was a useful addition. Blue amnesia looks awesome too, should be looking about the same as the lemon skunk in a few weeks, but by then the skunk will be flowering heavy. I have light hitting the plants from above and below, which is really causing some impressive side branches, of which I'll post plenty of pictures when they stretch out a little bit. So stocky and dense, I wonder if that's genetics or the lighting, perhaps a combo of both?

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425790302.102494.jpg
    Upon further inspection under better lighting, I noticed the lemon has made more progress than I originally thought! Those pistils say it all, this is flowering day 1. Dropped in the bud igniter and Bud candy, only 1/4 strength, neither are nutrient rich so shouldn't affect the blue amnesia too terribly, It's just kelp juice and Epsom salt. My very first budding plant, so I'm excited as hell.

11. Btw this is week three from seed today!

12. Take it easy rushing it into flower with just one pistil
    Let it grow a bit more until you see pistils on almost all the bud spots
    I have read this will lead to a better yield

13. Yeah, I read that bloom nutrients shouldn't be added in autos until all vertical growth stops, so I'm trying to be patient, still using veg/grow base nutes, although the bud igniter is more of a preflowerjng nutrient, actually helps make the pistils sprout up everywhere. Bud candy is just a tad of magnesium, but I used that during veg all my last grow, also see many people treating their water with Epsom salt during their entire grow for the same effect, and luckily it's not just one pistil, they're popped up everywhere! I'll take pictures of a few more. This must've slipped by me for a few days for there to be this many.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425825079.634317.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425825148.926575.jpg
    I'll definitely hold off on any bloom nutes or "bud enhancers" like big bid until we're really into the thick of things, but she's showing no signs of stopping vertical growth, I'm seeing new sets of leaves daily.

14. Just got home from out of town and my fucked up domina is looking identical to yours
    Although it was forced into flowering nutes because of how ready my blueberry bliss was
    It will be interesting to see how much better your skunk turns out than my domina

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426090877.917830.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426090984.912767.jpg
    The lemon skunk is growing insanely fast. New sets of leaves daily and pistils are EVERYWHERE! Side lighting is really making a difference, helping to bush her out a bit.
    The amnesia is growing quite a bit, but was showing a few spots and the leaves began to curl. I'm associating this with a nutrient deficiency, fixed that easily, it was time for nutes anyways, so we'll see how it progresses later tonight.
    This is the 3rd week from seed for the lemon skunk, the speed and rate of growth is ridiculous! I hope it keeps up for the next few weeks.

16. Baby buds! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426305322.467348.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426305361.954289.jpg

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426481699.662209.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426481724.275695.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426481747.974875.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426481781.763092.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426481820.301726.jpg

Time for an update! This is week 2 of flowering, buds everywhere as you can see. The lemon skunk is starting to smell skunky, not so much lemony yet. Adding big bud bud candy bud igniter on top of usual nutes, and she's taking it full strength like a champ. Main cola is one of the middle pics, hairs coming out everywhere, but the side buds are looking equally swollen and hairy. The whole plant is starting to separate in half which I'm attributing to the stretch. she's getting really big, this is going so much better than I expected it to.

On the other side, the amnesia is recovering very well. First few leaves clearly scarred from the rocky start but all new growth from third node beyond is beautifully green and healthy, also adding a splitter and second bigger air stones to give more oxygen to the roots, which are healthy and white and going strong. Should still make for quite an interesting plant, really thought I'd lost her for a bit.

Now I get to see what kind of bud this light is capable of producing, by the looks of it so far, it's gonna be pretty dank. Can't wait to see what they look like when the weight stacks on over the next few weeks!!!!

18. Quick question, is it ok to prune an auto? I know it's a little late to start now but there's buds all underneath fan leaves getting no love from the kind LED, Just side penetration from the aero led. Will it stress the plant too much to remove unnecessary leaves and shoots or am I better off just riding it out at this point?

19. Never prune an auto

20. I was able to upgrade my air stones from a tiny fish tank bubbler to two 4" discs, one for each plant. When I opened the res, holy shit! The roots of the lemon skunk have completely taken over its half of the aerogarden. Blue amnesia roots are going insane as well. Ridiculous. And now the stones are in so hopefully some serious bubbling can commence and my girls can start to swell up.